How do I go about setting up a data feed at any of my sites? I am fairly fluent with HTML, and have some basic knowledge about CGIs and PHPs. But, beyond that, I am totally lost.

For instance, Zzounds offers a data feed for me, which I have downloaded. But I have absolutely no idea how to get it to work.

All help is appreciated.

Davey

Animal Lover
    I use mysql/php to manage my feeds. Others use perl. You require some programming skills to utilize a feed. Otherwise you need to go down the path of webmerge or get a canned script from cditty (I think that's who offers them I can't be sure).

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Thanks oscar. I'll look into that. This might be a bit over my head, but I'll give it my best shot.

Ozzieland huh? Is that Ozzie and Harriett, or the Wizard of Oz?

Not trying to sell anything, but here's a small site I recently created about the Wizard of Oz. It's not completely finished, and, once again, I'm not trying to sell anything in this forum.

http://wizardofoz.aqga.com/

Thanks for the reply,
    Davey

The first time I downloaded a datafeed, I just looked at it and thought what the “H” am I supposed to do with this. The first book I read to help make sense of it was “PHP and MySQL Web Development”. I’d suggest picking up a copy. I’ve bought a few other books on the subject, but it seems to be the best. If you’re feeling intrepid, take a look at php.net and mysql.org. There both great reference sites, but I wouldn’t try to learn from them.

Thanks NewcastleB.

That wouldn't be NewCastleBrown, as in the old Humble Pie song now, would it?

I downloaded WebMerge, as oscar suggested. I'll give it a try.

I can manipulate certain CGI and PHP scripts to get them to work. I certainly cannot write them though.

If you're interested in old classic rock music, I have a site set up just for that. Pretty boring looking site. But, I think it's to the point.

http://friedgreenmusic.com/

Thanks a ton for the reply,
    Davey

Davey...

I too, am from Georgia, USA that is, not Russia...

More specifically, from the home of the worlds most famous
    duck... more commonly know as AFLAC!...
    what part are you from...?

On the one hand, that last link comes dangerously close
    to spamming since it is completely composed of affiliate links...

On the other hand... I followed the links and I'm now working
    on new pages as an affiliate of that CD merchant... so...
    I guess you did me a favor... I've been looking for a good
    merchant that does exactly what they do... so all I have to say is...

Thanks for the merchant...

Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Oh.. by the way...
    Welcome to ABW...
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Welcome to ABW...

your question is the most asked question in this forum....

Do I search... you'll find your answer... many of us have responded to this question many times...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:
    I use mysql/php to manage my feeds. Others use perl. You require some programming skills to utilize a feed. Otherwise you need to go down the path of webmerge or get a canned script from cditty (I think that's who offers them I can't be sure).

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I searched for cditty in Google. Nothing came up. what is cditty?

I am CDtity. You didn't find anything in google about me? Strange. I just searched and found 15 pages worth. Some about me and others DEFINATELY not about me.

Anyhow, oscar is talking about my site. http://www.recycledtalent.com/

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do say somebody need to know programming, PHP, Mysql, Sql, ASP or any other programmming?
    Doesn't blogger make it simple without programming? I heard all that is needed in blogger is to upload the feed. No programming knowledge or nothing.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread