Is this common with CJ?
    I've only been doing affiliate marketing for a couple months--BUT is this a common deal with CJ?

Do any of you have sales showing up as you would expect? I'm seeing about 50% of my normal...and more of it is coming from merchants who compensate per lead as opposed to sales. (i'm wondering if the leads are just reported sooner, b/c there's no credit check, etc. involved)

How is everyone else doing? CJ veterans...any insight from past experiences?

Do some test purchases and see if 50% of them are tracked and reported.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by affnewbie
    I've only been doing affiliate marketing for a couple months--BUT is this a common deal with CJ?

Do any of you have sales showing up as you would expect? I'm seeing about 50% of my normal...and more of it is coming from merchants who compensate per lead as opposed to sales. (i'm wondering if the leads are just reported sooner, b/c there's no credit check, etc. involved)

How is everyone else doing? CJ veterans...any insight from past experiences?
    You really can't compare yourself to others. Everyone has diffferent situations; ie different types of websites or different ways of marketing themselves. I am having a great month, but my situation may be different than yours. Plus everyone promotes different items so it is very hard to compare situations. Plus how can you say that you are only seeing 50% of normal if you have only been doing this for a couple of months? It can take up to a year to really see what your pattern is month after month, season after season. Hang in there, you will do ok!!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Plus how can you say that you are only seeing 50% of normal if you have only been doing this for a couple of months? It can take up to a year to really see what your pattern is month after month, season after season.
    Yep.

Also remember that the "CJ Account Manager is Experiencing Delays," as CJ says on its site, so it may take a while for things to show up.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

yeah...i know. i guess my title for the thread could've been more clear. i knew that CJ has a delay--that's what I was referring to when i said

"is this common with CJ...? I wanted to know if the delays we've been having for the last couple days are par for the course...

ABW Ambassador
    A delay means that the sales for the missing periods will be posted. When no sales are posted for the problematic period, is that considered a delay?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "is this common with CJ...? I wanted to know if the delays we've been having for the last couple days are par for the course...
    It happens a lot less often than it used to. But it's still more common than it should be, IMO--it still happens enough that I'm not exactly bolted over with surprise.

When no sales are posted for the problematic period, is that considered a delay?
    If no sales are EVER posted for the problematic period, I wouldn't say it's just a delay! It used to be that when they finally caught up, I'd get a big blast of sales reported, but not so much lately.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It's delayed (for last hours of yesterday I still have not seen transactions show up), but also
    seems incomplete... More often than not, delayed reporting (of the heavy kind, not the usual 1
    hour or so delay) in our CJ account also leads to 'bad sales days'. Since it's unlikely sales are nearly
    always bad when CJ reporting has heavy delays... I can only think lots of transactions are NOT
    reported in/after such periods..

ive noticed the same thing with CJ.. im new to this business so maybe i am just being paranoid but it seems like whenever cj is running along fine, my conversion rate holds steady across the board.. when there are days like the last two, i have a huge drop..

i wish there was a third party involved in the tracking process.. if sales get "lost", an affiliate is defenseless.. unless he takes the order on his own site and transfers..

-qwik

CJ is supposed to be this third party;-) They also should be sort of 'on the affiliates side' because
    their get paid 30% over what each merchant pays the affiliates. (But someone in some other thread
    recently claimed they get paid this 30% (sometimes?) also when affil. tracking seems incomplete).

and yes our EPC also drops on those days, like yesterday it was half of usual, few days ago, the
    previous reporting delays, same story. There also have been 'reporting delays' when indeed everythin
    seemed to come in nicely afterwards, but it has been rare.

well.. if they dont pay the affiliate, i suppose that 30% gets boosted to a nice 100%.. and its not like cj can afford to tell us when the tracking goes down.. people would lose confidence in the system.. plus, they would not want the nightmare of compensating affiliates for lost sales..

-qwik

Reporting sucks at cj. Tracking sucks at cj.

Their programming code needs a major audit from an outside firm!!!!

Chuck

ABW Ambassador
    I am wary of the tracking at CJ. I don't like it when programs move to their network. Most often, it means a decrease in revenue. With the number of times that it's happened, I can only assume that it's a tracking issue at CJ.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread