Edelman eComXpo Presentation By Request
    Per Haiko's request, I am posting the presentation I gave at eComXpo today.

Those who have read my site and/or the relevant ABW forums won't find much that's new. But maybe it can be a helpful index or recap.

A note on presentation format: The eComXpo site offers slides with audio narration. I'm going to try something different -- putting my narration transcript in the "speakers notes" box (bottom right). Depending on your web browser's window size, you may have to scroll that box, or you may prefer to adjust frame height.

Note that the Q&A transcript follows my final prepared slide.

An Overview of Software Downloads: Spyware, Adware, Stealware & Thiefware

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Great presentation Ben.

Very detailed.

Guess you know which sites that link is going on, 3 different locations so if you ever change the location of the link let us know. Also my signature, if you don't mind. Needs as much as exposure as possible for present and future "quality afffiliate marketers".

What is a quality affiliate marketer? An affiliate, manager, network or company that is opposed to ParasiteWare™ and prefers to work with merchants, networks and others that are also opposed to ParasiteWare™.

Jorge

I'm sure it is lovely but I am looking at it with Netscape and can't tell a thing about it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

PowerPoint -> HTML
    SSanf, I used PowerPoint's default export command. I know it's an IE-only/mostly, though purportedly "standards compliant" nonetheless. Will run some further tests with other browsers and see if I can find a better export mode. IIRC, I really liked the way PowerPoint 97 does export to HTML -- so simple, so clean. Wish I still had a copy around!...

ABW Ambassador
    Great presentation - thanks!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Ben,

That was definately one of the best presentations yesterday. Don't know WHY you decided to do what you do - most people want to grow up to be firemen! - but thank God you made that choice!

Nice work Ben, thank you for posting the link.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Good presentation Ben and a I'm sure it ruffled some feathers other then Charlie's ...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ben,

On your presentation, you used a Dell popup as an example...

I THINK I was just offered something extremenly similar!!!

Someone just offered me "access to over 1.3mm pop-unders per day"

Billy, Want to email me more details about that offer you received? http://www.benedelman.org/mail . I will check out whatever software they're using, to see what they're doing and how.

I just PM'd you. Even the NAME of their company was scary!

1.3mm pop-unders
    Man, those are the tiniest pop-unders I've ever heard of.

And thanks Ben, for making your presentation available. I send people I know to your site, but they always come back to me like it was written in Chinese. I think pointing them to this presentation will help them understand better, as it presents information in a more simplified manner.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Thank you Haiko, Ben you have opened my eyes, I knew this was going on but never saw it visibly. I am now setting up an unused computer for test purposes. Merchants that allow these SWINE, Goodbye Bastards!
    Side Note: SSanf if you are serious about affiliate marketing at least have IE set up on your computer!

Internet Cowboy
    Thank you Ben.
    I can see why you are the subject of DOS attacks. I am sure your research bothers some. We can only hope that it does.
    Was it a big ol' coincidence that you had such an attack just days before this expo?
    I THINK NOT!!!
    Thanks for all you do.

Scott

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Sanf if you are serious about affiliate marketing at least have IE set up on your computer!

If you're serious about affiliate marketing and want to reduce the theft that's going on, you want to be convincing your site visitors to download and use Firefox!

A fence at the top of the cliff is far better than an ambulance at the bottom.

http://www.spreadfirefox.com

(Sorry for the thread hijack, Ben).

Gee, thanks for the pot shots, jerks!

FYI I DO have IE set up! It came with the computer! It comes with almost every ready made computer available at an affordable price if you haven't noticed such things, lately.

I just can't use it due to some parasitic appliction that I can't get rid of no matter how many removal programs, both free and paid for, that have been recommended here and that I tried. And, I don't have the knowledge to safely muck around with files inside my computer. Wouldn't know what to look for anyway.

Netscape works fine for most things and is a fast easy solution to the delima.

Gee, it must be great to be so smart and be able to make such insightful observations about other people like some folks. Must be wonderful to be able to make judgements about whether a person is serrious or not based on such a tid bit of information. Guess, I will never be as smart as all that.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Ssanf, my comment was directed at Ono, rather than you. I hope you don't think I was taking a potshot at you, because I wasn't.

You are to be appluaded for using Netscape.

Thanks for clearing that up Drewbert. I did indeed misunderstand.

Sorry.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread