Thread: Protect Your Affiliate Revenue!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Exclamation Protect Your Affiliate Revenue!
    We've never directly promoted another merchants affiliate program before, but StopZilla is a software that we can all benefit from, Affiliates, Merchants and Consumers together. Making money, protecting our revenue and protecting consumer freedom of choice!

So this post is about promoting and asking you to promote STOPZilla. I've worked with the guys at Zilla for the past 2 months, and said, not until you can kill Zango will I promote your software....and so Version 4... Zango Killer

So what is STOPZilla and why should you promote it, even if you don't like LinkShare (in which case put up direct links)

STOPZilla is an Award Winning Technology CNet Editors' Choice Award winner! STOPzilla offers the highest level of Adware/Spyware protection available while intercepting and destroying intrusive Popup advertisements.

STOPzilla automatically suppresses all types of Adware and Spyware applications including: Messenger Service Ads, Malicious BHOs, Keystroke Loggers, Backdoor Trojans, Browser Hi-Jackers, Web Dialers and more without ever interrupting the consumers surfing in any way.

By preventing these malicious applications, STOPzilla protects the consumers privacy and keeps their network running at optimum performance. STOPzilla's proprietary ZILLAsmart technology automatically checks for updates daily insuring the consumer is protected against the latest breaking security threats.

AFFILIATE Revenue Guard. By preventing these malicious applications, STOPzilla also protects your affiliate marketing tracking IDs from being overwritten by malicious software, Adware or application/software based means that would usually deny you your fair revenue.

So, please, take advantage of the consumers desire to be protected and save yourself and every other affiliate some revenue at the same time.

Please click here to learn more about the StopZilla affiliate program.

If you are already signed up for the LinkShare network, then simply log into LinkShare and search for STOPzilla within the merchants directory.

Please get your AMs and merchants to promote STOPzilla, it's protecting their sites, their revenue and their consumers too!

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; February 16th, 2005 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Edited URL
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Big question I had posed last summer on pushing free links to StopZilla was ...do they target network cookies for removal as spyware! Persistant silence on this query led me to believe they trash their own affiliates cookies by default.

Hate to think how many of my shoppers ignor my plea to unblock Commission Junction -Linksynergy -Bfast from ALL the paid and free solutions out there. www.ecomcity.com/news.htm
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike

As far as I am aware and in discussions with them and my own testing they do not target cookies of any kind.

But I'll certainly triple check on all fronts.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

So what is STOPZilla and why should you promote it, even if you don't like LinkShare (in which case put up direct links)
    Hi Chris,
    You said to promote STOPZilla even with direct links?

I only ask because you're recommending STOPZilla by direct links as the second option.

That STOPZilla affiliate program, isn't the same one that is at SaS, or it's a different one?

Sorry for the question but, if it's the same STOPZilla, I hope you don't mind I ask it here.

Sal.

Hi Sal

I only ask because you're recommending STOPZilla by direct links as the second option.
    I suggested this because, if people are happy to work with LinkShare and make revenue from the sales that promoting STOPZilla can make, then they certainly should do.

However I don't think that a persons personal like or dislike of LinkShare should feature in a decision to promote the software to consumers. The more people using it the better off we all are.

As far as I am aware the program on SAS was closed. I'll double check that

Cheers

Chris

Hi Mike

Quote from STOPZilla RE Cookies :

Unlike Norton, Spysweeper, Ad-aware etc. STOPzilla does not actively scan for cookies and kill them. They are never identified as Adware or Spyware. The only feature STOPzilla has to deal with cookies is the exact same function Internet Explorer has under its tools / Internet Options menu.
    If you have further queries please let me know.

Cheers

Chris

I don't think that a persons personal like or dislike of LinkShare should feature in a decision to promote the software to consumers. The more people using it the better off we all are.
    I agree on the above.

The main reason I ask that question was because I am already an affiliate of STOPZilla thru SaS and before I made that post I went to SaS and they where there but, when I went to the STOPZilla site, they only listed LinkShare in the affiliate program page, so I was a bit confused.

My previous post was not against the LinkShare option, if a product is good, it's good anywhere.

Sal.

Hi Sal

Certainly agree, I do think though that the SAS program is being wound down. I believe Zilla tried SAS, CJ and are now on LS.

Cheers

Chris

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Talking
    I'd rather signup at Linkshare for the StopZilla program as it will ironically whack some LS parasite friendly merchants and AM's...LOL. I used to make some commissions from pushing www.giantcompany.com offerings ...till Microsoft bought them and cancelled the affiliate program.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Does it also check the HOSTS file and warn users if it's filled with crap like the one that KazaaLite installs, or (betters still) offer to remove all the crap entries from the HOSTS file?

Does it also check the HOSTS file and warn users if it's filled with crap like the one that KazaaLite installs, or (betters still) offer to remove all the crap entries from the HOSTS file?
    I had a tech doc floating around somewhere that had all that info in it. I'll try and dig it up, or else ask one of the SZ team to stop by and answer direct to save time

Cheers

Chris

I like traffic lights
    Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

HOSTS file protection.
    Hi All!,

Because STOPzilla! is designed to be as unobtrusive as possible, the HOSTS file is immediately scanned, cleaned, and locked upon STOPzilla! installation.

We're also integrating an advanced HOSTS file editor within the next few weeks so, keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks for all of your support!
    STOPzilla!

I like traffic lights
    That IS excellent news.

Can you do a special landing page highlighting this feature and explaining why it's bad to have all those hosts listed?

I call it a "poisoned hosts file" which I think describes it well and would make Joe Average computer user worried that they had one :^)

New Landing Pages
    We'll be adding additional "topic specific" landing pages very soon. We'll make sure to keep everyone posted as they make their way to the site.

Thanks again,
    STOPzilla!

Something odd happened when I tried the trial version of Stopzilla. I could no longer click to my cj.com HTML links in Affiliate Management e-mail. I was given a cj.com error. When I contacted Stopzilla customer service, I was told to remove that program and given a new link to a new program (version) to download.

Why would that be? Just curious.

Hi Shelby

What version were you running at the time, I had a few problems with specific sites that were resolved through quick upgrades, not had a problem with CJ so far though

cheers

chris

Hi..
    ... I'm having trouble finding the version number within Stopzilla itself.

I downloaded the trial version from the Stopzilla homepage just a couple of days ago. It's whatever version is currently offered on the homepage. Hope this helps!

Did the new download fix the issue or is it still happening? Let me know if it is and I'll folow up with the guys I know there. They've always been pretty swift to fix issues.

If you have it installed and running you can get the version number by right clicking the SZ icon in the task tray then select HELP > About

I've mailed SZ to follow up on the above too.

Cheers

Chris

Hi...
    ... Looks like I've installed version 4.0. I will not have time today to install the new version. I'll probably have time by Sunday. Will post my results as soon as tested. TA (thanks again)!

21. Newsletter Signup