Any luck with iTunes
    I was hoping that with all of the buzz around iTunes that it would be a good merchant to show on my sites.

So far.... nothing.

90 Days - 26,764 impressions; 2,257 clicks; 0 orders

My demo is strongest at 18-24, but goes up to 35.
    I have at least 6 sites showing their links

I'm just very disappointed and wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's just not performing well overall.

If you are having success, I'm not asking for your secrets, just wanting to know if I should throw in the towel or keep tweaking it.

Thanks,
    Sheri

You should check their cookie duration, I may be mistaken but I believe it is only one day. I dropped them quite a while back because of no commissions whatsoever. I've had a little better luck with Real Rhapsody at B.F.

None here as well. I have had them up since November. I have had clicks but no sales.

I am going to give them another month or so and then I will pull them.

Hopped on the Hype Wagon Too Soon
    Geez. At least I know that I'm not the only one. Although, that doesn't offer much help in the way of revenue. I e-mailed iTunes to clarify their program.

It states that it's 5% per session, with a session being defined as a 24 hour period. Doesn't say if you get credit for returning "sessions" though. I asked them to clarify if that was essentially a 24 cookie and then no credit would be given after that.

If that is really the case, then I may have to look elsewhere. I've been showing them too long and getting too many clicks to have come away with nothing.

Although, I really haven't seen much from ANY Linkshare merchants, so I guess I'm not too surprised.

Thanks for your input.

Sheri

ABW Ambassador
    There is simply no way for offers like iTunes to compete without a published EPC.

For the legitimacy of the program, I bought a song and got a nickel credited to my account. I expect I will never actually see this nickel aggregated on a check. iTunes will languish on LS for a year or so while web master after web master realize that terms are rigged against affiliates. iTunes will then switch to a different network to repeat the rinse cycle.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread