Internet Cowboy
    Everyone is losing at CJ
    I just checked my reports. My transaction report, my performance report and quick stats are all completely off.
    Performance reports show more money than transaction reports, quick stats (as usual) is far behind both of them.
    The part that has me worried is that my total atop the page is no longer being updated.
    I just got off the phone with CJ and heard nothing but "I don't know" and "I think" and other statements that any thrid-grader could have offerred, but they refuse to escalate the issue. I was offerred an opportunity to leave a voice mail on some supervisor's phone.
    Even though the person I spoke with admitted that he had NEVER seen this happen before, he automatically blamed it on the reporting problem and refused to even open a ticket on my call.
    CJ is scrambling so badly in an effort to fix their reporting issues, they are not even taking reports of more serious instances seriously.

Two weeks deep in reporting issues and no fix yet.

They are now in the boat with Linkshare IMO.

I've set my Overture budget to $0.00 daily because I feel it was absolutely necessary to do so. At least one of CJ's clients is missing out on tens of thousands of dollars daily if several of their other affiliates felt it necessary to do the same.

We all lose.

I only use a couple of CJ program left from days gone past. But, this is the first time since I can remember that I will not get a check from CJ.

Sure doesn't encourage me to put any additional CJ merchants up, that's for sure.

Heck, I don't even KNOW how to make new CJ links at this point and have no clue how to use the product catalog which I suppose means you put up every link by hand.

I am curious about that though. What are you supposed to do with the merchant who says they have the whole product catalog up? Just pick and choose products and make the links by hand? If that is the case, CJ merchants will see the sunny side of the devils hind end before I bother with them.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What are you supposed to do with the merchant who says they have the whole product catalog up?
    Put their feed up! Everything in the product catalog is in the CJ Feed.

"Just pick and choose products and make the links by hand?"

You can do that, too.

"If that is the case, CJ merchants will see the sunny side of the devils hind end before I bother with them."

Gee, that's about when *I'd* put up products by hand, too! There has to be some particular product that's really special, special enough to highlight above the rest of the products, for me to bother pulling it out manually.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Well, I use so few CJ merchants that I don't get the free feeds and if it weren't for the 60 or so feeds I have on hand and the ones I still can get from merchants, who value me enough to provide them, I might be ready to buy a CJ feed. As it is, when I run out of work on the feeds I have and can freely get, I will consider buying them fom CJ.

Thanks for the answer, though. The two merchants at CJ who I asked for a feed refered me to the product catalog they have there. I thought I might be missing how to use it or something. As far as I can tell, it is about as useful as snot on a doorknob.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

the product catalog sure isn't intuitive, but I have to use it every day.

not that hard; click on a link and copy it to your site.

however, finding out what is in that catalog can take forever and a day of searching on trial keywords if there are over 1000 items in it.

click on a link and copy it to your site.
    You're kidding, right? I stopped fooling with making links one at a time several years ago.

Try that with a merchant who has 30,000 products and you will get the picture soon enough.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As far as I can tell, it is about as useful as snot on a doorknob.
    *Yuck*

It's a bit more use than that. Through it, you can see how many products the merchant has in their CJ feed--or if they have any at all! You can also see things like the lastupdated date, the price they've attached to their products, whether their pictures actually work, and things like that.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

CJ Feed
    I'm happy to get folks our datafeed if interested and serious about affiliate marketing... Just drop me a line...

-Lee

Internet Cowboy
    Lee,
    I could use your datafeed as I have a health site that it would fit nicely on.
    Unfortunately, IGive has you listed as a merchant and I can't add you only to have my sales redirected by IGive.
    I'm not sure how much of a Newbie you are, but take a look at this forum:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55051

I don't see you on the other sites of downloadable app publishers, which is good, but the one in question is proven to redirect affiliate links and take our commissions, so that will keep me (and others I am sure, but I speak only for myself) from publishing you.

Remove the downloadable app publisher(s) from your program and it will flourish with serious publishers. Including me!
    Thanks
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    You're kidding, right? I stopped fooling with making links one at a time several years ago.

Try that with a merchant who has 30,000 products and you will get the picture soon enough.
    heckno, not kidding. I haven't gone the datafeed route yet -- too much else to learn while I keep building sites that I don't want to be considered "cookiecutter stuff" by the SEs. However, I do use some dPSCs for the same effect.

besides, I figure you don't need a ton of product links on a page, just enough to get the visitor to click over to the merchant's side. too bad not all the merchants are very good at converting said visitor, though.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread