A Good PPC Directory/Search?
    I have a number of domains that I haven't developed yet, and so I'd like to put a PPC directory/search on them in the case that they may be getting a little bit of traffic. Any idea about who would be a good company to go with?

I have heard that Google might have something like this, but after a very quick read of their info, it would seem it's only available to big companies with thousands of parked domains. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

"haven't developed" . . . nothing there, or put in place with some copy and haven't been worked on in a while? Makes a difference.

with enough copy, google adsense (http://www.google.com/adsense) might bring in a little income. they also have a search box you can place on a site if there is enough material there. would need more than a few pages, though. it can be set to search the site or the Web or even another site.

while developing Adsense Google wanted to work with sites with many impressions per day. some time ago they've let the rest of us in on the deal.

I assume you don't check the traffic at all on these sites? if they are all parked at the registrar this is all moot.

avum, are you looking for essentially a domain parking type service, where visitors get a branded directory or search engine and you get paid for clicks, or more along the line of incorporating site search and PPC search into existing sites?

In either case, I know a good provider. Drop me a PM with the specifics of what you're after, number of sites, etc, and I'll let you know (if you don't have enough posts, feel free to use the contact form on the site in my sig).
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Eathan,

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. I don't have enough posts to send you a PM. I've sent you a message via your website.

while developing Adsense Google wanted to work with sites with many impressions per day. some time ago they've let the rest of us in on the deal.
    Herb,

How does that work? Do you know? Can anyone get in on it? The way I read their info, it still sound exclusive.

avum,

Glad to hear it.

I got your email and it sounds like a good fit with the provider I'm thinking of. I'll talk with them in the am and should be able to get back to you by Friday afternoon (Monday at the latest).

Cheers!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by avum
    Herb,

How does that work? Do you know? Can anyone get in on it? The way I read their info, it still sound exclusive.
    if you go to www.google.com/adsense you'll find the tools you need to put adsense ads on your pages. better if you submit a site that has some content on it first for them to approve. after that, you can use their ads on other pages and other sites.

results vary, of course. many threads on how and how-not-to around here.

I found this on the Google site:

No Google ad or Google search box may be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, or in any email.
    But I thought I had seen somewhere that they do offer a service for parking -- only to larger players, however. Some have even speculated this is why Google themselves have gotten into the domain registration game - to take advantage of all those parked domains.

Google does offer a parking service, but as you assume it's for sites that generate considerable traffic (more than 750,000 pageviews a month - link).

An option open to anyone is Sedo. I have a couple of domains parked there, just because I didn't have anything to do with them (I shut the original sites down) and just wanted to try it. It's more a of a selling space, but you never have to sell the domain, but the ability to take offers is there.

Another option is Searchfeed (.com). Someone came up with a script that creates a directory type site based off Searchfeed. You can find that here. There's a demo link at the bottom of the page to see what it looks like.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Kanoodle
    I discovered that Kanoodle offers a parking directory, if anyone else is interested. They say they are the only one between you and the advertisers, thereby making profits larger. Sounds all right anyway.

Has anyone used Kanoodle? Good or bad experiences?

I just ran across bannerboxes.com but haven't tried them or really know much about them. If anyone knows anything about them I'd like to hear about it.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I've had good results on kanoodle in the past on my games/gaming sites, but not anymore

I took a quick look at bannerboxes - looks interesting. It looks like you get more control over what kind of ads show on your site, and that you can even set the price. Some of their payouts look a lot lower than with Google, but some look higher. While you might get a few high-paying Google ads, you might get a lot of very low ones too for the same type of ad. Looks like a lot more control with bannerboxes (though I'm sure a lot few advertisers). One day Google might be forced to give their publishers this type of control. That would be a good day.

I especially like that you can determine what kinds of ads are shown on your site, that they aren't simply limited to some VERY, VERY dumb bot reading your keywords and some advertiser without enough imagination to think to include your particular audience (but you can't fault them for that). Who better than the site owner knows what kinds of things his/her audience would go for? That's a very weak link in Google's system, in my opinon.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread