http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000633KZ8/

...has an image associated with it.

Neither this:

http://www.c3scripts.com/cgi-bin/ae....&mode=12925361

Nor this:

http://www.c3scripts.com/cgi-bin/ae....rch=B000633KZ8

...displays the image.

Why?

I have the same problem on my site and it is irksome.

Amazon.com's Amazon Web Services (AWS) does not provide all of Amazon's product images via AWS. Amazon simply doesn't provide the image data for those products that you mention; and AE cannot guess what the image URL is since it is non-standard (have a look at the image URL's at amazon.com of those products and you'll see what I mean). AE can only display what Amazon's AWS provides to AE. This is a general problem with Amazon's AWS, not AE.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Is there a way of not allowing any products without pictures or without "Our Price" not to show up on the results. It bothers me when half the results don't have pictures or prices. What is the point of even showing them and taking up valuable space.

Also is their a way to show "Sale price" for the few products that have them.
    I looked at the XML and tried what I thought was the right varaible.

Thanks

1. There is no filter to hide items that have no price or no image. It is Amazon.com that is not providing price/image for some items.

2. The formatting code for list price is {details.ListPrice} and the formatting code for sale price is {details.OurPrice} (uppercase/lowercase in variable names is equal; use mixed-case for easier reading). To show a price only if there is a price, then use if statements:

{if details.ListPrice}List price: {details.ListPrice}{endif}
    {if details.OurPrice}Our price: {details.OurPrice}{endif}

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

I'm aware of how to use "List price" and "Our price". I was on Amazon and saw some items had "Sale Price" instead of Our Price. The Sale Price doesn't show up using AE because it only uses Our Price. So I checked http://xml.amazon.com/schemas3/dev-heavy.xsd It does mention "Sale Price" but it doesn't seem to work. I tried
    {Variation.SalePrice}. Any word on if you can use it and how.

Also, back to showing results without pictures or "Our price" topic. I guess I don't understand how the feed works. So you are saying that the results are displayed as is and you cannot place a simple if statement to ignore those with out a Our Price.

If so would it be possible to store the results in some array and then go through your own filter before actually showing the results. How is it different than using {if details.OurPrice}Our price: {details.OurPrice}{endif} to display a price or not???

Back to my last post.

I should be clear that when I said "would it be possible to store the results in some array and then go through your own filter before actually showing the results." , I meant for you to incorporate it in a future release.

1. The schema document indicates what is possible. Not all those fields may actually be present for a particular product. To see what data is available for a particular product, do an asinsearch and add &data to the end of the URL, such as:
    /cgi-bin/ae.pl?asinsearch=B00005JN4W&data

If you see "Sale price" for a particular ASIN at the amazon.com website, let me know what the ASIN is so I can see what data is provided by AWS.

2. Create a custom formatting libary. The relevant formatting code is the <!--format.list1.cell--> ... <!--/format.list1.cell--> block. Just after the opening <!--format.list1.cell--> tag, add an if statement such as:

<!--if details.ourprice-->

Then, just before the closing <!--/format.list1.cell--> tag, add:

<!--endif-->

If you want to check if there is an image, then edit ae.ini and set imageWH to yes and use <!--if details.ImageThumb--> as the if statement. If you don't already have an ae-imgcache directory in your cgi-bin directory, create it.

To check that an item has a price and has an image, then use two if statements, one after the other, and use two endif's. (imageWH must be set to yes).

<!--if details.ourprice-->
    <!--if details.ImageThumb-->
    ...original stuff here...
    <!--endif-->
    <!--endif-->

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

1. I tried putting &Data. Sale Price did not show up as part of the data. It also says "Item is not Available". It looks like you can buy this in Amazon but not through AE. Here is the ASIN : B0000AZJ8A

2. I just beat you to your post. I already did the exact code you replied with. The problem with that is it skips numbers. It would say "Here are 1 - 10" but perhaps show you numbers 3, 4, 7,8, and 10 if those are the only ones with pictures. The above ASIN is a perfect example of taking up space. It shows up in the top 10 in AE but you cannot purchase it through AE. So just wondering if it is possible to do my suggestion in a future release for those who want the feature turned on.

Reminder of suggestion : When doing a search/browse/script, store only available products with pictures into an array. When the array of 10 is full send it to the <--results -->. That way when it says "Here are 1 - 10" it shows 10 in order and all are available to purchase.

1. That item cannot be added to the shopping cart immediately upon clicking the "Buy from Amazon.com" button on the AE generated details page because that product has size variations: it can be bought for a full size bed, or for a twin size bed. AE cannot show variations since that information is not supplied by Amazon.com Web Services.

http://www.c3scripts.com/cgi-bin/ae....rch=B0000AZJ8A -- I clicked on the "Buy from amazon.com" link and I ended up at that product at the amazon.com website. Then I clicked on the "Add to Shopping Cart" link ("twin" was the default variation) and amazon.com said that the item was added to my shopping cart.

2. There is no renumbering after items are excluded since viewing any results page (example, starting at page 10) would require determing what items have been excluded from all previous pages.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Thanks. Thats good to know.

So basically the price and picture do not show up because Amazon offers choices in colors or sizes or whatever. Is it possible to show the first picture available. It looks like pictures were offered when I used &Data. I know the format is wrong but can it be done now or you do it in future releases.

Amazon.com's new Amazon.com Web Services 4 (AWS 4) (a.k.a. ECS) may provide the necessary image data for variations. AWS 3 does not provide the necessary image data (as can be seen by the fact that no image shows up). AE uses AWS 3. So for the near future, no. No schedule yet on AE using AWS 4.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread