Flu?
    So, is the flu going around in your part of the world? Have you been sick? I'm in Nova Scotia Canada, and got it about a month ago, and have not yet gotten over it

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hi lola,

I guess you some how sent it Florida.

My son is just getting over it. Spent about 4 days stomach sick, very bad. He was glad he says, no school.

Time to send it to another part of the world.

I'm in Florida too. I got the flu a couple days after Christmas, and I am STILL getting over it. It's very nasty this year.

I didn't bother with flu shots this year cause we NEVER get sick. Ha.

ABW Ambassador
    Lola,

I'm out here in California and got it more than a month ago and am just getting over it. Don't know if you have the same as me, but it's not the flu, but a virus. Doctor said it's all over the place and the only way to get rid of it was by taking antibiotics. Took them for a week and then after another week it started to subside. I've never had a flu or virus that lasted this long.

Bob

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Don't know if you have the same as me, but it's not the flu, but a virus. Doctor said it's all over the place and the only way to get rid of it was by taking antibiotics.
    Ack! What school did *he* go to, I wonder? That's backwards. Antibiotics only work on bacteria, not virii.

http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/co...flesneezespot/
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    You sure are right on that one Leader. And so many docs are just too willing to over prescribe antibiotics which just compounds the problem of resistence. It's just easier to write the script and appease the patient.

Lots of folks saying/thinking they have the flu when it's really something else and not the real flu either. But there is a lot of stuff going on around here also. I can always tell by how full the hospital parking lot is when I drive by there. Although it's not been as bad here this year as I thought it might be with the shortage of flu vaccines earlier.

Sure hope you feel better soon Lola. Anything that lasts that long is NOT fun!

I hope everyone who's sick feels better soon, too.

So, is the flu going around in your part of the world?
    Fortunately, I've avoided it--a side-benefit of refusing to go out in the MI winter very often.

But I kind of recall the TV saying a couple of weeks ago that flu-like illness was becoming fairly prevalent, but that's a normal report for this time of year.

Both of my brothers have the Flu in Chicago.

Me and my family are in Ohio and have avoided it so far. Me and my 2 little ones have been hunkered in the house while hubby goes to work and brings us supplies!!!

We all had the flu last year and I don't ever remember being that sick in my life ! 3 weeks to get over it. My son was just 1 year old w/a fever of 104 and nothing anyone could do for him...thats tough when a little one is sick.

We're not going out til summer!!!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I've avoided the flu, which is a good thing. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, so I really, really don't want to get the flu this year. Dealing with some bug right now, but I don't think it's the flu, too minor.

Flu, Bug, Virus whatever it is it's been going around here. My mothers had it for about 6 weeks now and can't seem to shake it. She did get the flu shot. So far I've been lucky enough (knock on wood) to avoid it but most of my friends and family have gotten something in the last month. I've been washing my hands so much I'm starting to wonder if that alone is becoming a sickness I hope you all feel better soon.

ABW Ambassador
    Leader,

Ever hear of viral bacteria????

I had the flu last week
    it was horrible. I would sneeze and my entire body would ache. I am glad I am over it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob95603
    Leader,

Surely you jest~!

About 1/10 of the people here in Holland have flu so it indeed is all over the world. I was sick a week ago and had to stay in bed for a week
    www.perfect-jewelry-gifts.com

I got it Jan. 1st and some minor symptoms remain today. Our doctor said the flu shots given this year did not work for this bad boy. He has a special hotline setup in his office to handle all the calls. I've miss so much w*rk that catching up seems hopeless. The plus side is I lost 10 lbs.
    ~Ernie

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I managed to get it a few weeks ago, was down and out for a few days, funny how the house falls apart when Mom is sick... Gotten rid of most of it but still have a few days here and there where I know it's the bug still hanging on , not due to my old age and being tired..

I have something, but I don't think its flu. I didn't go to my mom's 85th birthday party yesterday so I wouldn't give it to her and my almost 90 year old dad.

Hated to miss the party, and I'm not very sick, but I couldn't take tha chance of giving it to them.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Just when I thought I was getting better, I wake up today with a cough and sore throat. Not as bad as when it started a month ago (high fever, pain everywhere, bed ridden etc). So there's lots of bugs going around, and I think I'm getting them all.

I hope everyone whose sick gets well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bob95603
    Leader,

Bob, I can assure you, there's no such thing. No, I am not a doctor, I'm a medical transcriptionist, so I do have a fair degree of familiarity with these things. Read up on the difference between viruses and bacteria - they are not the same thing by a long shot.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=AN00652

So far we have been lucky and not gotten the Flu - lol, knock on wood.

Hope everyone is feeling better!!!

Ebudae

Down here by Houston, Tx... nobody seemed to get the flu or anything through November and December... but it's been real bad around here this month. It seems alot of people have the flu or otherwise.

For one my daughter's mother(my ex) is in the hospital with pneumonia, and had to be put on a breathing machine, etc. We really have no idea how this is going to turn out right now. She has 3 kids, and the oldest(my girl) is 8. It's been hard on us.. I just tonite said a prayer with tears in my eyes with my lil girl, but I don't think she truly understands all this... if she does, she's holding up amazingly well.

So, take care of yourselves, folks... the reason she got so bad was she put off getting it taken care of when it first started, and now she's in a big mess... and may not make it out of this situation. She was real dehyrated, and infection is all in her body, with her immune system hardly fighting. She took care of the 3 kids, and forgot about herself in the meantime. Please don't do that, ladies!!!

So, don't put off visiting the doc if you start having real bad congestion... anyways, take care all...

Milton
    M.M. "Trey" Hocker III
    [url=http://www.build-a-home-bar.com]Build a Home Bar[/url]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread