How to track vacation rental referrals?
    I've had an idea to do a site for a vacation spot. The only really good money to come from it would be to make it a referral site for vacation rentals. The problem is, when the rental places don't have an affiliate program, and at most they would simply have a web site, what might be an "automated" way to keep up with the referrals? Any suggestions?

Have you thought about selling the leads to the property owners? Essentially you could set up your own inquiry system and only include properties interested in the leads you generate. You then charge property owners per lead you refer their way.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea what kind of fee is charged for this type of thing? How could the rental owners be sure the leads were legit? Would they just have to trust me?

There is a company called Blizzard Internet that works exclusively with the vacation rental property managers. You might check them out.

Thanks Melmo.

I can sell vacation rentals in florida. I have around 50 houses available and more to come if needed. None of this is currently available online but I'd consider setting it up if someone wanted to sell for me.

I'd imagine the leads would be worth quite a bit if they helped owners fill unbooked days. You would need to clean bogus leads before sending them on, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be worth $10-$20 each (uninformed guess).

You could also offer to only send leads for days they have available, and give the owners an admin system to update availability. That puts the burden on the property owners to make sure they're only paying for leads they want.

Hmm... Now I'm thinking about running with the idea... Heyder, I'll let you know.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Heyder;
    Do you have anything located around Pensacola, Destin, Sarasota, or Siesta key?
    Ken

I'll get back to you on that. I know for sure there are a number available near Orlando that I have access to and I'm sure there has to be many more available in other areas. It's been over a year since I've spoken with the guy that brokers them in my area. I'll give him a call and ask.

The earnings would probably come in the form of a commission rather than leads but I suppose he could go either way with it.

Ken, Thanks for the P.M I didn't know anyone was watching this thread.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread