The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Unresponsive Merchant of the Week - International Star Registry
    ISR owed me $223.95 for December sales... Linkshare was showing still waiting payment.

I email ISR with "when will we get paid" - NO RESPONSE

Email again - NO RESPONSE

I email Linkshare asking "can they help me get a response from ISR". Assuming they forwarded my request - NO RESPONSE

So I file a BBB complaint asking THEM to help me get a response.

Rather then getting what I asked for - a simple response to a simple email - they seem to blame Linkshare for everything:

On February 23, 2005, the business stated the following:
    To Whom it May Concern:

I believe the program that [Billy Kay] is referring to is a internet link-sharing affiliate program calle LINKSHARE. The customer is required to sign up with linkshare and put special code into their website that tracks any completed sale, and issues credit (in this case 15% of any star kit sold). ISR then receives a statement from Linkshare every month as to who we have to pay (Linkshare is responsible for ALL tracking of each sale) ISR then pays our affiliates and reports back to Linkshare that the alliliates are paid. ISR's agreement with Linkshare stipulates that every affiliate that earns more than $100 in commissions will be paid, otherwise the commisiion amount will carry over to the next month until the affiliate reaches $100. If ISR does not pay within 45 days, ISr can be dropped from the program. Furthermore, ISR is paid up to date, and this information can be verified by contacting Linkshare. I have included their contact information below.

1 888 SHARE 89
    (1 888 742 7389)
    New York Office
    215 Park Avenue South
    8th Floor
    New York, NY 10003

[Billy Kay] has not given me enough information to do any investigation on my end. I suggest that [Billy Kay] contact Linkshare directly to investigate. I cannot, nor will not pay any amount just because someone says ISR owes them without proof. Linkshare and ISR have been in a partnership for 5 years and have not had any situation like this, so I suspect there may be a technical issue in the reporting between [Billy Kay]'s website and Linkshare. Should [Billy Kay] get with Linkshare and Linkshare reports to ISR that there are monies due, ISR will pay immediately. However, unless Linkshare reports this to ISR, there will be no payments as there is no proof of services that require payment.

So... Dear Linkshare,
    Per ISR's official response to BBB, can you help me get a response from this merchant? Here's a copy of the email I already sent you:

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: [Fwd: Linkshare Payments]
    Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 05:15:27 -0800
    To: contact@linkshare.com
    References: <xxx>

Can you help us get a response from this unresponsive merchant?

[Billy Kay] wrote:

> still waiting reply
    >
    > -------- Original Message --------
    > Subject: Linkshare Payments
    > Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:53:14 -0800
    > From: [Billy Kay]
    > To: mike@email.starregistry.com
    >
    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > When will you be sending December 2004 commission checks?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Someone please apply pressure to the bleeder....
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Since they STILL don't respond, I appealed the Better Business Bureau complaint. They responded it's not their job to respond to affiliates - only Linkshare:

On March 03, 2005, the business stated the following:
    To date, I have receive NO correspondence from Linkshare - not in writing, nor email, nor phone call. Again, I am up-to-date with all payments that Linkshare has reported to me. Unless [Billy Kay] either gives me enough info to investigate (website name/linkshare acct number) I cannot do anything on my end. I state again for [Billy Kay] to contact Linkshare and have Linkshare contact me on this matter. It does NO GOOD to keep asking for a response. My first response outlined exactly what steps [Billy Kay] needs to do to rectify this. If [Billy Kay] does not contact Linkshare, I cannot do anything further. Unless Linkshare states that I owe this commission, I will not pay. The program under Linkshare works for the other 12,000 affiliates I have, and it should work for [Billy Kay] if their website is configured correctly. The contact info for Linkshare is in the prior response, or you can go to www.linkshare.com to contact them. They will get ahold of me should there be any issues.

Stunned, I say, stunned am I that Linkshare has not handled this one well. No experience with ISR. As for LS, well, as Hunter S. Thompson was fond of saying, "The Things Speaks For Itself."

I responded this afternoon to the BBB with:

This business is misguided to say the least. I asked for the BBB's help in getting a RESPONSE from this company. His response seems to be he doesn't respond. That I should contact some other company in NYC to get a response from him. To quote him: "It does NO GOOD to keep asking for a response." That's now obvious!

I also contacted Linkshare a 2nd time asking for help getting a response - we'll see

They responded it's not their job to respond to affiliates - only Linkshare:
    Now here's a really educated affiliate manager <cough>. This one really deserves the dumb a$$ of the year award!

Best-o-luck Billy
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread