Programs for consumables with short term vs lifetime cookies?
    I've been looking around for a program selling something that is a consumable, that many people will keep coming back to buy more of - lets just say vitamins for example.

If someone buys some vitamin E from my site what's to keep them from just going straight to the merchant the next time? Obviously this could happen with nearly any type of product, but when it is something that people will most likely buy more of it concerns me. Even more so when the products are not too expensive, so that the money the merchant makes from return customers is a lot more than just that first sale that I send them.

A longer cookie or having the customer for life would be the ideal solution in this case, rather than say, a 30 day cookie. Finding a merchant that offers this isn't easy though.

Does anyone else think this is an issue? Would it influence your decision to promote one merchant over another one? What if one potentially had parasitic affiliates but you got the customers sales for life? Or paid a lower commission?

ABW Ambassador
    "If someone buys some vitamin E from my site what's to keep them from just going straight to the merchant the next time? "

Coupons

coupons - I never thought of that! I guess I need to make sure the merchant I'm considering has coupons! Thanks!

Anyone else with thoughts about short cookies versus having the customer for life? Am I worrying too much?

I must be worrying too much! No one else has even had a comment to make about it!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread