ABW Ambassador
    Performics gets bought by DoubleDip, and reported sales immediately decline
    Performics, in my opinion, was the best at accurately and timely reporting sales.

Upon DoubleDip buying the outfit, sales reporting is about as inaccurate as Commission Suction.

There are merchants who have since left Performics who I never thought would. Was it their affiliates who kept complaining that reporting is not accurate since the buyout?

I didn't want to come out and paint the picture that affiliate networks could be subseptible to greed and dishonesty. To some of you just starting out, that's like telling you that there's really not a Santa Claus.

I petition you to communicate with your merchant partners if you suspect reporting is not accurate. Or if a merchant solicits you to join them, but you have doubts because you think the affiliate network they are working through is not accurate in reporting, talk about that with them.

It is my view that most merchants want sales to be accurately reported. They want to see their affiliates make money. They realize that motivates their affiliates to go to the "get links" section and try to drive more traffic, and produce more sales.

There is no Santa Claus and I think ALL merchants should run their own, INDEPENDENT, affiliate program . . . even alongside a network. I think the only reason a merchant signs onto a network in the first place is for the aff pool. With their own program, that sure would make any merchants that are thieving stand out in the networks.

While I have seen a sales decline at Performics, I have to wonder what benefit does lower reported sales have for Performics? Lower sales equals lower $ for them. It would seem that reporting sales would be a benefit for them?
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

ABW Ambassador
    Don't see any problems. Overall this year converting at over 5% with the usual converting merchants, converting.

ABW Ambassador
    Lower sales equals lower $ for them. It would seem that reporting sales would be a benefit for them?
    Even when Performics was the most accurate of any network out there, lots of affiliates viewed them as mediocre at best. I've been around the forums for enough years to know that, and I'm sure DoubleDip has as well.

Alot of that had to do with the limited types of merchants at Performics, many of them primarily selling products such as clothing ...of which you just can't promote on many types of sites with great success. If you had lots of knowledge and experience with such products, the conversions were great, and you knew that Performics reporting was superior than for those same merchants, or closely related merchants through other networks.

It is my view that DoubleDip came in with the realization that most affiliates expect a mediocre at best experience with Performics, even when superior reporting/tracking is provided, and that they came in with the same kind of ethics of some other networks, who skim sales from affiliates, redirecting the credit/commissions to their own accounts, or parasitic relationships.

It's simply more money, lots of it. It's simply greed.

What Trust said.

Fred

I can't argue that, for me, sales are down. Some of that is explained by a few of my merchants leaving Performics.

Another recent issue is their reporting doesn't appear right to me, since the upgrade, the 22nd's reporting is messed up, though I think they are working on it now. When I looked late last night, and then again this morning, I had many fewer sales this morning.

I occasionally do test purchases and they have ALL showed up. Though I keep my system clean from all the parasites that are out there.

I think many people underestimate the amount of people who have parasites installed on their PC's. Where I work, when I'm working on their PC's, I check to see if they have any parasites installed, and the large majority of people have some of the parasites installed on their PC's, and not one of them thus far had any idea what they are, or how they got installed on their PC's.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread