Cool Yahoo does the deep crawl?
    I'm watching the stats for a relatively new domain. Google ignores it entirely. MSN and MSN Beta send visitors but mainly to the index page.

Yahoo, on the other hand, not only brings some visitors but has enough data on each page to send the visitor to the proper page, depending on the search term.

May their tribe increase.

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo has done something other than a deep crawl. All of a sudden today I get 100+ hits on a keyword buried on my site that has never hit before. All the traffic is coming from Yahoo.

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo continues to send me the most traffic - hooray!

google has definitely been very superficial on crawling my sites lately. yahoo & msn have been doing the deep crawls and yahoo is sending the most traffic.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Feb. 2005 is the first month since I don't know when that Yahoo is sending more traffic than Google. I don't think its so much Yahoo doing more than usual as it is Google doing less than usual. My traffic has slipped, all of the slippage coming from Google...

My site is seasonal (football related) and so I expect traffic to drop this time of year.. hopefully things will look up around NFL Draft time.. (April). yipee.

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by infospongellc
    google has definitely been very superficial on crawling my sites lately. yahoo & msn have been doing the deep crawls and yahoo is sending the most traffic.
    Exactly the same at my web site!!

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Yahoo, I love 'em.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

How do I get Yahoo to crawl my site. I stoped paying them the yearly fee when they tacked on the PPC fees. Now they ignore all additional pages added to my site. Do I really need to play their game?

Yahoo is definately my traffic leader also, though I am doing very well at MSN in terms of SERPS.

Google used to be my biggest traffic source, but ever since the first Florida update they have steadily gone downhill for me. I only get about 10% of my organic search traffic from them now and have ceased trying to jump through their ever moving hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by landplanfran
    How do I get Yahoo to crawl my site. I stoped paying them the yearly fee when they tacked on the PPC fees. Now they ignore all additional pages added to my site. Do I really need to play their game?
    I thought a long time ago you were to pay a large fee but there were some other goodies bundled with it. Later on they parted company with some of the goodies or at least no longer could make good on the deal. --others may remember the real information. At any rate there is really no reason to pay out good money for what you can get for free.

Try:
    http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request

even the paid submissions don't come with a rankings guarantee, or even a guarantee that it'll actually be listed.

looksmart was starter of the concept of charging ppc in their own directory links.

look at it from their perspective, if they're able to charge something for it, and you're willing to pay for it, they can ask. it doesn't guarantee that everyone will pay. i know a lot of places are even downplaying the significance of the main yahoo! directory since the one-time review fee was turned into an annual review fee.

yahoo! is a business, they have to look for anything which they can use to bring in revenue to be able to ensure that they survive, and can afford to make their payroll of their thousands of employees.

if you can afford the ppc fees into your own margin, then it could be something important for you to consider. if you can't then you need to consider other options to make up for the gaps in coverage.

the main selling proposition for the deep submission services are for sites which are rapidly changing their content and which need to be given a good look after every 48 hours or so. if your site isn't that fluid and you just were looking for a way to get every page in your site listed, the only thing to do is cross your fingers and hope that as time progresses they re-include all of the pages in your site again.

Do the RSS for your website and ping it, it worked for me.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread