I need ebook advice
    I have an ebook ready. It's not a get rich on the net book. It is a how-to concerning a very popular liesure time activity. I hear all the stories about people making lots of money selling ebooks. Cruising forums and websites indicates a healthy demand for the information. Other books on the subject exist in clickbank and elsewhere. They are priced in the $10 to $20 range.

The book will include links to some of my sites. I could give the book away free as a means to drive traffic or I could sell it. What do my fellow ABWebbers advise? If I put it in clickbank hopefully I would get a few affiliates listing it. But if I give it away free, I'm on my own to get it noticed.

Any advice?

Red face
    It depends on what your other sites are that you would be linking to. If they convert well and draw a fair amount of revenue, then I would go with giving it away for free.

On the other hand, I have made a lot of money selling ebooks through clickbank and would recommend them for most products.

However, there are draw-backs to cb. If you do get affiliates to link to your product/site, you have no (provided) method of tracking them or finding out who they are. So in a way, you are on your own even though you have affiliates. Does that make sense?

I need your advice, Raywood. We sell travel guides and do the whole thing manually. I need to get them uploaded so they can be downloaded by customers. What software did you use to create your ebook?

Still undecided about ebook
    Thanks, Deannakey. I'm building a new site and the book simultaneously. I used to print the book (only about 80 pages) and give it friends, because they pestered me with so many questions. Now I've decided to make it into an ebook and build a website to promote related products. I expect conversions and revenue to be quite good from what I have learned from others here on the board who promote similar products, but I have no track record to help me decide.

I didn't know that you don't get affiliate tracking info from CB. That changes the picture a little. I still have some thinking and plannung to do I guess.

Hershey, ok here is advice from somebody who has never done it before. I used Microsoft Word to write and compose the book. Then I used the free version of a utility called pdf995 to convert it to pdf format. My opinion is that pdf is the best way to go.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread