Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unhappy CJ is down and doesn't want to admit it!
    I have been with CJ for over 3 years now but this is the worst month ever. It looks like way then, when I started. Within the last few days I sent numerous emails and I called 3-4 times a day (Although from Italy) to see what is going on. Every time I got the same answer: " Everything is fine and tracking is working".
    Last time I called they had some kind of event. Perhaps someone's Bday or maybe they had the best month ever. (Of course... with our hard earned money that was never paid to us I wouldn't be surprised)
    Do these people really care? Seems to me they don't. And this is the reason why I am starting to think that CJ is screwing all of us because they still get paid and perhaps take our cut as well!
    My traffic is the same or even better then last month but the commissions are 50 to 60% down. Until today I thought I am doing something wrong but I am glad I found this forum just to see I am not alone.

I guess I should just get a good glass of Chianti g and start working on a resume. Anybody hiring?

Hi Voloda

You don't need to work on your resume. There are Tons more
    options other than CJ.

I've been with CJ since early 1999 -- This Is the Worst month.
    Something definitely is wrong, but they must have a
    Non-disclosure agreement going with all employees.

I think they have a recording they play to anyone that will listen ...

"tracking is not affected"
    "everything is fine"
    "this is our Best sales month ever"

Oh well, I have to get back to finding replacements.

This has been the worst month for me too, except that things have improved drastically yesterday and today. Sure makes me wonder what's been going on up until now.

Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    We've been having a great year with CJ as a merchant, with sales way up on last year. But they do admit to slow reporting - let's hope they catch up soon. CJ may have its faults, but we're looking forward to a fantastic 2005 thanks to our CJ affiliates.

Rob Palmer
    Freelance Work Exchange
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

My guess is that these sales and leads are stuck in their system somewhere and within the next few days we will all see them get into the main members.cj.com system. Sorry, just an optimist.

ABW Ambassador
    They said reporting is delayed, tracking is not affected. If that is true than we had better be seeing a surge of sales for those days pretty soon.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Makes me wonder if I am the lucky one? Sales are steady and have been for the last month.. Maybe if I got off my lazy butt and made a ton more pages my CJ account would go up, but other than a few hour reporting delay things are fine for me...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdoit
    Makes me wonder if I am the lucky one? Sales are steady and have been for the last month.. Maybe if I got off my lazy butt and made a ton more pages my CJ account would go up, but other than a few hour reporting delay things are fine for me...
    We must be on the same server. My sales have been great this month and today the reporting was just fine. All my sales were reported within 1 to 2 1/2 hours. Most within the one hour range which is normal.

All my sales were reported within 1 to 2 1/2 hours
    How exactly do you know that ALL your sales were reported correctly? Just going on averages or some type of internal tracking before they hit the CJ server?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mhutch
    How exactly do you know that ALL your sales were reported correctly? Just going on averages or some type of internal tracking before they hit the CJ server?
    Normal lag time is 1 to 1 1/2 hours. So when sales occur with that interval then things are considered normal at cj.

Thanks. Your comment about the same server might be more true than we all might think. Have a good one!

I know what I'm about to say isn't going to sit well with everyone, but this go home for the weekend attitude when there are problems like this is getting very old. I can't imagine be able to take the weekend off when there were problems with my business. I guess big business in the U.S. doesn't feel the same way. BTW, same info message on CJ that was posted on Friday before close of business. Might be that no one is home at CJ. This attitude with public companies here in the USA has got to change. IMO.

well, my worst month was last month. sales and traffic seem to be normal at my end.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Angry
    I've made minimum payout level,within the first week for CJ since 1998. Here it is the 3rd week in February and I've only earned 18.91 at CJ since January 1st. I've never gotten a drop in Google traffic and even added some new CJ merchants. Used to be they'd just throw a freebee sale at you for putting up some links within the first few clicks just to bait you. Not anymore. Of course the Sky might just be falling in only my own backyard.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    It's my worst month with CJ in 8 years. I'll like to blame them for my poor performance but it's too easy. Yes, they have delayed reporting but the transactions still show up. Sales are tracked. The problem is somewhere else. Either our sales are intercepted before they can they be recorded by CJ, or our cookies are erased or our links don't show up, or our traffic is redirected, or our SE positioning is dropping...
    I'm still doing great with my indies, same level of sales for the same traffic, LS is down too, but not as much as CJ.
    There's more and more parasites, so many they are overwriting their own cookies and have a hard time to expand their reach, the cookie stuffers and spammers are still there, Norton or others are on every machine, Search Engines are kicking out the sites with network related content. If I compare my indies results with the network performance I'll say 30 to 40% of our income is wiped out if we use PF, LS or CJ links. I can accept 10% as a cost of doing business, 40% is more like war damage.

all my sales seem to be posting the day after. CJ feels like linkshare.

ABW Ambassador
    I have HUGE gaps in my reporting. I normaly see about 10 or 15 sales between 20:00PST and 23:59PST. The last week has had a few days 'on' durring these times with normal sales and the other days are completely dry - not a single sale. I can see sales fluxing between days, perhaps even by 50% but completely dry?

The least they could do is communicate what is going on. How do they stay in business if this is how they treat affiliates?

i agree...if the problem is not "them"...then why not keep the affiliates informed? there is NO excuse for that...

I just talked to "client services" at CJ and was told that the reporting is only delayed by 2 1/2 hours and that they haven't changed the note about delays because there aren't any major delays.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    I've made minimum payout level,within the first week for CJ since 1998. Here it is the 3rd week in February and I've only earned 18.91 at CJ since January 1st.
    Ouch! The last time I didn't make minimum payout in a month was August 2001. If I don't make between 2x and 6x minimum payout in a day, then something is very wrong. Yesterday $150. But on February 15 ... $34.93, and then on February 16 ... only $11.25. Now those are very low days for me. Something is not adding up here.

Fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by hershey
    I just talked to "client services" at CJ and was told that the reporting is only delayed by 2 1/2 hours and that they haven't changed the note about delays because there aren't any major delays.
    I just had my first sale of the day post - I can see an almost 4 hour discrepancy and I just picked the sale up a few minutes ago

Event 21-Feb-2005 07:31 PST - Posting Date 21-Feb-2005 11:05 PST

Don't know when it actually came in but I have been checking the account OFTEN - like every few minutes.

I see Todd in here. Maybe he can answer some of our questions. I see sales for today coming in, but from the 17th, when the "delay" note went up, to yesterday, revenue on our normal traffic dropped 70%-80%. Will we ever see those sales?

ABW Ambassador
    CJ main page:
    Advice
    Diversify and Thrive!
    I guess they are trying to make us take their advice seriously!

My last transaction had a delay of 5 hours:
    21-Feb-2005 08:22 PST 21-Feb-2005 13:18 PST
    For me tracking seems to work though, as the number of sales is quite good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast