Need assistance with 500 error
    My ae.pl is not working on http://www.drawfluffy.com

I have uploaded the files with Ascii (several times) and I have set all the permissions. I continue to get this error:

[Sat Feb 19 09:05:46 2005] [error] [client 200.158.101.98] unable to include "/cgi-bin/ae.pl?ssi&type=search&mode=books&keyword=draw+manga&pagesize=10" in parsed file /home/drawfluf/public_html/mangabooks.shtml [Sat Feb 19 09:05:46 2005] [error] [client 200.158.101.98] Premature end of script headers: /home/drawfluf/public_html/cgi-bin/ae.pl [Sat Feb 19 09:05:37 2005] [error] [client 200.158.101.98] unable to include "/cgi-bin/ae.pl?ssi&type=search&mode=books&keyword=draw+manga&pagesize=10" in parsed file /home/drawfluf/public_html/mangabooks.shtml [Sat Feb 19 09:05:37 2005] [error]

Any suggestions? I was sure this was working when I first installed it...

Thanks,
    Jonni

When do you get the error?

Whenever I have gotten a "500" error it has usually been due to my not CHMOD'ing something correctly.
    Richard E. Ward
    [url]www.richardeward.com[/url] [url]www.itjobcoach.com[/url]

Hi Richard,

I do believe I set the chmod's as instructed. I've installed the script on all my other sites, and I've somehow got it to work.

The 500 error comes when you test http://www.drawfluffy.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl

Thanks

By any chance did you create a sub-directory such as cgi-bin/ae?

I know not everyone forgets things like I do but I thought I would ask.
    Richard E. Ward

I just stuck all the files in my cgi-bin, like I did on the other sites. It works everywhere else....

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Richard E. Ward

I'm sure you've been here but here it is just in case...

1. Download the .zip file again and unpack it again to your Windows PC. Then try re-uploading the ae.pl file using ASCII transfer mode. (You might want to try re-uploading all the files in ASCII mode.)

If you are using the FTP program called WS_FTP, click the "ASCII" button at the bottom of the screen. If you are using the FTP program called CuteFTP, select ASCII from the "Transfer > Transfer Type" menu (CuteFTP Pro automatically selects ASCII mode for .pl files).

2. Check the first line of the ae.pl file and verify that it indicates the full filename of the perl program. If you don't know which directory the perl program is located in on the webserver, ask your webserver administrator.

3. Check that the file has all execute permissions set. Use the CHMOD command in your FTP program, or use the "chmod" command of the Linux/unix shell prompt (e.g.: "chmod ugo+x ae.pl").

If you are using the WS_FTP FTP program from Ipswitch, right-click on the ae.pl file in the server window and select CHMOD from the pop-up menu that appears.

4. If you unpacked the file via your servers shell prompt (e.g.: unzip, or gzip | tar), then make sure that the owner and group are set correctly for all the unpacked files. Try unpacking on your Windows PC and then upload the unpacked files using FTP.

5. Note: Associate Engine v2.12.28 has a bug that causes this error if the "redir" configuration variable is set to "yes". Set "redir" to "no" or upgrade to a newer version (e.g.: v3.06.27 or even higher).

6. View your webserver's error_log file. Typically, the webserver writes more information about the error to that log file compared to what is displayed on the screen to the user. If you don't have access to your webserver's log file, then ask your ISP to look at it or to email it to you.

7. Try the test.pl script to make sure that Associate Engine can run on your webserver.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

The above are from http://www.c3scripts.com/amazon/docs14.html#500

Concentrate on getting the URL http://www.drawfluffy.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl to work in your web browser. Once it works, then the <!--#include...--> will work.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread