Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cooking.com moves to CJ.
    Special Offer Commission:
    We are pleased offer to our loyal affiliates an introductory commission rate for joining our program through Commission Junction by January 31, 2005. For those affiliate who migrated to Commission Junction by the deadline, we are offering an increased commission rate through May 31, 2005.
    * 9% on the sale price of every Cooking.com products
    * 2% on the sale price of Partner Products

Default Commission:
    Effective May 31, 2005, all affiliates will receive the default commission.
    * 7% on the sale price of every Cooking.com product
    * 2% on the sale price of Partner Products (Products not shipped directly from Cooking.com)

http and a telephoto
    JANUARY 31st? I didn't get this message. I am going to CJ right now to check into this, I *just* added the linkshare feed to sites last week!!!!!!

Grumble grumble grrrrr grrrrrr
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

15 years and counting
    an introductory commission rate for joining our program through Commission Junction by January 31, 2005.
    Is it new? I didn't know. Have you seen the deadline to register "January 31, 2005"
    Is the information coming from, CJ, LS, or Cooking.com?
    What about their affiliate management company, EComWorks. Are they following them?

http and a telephoto
    I don't see them at CJ.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    I'm confused. I didn't get the original message, and I don't see that Cooking.com is available at CJ.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr_Sacc
    I'm confused. I didn't get the original message, and I don't see that Cooking.com is available at CJ.
    Same here, guess Tracy is special

Does CJ have private, invitation only programs that the rest of us can't see?
    Deborah Carney

I received an email from Cooking.com today that said:

Join the Cooking.com Affiliate program with Commission Junction
    by Wednesday, February 23, 2005 ...

The quote in my initial post was from the email I received after I clicked the links and joined. I guess they had a typo in that 2nd email. But the deadline seems to really be February 23, and I had to click a special link. I just assumed it would be sent to all their existing affiliates.

---
    Okay, I just went to CJ's home page and they are listed as a new merchant. But if you are an existing affiliate at Linkshare, check your email first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    What about their affiliate management company, EComWorks. Are they following them?
    The email from Cooking.com says: We are writing to let you know that we will be concluding the current Cooking.com Affiliate Program that is managed by EcomWorks and tracked through Linkshare. We are transitioning to Commission Junction to provide you with an integrated Affiliate Program.

We have enjoyed working with you, EcomWorks, and Linkshare and would like to invite you to join Cooking.com in the Commission Junction network so you can be part of our new Affiliate Marketing Program.

15 years and counting
    Thanks, Tracy. I'm not one of their super affiliates but I've sales everyday for cooking.com.
    I checked all my emails and I can't see anything. They are not showing for me at CJ, either.
    I'll like to know the reason of their departure from LS. What's cooking, there?
    I was working on some of their products, I've better to wait and see. I appreciate the heads up!

You mean when you go to the homepage at CJ, and look at the list of New Advertisers, you don't see Cooking.com the 8th name down, joined 2-8-05?

I don't know what's going on with them in regards to why they switched to CJ. I average about $4K in sales (not commission) with them a month. Is that a Super Affiliate? I thought you had to do at least $10K for a merchant to be considered that.

This "2% on the sale price of Partner Products" concerns me a little. While at their site looking up products to switch out links, I just noticed that when you do a search for something they don't stock, they give you links to other merchants that do stock it and/or links to shopping.com. I'm not sure I like, as items coming up are to merchants I'm an affiliate of and have direct links to (at more than 2%).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I average about $4K in sales (not commission) with them a month. Is that a Super Affiliate? I thought you had to do at least $10K for a merchant to be considered that.
    I think what counts as a "super affiliate" depends on the merchant. I've had merchants where I've been called their "best affiliate" with only a few HUNDRED $$ in sales (it's always a bit disconcerting to find that something like $50 commission was a record ).

With other merchants, I've made many thousands/mo in sales and not even made their top 20.

I think the best way to know if you're a super affiliate is to ask yourself: "Is this merchant kissing my butt? A *lot?? * And, is this kissing behavior BEYOND what I saw when I first started?" If they are, chances are you've hit the radar as a top performer! (If they're not kissing up, usually it means that you aren't--although there are some merchants who are just clods who don't know that super affiliates deserve kissing! ) Also telltale is if merchant friendliness seems to be directly connected to your SERP ranks (or the success of other traffic-gaining methods)...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

BTW, no Cooking.com showing at CJ for me either. Would someone share the contact email for their aff program? I've been just *waiting* for them to ditch that Snare, and now that they have, I want in!

Leader,

The affiliate manager is Shin Kim SKim-at-Cooking.com. Shin has been the affiliate manager I've been in contact with at LS, so I guess not everything changed.

I have the CJ login for one of my clients, and sure enough, when I logged in using her id, there was no Cooking.com program. I knew LS had private programs. Had no idea that CJ does the same thing.
    Last edited by Leader; February 14th, 2005 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Changed email to block email spam bots

I didn't know that about CJ either. I wonder if it's a new thing...

Thanks for that email. I'll contact them and see what comes of it... (I changed how the email was written in your post just a bit, to block address-harvesting bots from getting it.)

this'll get interesting. I was about ready to dump them even though there have been a few sales but over a very long period. I think they still owe me, too, at LS.

but -- if I can't find them mentioned at CJ, guess what . . .

I did not get the email either!!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have posted about this here. When I received the email, I immediately joined, and then came here to see what other people were saying about the switch. I just assumed that Cooking.com would have contacted all of their affiliates in a mass mailing. When I didn't see anybody posting about it, I just started the thread. I was interested in learning other people's opinions about the change.

Then I started swapping out links, and came back an hour later to find out nobody knew about it. This is too weird.

Didn't anybody else get an email?

ABW Ambassador
    Nope. I just joined cooking.com at linkshare and just made my first sales. Will they leave linkshare? Will I get my unpaid commissions if they do?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cooking.com has a bad history of dropping the program, moving the network and parasites up the Shin Kim Ying Yang. Whoopie ..all run and jump in the cookie shreeder.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I did not get the email either!!!
    I did not either.

http and a telephoto
    Well Tracy if you hadn't posted it seems most of us wouldn't know. And since my pages haven't been up that long, I guess I will pull them BEFORE the spiders get all over them until we know what the scoop is. Pulling them after they have been spidered is a pain, AND I did A LOT of customization to that feed!!!!!

&*()*&^%$#%$^*()
    Deborah Carney

&*()*&^%$#%$^*()
    &*()*&^%$#%$^*()
    &*()*&^%$#%$^*()

but I might have put more feeling into it

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Cooking.com has a bad history of dropping the program, moving the network and parasites up the Shin Kim Ying Yang. Whoopie ..all run and jump in the cookie shreeder.
    %&*^

NOW he posts that~!

I don't recall cooking.com being at any network other than linkshare previously. The only switch I remember was who was managing the program for them.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

I just checked my Linkshare account. I joined Cooking.com April 2, 2001. I don't remember them being with another network either. Also, there is an expiration date of February 28, 2005. Check your accounts at LS, and see if you have the same expiration date.

They were never a really big performer for me until Kitchen Etc went bankrupt last year. Sort of forced me to convert a lot of my links over to them. Also, they started carrying a line of products that I was already heavily promoting at my site and receiving a lot of traffic for, so they fit in well for me.

I'm absolutely astonished. I can't believe I'm the only one that got an email.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast