Exclamation What do you want???
    Hi All

ADVFN.com has just launched on CJ.com. We offer free stocks and shares data so you can track your investments from home or the office.

I am looking at tools that we can offer that can add content) like our Stocks quote box) any one else with any other financial tools that you might find useful? Below are a few ideas let me know what you think?

Stock ticker
    Currency Converter
    Stock charts

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Graeme

delayed (naturally) stock ticker and stock stats/charts pages can be useful.

I have a pair of pages, on different sites, that have languished for the lack of affiliateships in that area. don't know how they'll produce but I'm game.

While I know of a very good precious metals site, I can't get any affiliate income from it so I've just put up dynamic charts on a few pages as a public service. I'd be interested in dynamic charts (that can be refreshed) for gold and silver in USF and CF, if you cover that market also.

Hi Herb

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure from the response if thee is much affiliate demand for this kind of information?

I want to provide content which publishers need and add value to thier sites.

Anyone else with any views?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't promote the financial sector, but here's some thoughts:

I agree that charts would be useful if they provided enough historical data for the stock prices. It's nice to be able to see a company's past performance in comparison to current results.

A news ticker is a pretty obvious guess, but lots of sites have those already.

How about a thing to show which brokerages have the lowest rates for trades?

Maybe a mutual funds chart or ticker, too. Some people seem to love to read about those...

Greenspan-Watch Javascript? Show Fed Funds rate and likely direction and magnitude of next move by the Fed...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

HI Leader

Thanks for the post. Instead of a news ticker it would be the latest (delayed) NASDAQ, Dow and NYSE stock ticker. Do publisher look/want for quilty content aswell like a stock quote box? I have not seen a massive take up of our scheme like I thought we would!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sorry, not sure about what else financial sites would want...

About your program, I think that most programs need a heckuva lot more promotion from the merchant than is often initially expected. Plus, I'll state the obvious: Commission. The amount has to be competitive with other merchants in the sector, or the program will be hampered. How much hampering depends on how much gap there is.

As for the promotion--Looking at the biggest programs on ABW, they're usually the ones with a spokesperson/AM who's all "Go Go Go!!" all the time. Waaayyy more frenetic energy than I am comfortable with, actually, but a lot of people do seem to go for that... So chug about 50 cups of pure espresso--and then PROMOTE your program with all guns!

As for promoting here, for real exposure, there's the New Program Announcements and also individual merchant forums you can get
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

the AOL IM software provides a ticker, both banner size and as part of the normal interface (small).

Hi Herb

Thanks for the info on AOL. I will go and have a look to see what they are doing.

Graeme

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread