Exclamation Gamefest Affiliate News- Please Read!
    Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of Adam Hill of Gamefest.

Dear Gamefest Affiliates,

Due to the high cost of operating the Gamefest.com affiliate program, we have been forced to shut it down. We sincerely appreciate the effort of all of our active affiliates, and wish you all the best.

Thanks,

Adam Hill

President, Gamefest.com

I'm guessing Trusty will chime in on this, but what the heck exactly is the "high cost" of running the program? Are their costs any higher than any other small, yet successful, affiliate programs? Are their margins so thin that they can't afford a small percentage for affiliates and the overhead associated with it? On the surface, this sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to some disappointing revenue numbers.

ABW Ambassador
    That sucks, i liked the program. Was an email sent out yet? I'm not seeing one.

like always.. thet're saying they were paying too much to have the program run outside of the company...

Wonder way they'd say that???

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Two simple words...

Change networks.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Two simple words...

Change networks.
    Nature Boy: Yeah, I wonder how their cost structure would change if they were with, say, Shareasale.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    We had suggested various options back when we were managing the program but they didn't want to make any changes coming into Q4.

They have been alerted to this thread and have asked me for the SAS contact info again

We will see what happens....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I will never understand why programs that are close on the budget go with the expensive networks when SAS does the same job, better, for so much less. And, truth be known, even though the other networks have a larger number of affiliates signed up, all the affiliates who do this serriously know of and check SAS for good programs. SAS has fewer Moms and Pops who just slap up a banner and hope for the best. The SAS affiliates are in it to get the job done.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I will never understand why programs that are close on the budget go with the expensive networks when SAS does the same job, better, for so much less. And, truth be known, even though the other networks have a larger number of affiliates signed up, all the affiliates who do this serriously know of and check SAS for good programs. SAS has fewer Moms and Pops who just slap up a banner and hope for the best. The SAS affiliates are in it to get the job done.
    Ssanf:

I think SaS is particularly good for programs that use someone like Andy who can manage the program's minute details.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread