More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    What is going on?
    I have a site with over 60% of its pages containing a CJ link.

Yesterdays stats:
    450 pages visited
    48 CJ Link Impressions

I am thinking I should see at least 200 page impressions? Are my ads getting blocked to that extent? If so is there anything I can do?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yesterdays server stats on just one of my sites:
    4123 page views on 1622 visitors.

99% of my links are network generated code with the 1x1 pixel impression code in place. The network impression totals mostly jive with page views taking in the normal Norton blanking ratio. The click through totals show less then half the normal CTR amount where merchants or networks employ data mining redirects. All indies show completely normal impressions and CTR.

I pick a few non-showcase merchants on CJ -BF and LS and click on their links to see if the clicks get recorded. Some do ...and some don't. Strange now that I pulled most all Tigerdirect links, due to their cancelling me Jan 11th for no cause, I get a CTR rate on less then 900 impressions of 2.6%. TD Conversion ratio jumps from 1/850 to 1/18 on 139 outdated obscure links. Yet newly replaced TD links with ComputerGeeks links now get 5000 daily impressions and a CTR reported at a measly 0.43%. That merchant does auto domain re-directs from www.compgeeks.com and www.computergeeks.com with no sure visible way of knowing how BF codes the affiliate link to set merchant cookies or report clicks. I just know I manually had to change many of the banner image coded links to go to www.geeks.com to even get them to display. I'm sure the underlying cookie setting code (not visible or decernable) still is trying to call the cookie set from a re-direct domain. I also made some of my own banner graphics with BF link coding as the Geeks selection was abismal and all standard sizing.

Another case of a brain dead merchant trying to save bandwidth product/banner image serving fees on multiple domains without factoring in the tracking implications of their miserly decession. Bringing it to their attention is fruitless as they now see they can dodge commission payouts if tracking is broken Result is no proper click total tracking, no setting cookies on old domain banner and text links (non- www.geeks.com) and 5000 daily impressions only showing 18-24 cookie clicks. Income from The Geeks is $1.08 for the last 30 days of high exposure displays. Worthless or priceless?

TD some how, on only 5-10 daily clicks turns off the blackhat play to pilfer EcomCity commissions, letting the real value add clicks go through showing my sites real computer products conversion ratio. The free traffic to TD would have earned 50.00 on those lousy 139 clicks. I should know after 35 years as a VAR. The most computer illiterate group is the very one selling the hardware & S/W. They all have to hire the expertise to even automate their offices and showrooms.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Yesterdays server stats on just one of my sites:
    4123 page views on 1622 visitors.

99% of my links are network generated code with the 1x1 pixel impression code in place. The network impression totals mostly jive with page views taking in the normal Norton blanking ratio. The click through totals show less then half the normal CTR amount where merchants or networks employ data mining redirects. All indies show completely normal impressions and CTR.
    Couple questions:

What is the normal Norton Blanking Ratio?
    What are data mining redirects?
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I hope that these problems are somehow related to getting a better tracking system. I'm sure CJ knows there is a problem with the new firewalls and spyblocker programs. I'm hoping for better things, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    What are data mining redirects?
    They roam the countryside in black helicopters at night, and hide underground in secret government browser-control centers by day.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Yet newly replaced TD links with ComputerGeeks links now get 5000 daily
    >impressions and a CTR reported at a measly 0.43%. That merchant does auto
    >domain re-directs from www.compgeeks.com and www.computergeeks.com with
    >no sure visible way of knowing how BF codes the affiliate link to set merchant
    >cookies or report clicks. I just know I manually had to change many of the banner
    >image coded links to go to www.geeks.com to even get them to display. I'm sure
    >the underlying cookie setting code (not visible or decernable) still is trying to call
    >the cookie set from a re-direct domain.

I tested one of your links and it goes from bfree straight to geeks.com with a cookie set with your code, expiring 30 days out.

Couldn't see any problems and no mention of the other domains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Yesterdays stats:
    450 pages visited
    48 CJ Link Impressions
    Excuse me if I'm wrong (I'm just waking up), but as I see it you got 450 pages visited in your own stats (Webalizer etc). In that case, if some of your visitors were search robots, they would pull your htmls, but not the tracking 1-pixel gif right away. That's why the difference.
    Unless you get that "450 pages visited" from cj somehow? (Oh i need to wake up)

I would expect the pages visited to far exceed visits if this were bots registering them. I am seeing a 3:1 ratio which I think is fairly normal for non-bot visitors. I don't think the stats reflect bot visits.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread