Opportunity Knocking
    Hmmm, the first post in the first Google thread with DaPackster begging the Google Goddess for some decent listings Google loves to hit my sites every other day hasn't put out in over a year. Paleeeze my Dearest. The other SE's meant nothing to me really Probably should of sent Flowers for Valentines Day huh!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    A Valentine from Packy to the Google Goddess....priceless!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sorry, HE's not going to fall for those lines, Packy. HE'S going to rank *my* sites up first!

After all, no red-silicon-blooded American algo can resist my charms forever...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Sell your Google stock now it is going to go down. Google is starting to go haywire.
    This update has been going on since November 2003 and it has not improved the relevancy of the
    SERPs for any searches. Their whole system is screwed up.
    The recent google SERPs are a joke. Game over Google.....your engineers need a rest.
    Google is no longer a SE but an ad delivery system.
    Time we all realise it and move on.

So Jakpot - where is a better SE ?
    Victor
    [url=http://dir.seo7.net]FREE Website Directory[/url] <- add your link NOW!
    [url=http://seo7.net/buy]Buy links[/url] <- cheap

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakpot
    Sell your Google stock now it is going to go down.
    I agree! I used to have Google set as my Home Page in Explorer - but not any more! I think that a lot of their results stink!

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    A Valentine from Packy to the Google Goddess....priceless!
    Lol Mike, Hmmm maybe I can make some money doing a commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Sorry, HE's not going to fall for those lines, Packy. HE'S going to rank *my* sites up first!

After all, no red-silicon-blooded American algo can resist my charms forever...
    Lol, Maybe that's the problem Leader, there is 2 of them. A guy and a girl and they decided to hook up and said the hell with the rest of us. Well some of us

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Jakpot
    Google is starting to go haywire.

This update has been going on since November 2003 and it has not improved the relevancy of the SERPs for any searches.

Their whole system is screwed up.

The recent google SERPs are a joke.

Google is no longer a SE but an ad delivery system.

Time we all realise it and move on.
    On another forum, Google was recently characterized as a search engine for teenagers, not adults.

On my web site, I try as best as I can to code according to W3C standards.
    As a result, I have lots of #1 and #2 ratings for important keywords
    at the AllTheWeb, AltaVista, and Yahoo search engines.

At Google, I am buried under a ton of old sites with old and often dead links that haven't been updated in years. I refer to it as the "Britney Spears Effect".

Albert Einstein couldn't get a new site going off of Google because
    The Theory of Relativity is not "popular".

Currently, I am getting eleven times the referrals from Yahoo as compared to Google.

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Google is really screwed up these days!! When you do two searches for the same keywords within a couple of minutes of each other, you get different results each time. Not only that... if I type in my own domain name, instead of my site being at the top of the page, it lists other sites that are linked to me and mine doesn't show up at all. I know my site homepage is indexed almost daily, so this doesn't make any sense to me. I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this strange phenomenon?

I have the same issue with one of my sites, Grumpy.

However at this very moment the site with this behavior is getting it's first deep google crawl in over 4 weeks, so I have high hopes that things will be corrected soon. Recently all googlebot has been doing is every few days to take a quick peek at the home page then a quick peek at any page with a backlink to it and that's it.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

if I type in my own domain name, instead of my site being at the top of the page, it lists other sites that are linked to me and mine doesn't show up at all.
    I have that going on with one of my sites too. At first I was worried that it was banned! But, after I checked my logs, I found that it was still showing up under some obscure terms.

Google does spider it, a lot too, but that isn't helping the ranks any!

Thanks for your input guys. Lets hope that things settle down with the Big G soon as this is really worrying.

Well, all of the sudden the cruel Mistress G has blessed me with her traffic gift again starting late yesterday. She started sniffin' around and crawling the bejesus out of my site over the weekend and now the clicks have returned to Capistrano! Hopefully she doesn't notice all the love notes for that Y! chick I had a fling with while she was gone.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

For what seemed like no reason, two engines recently tanked my biggest c*ntent site. But I think I stumbled on the reason yesterday.

Due to my "pet project" of breaking 100,000 in Alexa on that site, I was noodling around there yesterday with the Alexa Bar on, generating some hits, and just happened to look at the links page. For the heck of it and to kill time I clicked a link.

The beautiful, well-done site which had been on the other side had been replaced by one of those stupid ban-bait "search" pages!

Needless to say, the next 1/2 hour was blown because now I had to check ALL the darned links on the page. I found another site had done the same thing, along with some more standard nasties who had just deleted their links.

I think that Google and Yahoo tanked my site just because of those 2 stupid spam sites that I had linked to! They were far, far from being spam when I put the links up. And they stayed nonspam for quite a while afterwards. (Yeah, yeah, I should've checked even more often, blah)

It's not that it's spam itself that I'm mad about--it's that they silently mutated it into spam after putting up a fake linkable site and soliciting my exchange, and affected me with their rankings toxin.

I whoised one site to try to see if it had recently changed hands or expired. Even though the pages now say they're "powered by Enom" (a registrar), as if they're just parked, the whois says the dom was actually registered 2004-01-07 (I think that's Jan 7th...or is it July 1st? ) and doesn't expire until 2006! So whoever put up the good site most likely still owns that domain. It's anonymously registered (RegisterFly's Whois Protection Service) as opposed to being claimed by the registrar itself. And, its noted at whois.sc that it's been blacklisted for email spamming, too!

Sheesh Google is touchy and so's Yahoo. The screenshot at whois.sc shows that the nonspam page was showing as recently as late December. It's not like they turned it into spam ages ago!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread