Thumbs up Our Best Month Ever on CJ!
    Well, I was the one who complained many times in the past about the CJ scripts not registering the affiliate statistics properly. However, I have now concluded that everything is OK, for us, with CJ for several months in a row. I only notice some delaying in reporting. This February is our best month ever. We have a 3 month EPC of $6.80 and a 7 day EPC of $58.00.
    Good luck to everyone experiencing difficulties with CJ.

huhu

Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation.

Good to hear!! Are you using any encrypted links?

Thanks
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats, i was just checking, looks like i'll do 4x this Feb. vs. last Feb. I think the CJ employees took a long weekend (prez day) probably why this
    CJ Account Manager Experiencing Delays [Updated: Feb 17, 2005 11:42 AM PST]
    is still up there.

Glad to hear you guys are having success. I'm one of the others that's been stiffed lately, looks like I'll have a month on CJ that won't even pay the rent -- fortunately I don't have all my eggs in the CJ basket. Specifics are 3 month EPC of $20 down to a 7 day EPC of $12. Is it seasonal, problems with CJ, click fraud, problems with my merchants or customers that are just browsing? Who knows?

Sorry to moan a bit on your success thread but I haven't *****ed for a while and I've had over 100 clicks so far with no sales so there :P

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Congrats!
    Excellent to hear you're doing so well Oscar! And I thougth we were alone on this crusade!

Rugman has been doing better than ever before this past month as well.... could this be an industry trend???? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us...

Smile
    suzigeek,

All our CJ links are encrypted.
    Thanks!

huhu

Hey huhu,

I am really glad to hear it! I remember all the old posts, GOOD for you!

Continued Success,
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    However, I have now concluded that everything is OK, for us, with CJ for several months in a row. I only notice some delaying in reporting. This February is our best month ever.
    The perception of CJ's tracking accuracy is always directly related to the size of the direct deposit!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Smile
    "The perception of CJ's tracking accuracy is always directly related to the size of the direct deposit!"

Thank you, Leader. It is rather naive of you to actually imply that as long as we make good money from CJ we don't have any problem with their scripts. Let me add the following: YOUR perception of odd behaviors of CJ reporting, and, subsequently, your statement above, is also directly related to the amount of direct deposit in YOUR account.

huhu

Thanks for sharing everyone! I appreciate you taking the time to post something positive.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    The perception of CJ's tracking accuracy is always directly related to the size of the direct deposit!
    I agree with Leader. Perception does relate to the amount of your check. In my case, I have every reason to trust CJ.

Unfortunately, we do experience having our own purchases not being tracked. And that, my friend, is not mere perception. So I subscribe to the thinking that what we are receiving is only a fraction of what's due us.

Really, Waytogo? You mean that a Ph.D. in mathematics and teaching of mathematics and statistics for many years, at the university level, implies that the perception of statistics on CJ depends on my bank account welfare? Great logic! Where did you study it?

huhu

Calm down Huhu
    Guess the best comission month ever and a superior intellect hasn't made you any less defensive and insecure.

ABW Ambassador
    huhu

perception and reality are two different things.

when your check is big, there is that perception that everything is working fine.

but when you make a purchase and it is not reported, then reality hits home.

Thanks for the positive post huhu. This is definitely encouraging

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

15 years and counting
    I'm not thrilled by these worst or best months at CJ. It doesn't mean too much because we can't compare and it's very subjective. If I'm looking at my own stats spread on many websites, I can say what I want.
    For some sites, I've wonderful results with CJ growing every months for several months. On others, it's catastrophic. There's too many parameters to make a definitive judgment.
    Regarding "The perception of CJ's tracking accuracy is always directly related to the size of the direct deposit!" I'll say we're going to be much more offensive if we're not doing good but it's also very subjective. Some people are hard to please and I know I'm one of them. I remember one old poster, gone to start he's own consulting business, he was always happy thinking he was doing great. I never had the courage to tell him what I was thinking just to keep him positive.
    One thing is sure the landscape is changing. We're facing major challenges but I don't think CJ tracking is one of them, at least at the technical level. They have made progress, it can't be perfect and some sales are not tracked because of technical issues. We're never going to get 100% accuracy, but they are becoming better.
    I'm much more worried about what's going on around the networks, growing fraud, SERPs spamming, SE's algo changes, parasiteware increasing reach... Each month, a larger share of our earnings is distributed to the wrong affiliates by the networks and they are doing nothing. I'll like to see a graph showing the trend in commission earning between "technology" and regular affiliates. Is it too much to ask, Todd?

ABW Ambassador
    The best way to ensure tracking is to do test purchases independently on our own. Take down the full details of those sales that do not track.

If it is a technical issue, I'm sure CJ's tech team would find all these details handy. We could post the non tracking cases here at abestweb for all the technical experts here to brainstorm and help cj find solutions to improve their tracking. It would also help highlight which merchants have problems with tracking and help them rectify the problem if they are serious about affiliate marketing.

Programmer's testing cannot catch all the errors. A lot of bugs are caught after a system is live by the actual users of that system.

A system of checks is needed here. Posting on a public forum brings all the problems out in the open so that solutions can be found.

15 years and counting
    womanht - The best way to ensure tracking is to do test purchases independently on our own. Take down the full details of those sales that do not track.
    I do a test purchase each time I'm working with a new merchant. I'm also buying quite often from by own links and I never had a sale not tracked. I've several PCs, some are dirty with downloaded applications but I keep at least one squeaky clean for my purchases.
    A few years ago CJ was near real time, I saw transactions coming in less than a minute after my purchase. Now, we have the feeling it doesn't work because we have to wait several hours or days if the merchant batchs the transactions. I'm still waiting for my first buy to don't show up. A few friends told me they bought something from my links, for some all was fine for others I've not never seen the transactions. The merchant sent the merchandise. It's not enough to accuse CJ, I was not behind them.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread