Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post It gives me great sorrow to announce ...
    That Brian LeClaire (WalleyeWarrior) has passed away. I spoke to Monique, his wife earlier today and expressed all of our condolences.

Last time Brian went to the hospital I sent him a tree, he called me and said whats with the tree? I said, well flowers die ... here's a tree ... it requires constant care so you gotta be around to take care of it ... he liked it, hated the tree but liked the sentiment. That was Brian a darn good guy.

Brian also attended the Vegas '04 get together. In between treatments.

I've told Monique that all of the hosting of Brian's old sites will be paid by me and that I'd like to collect a kitty for her and the kids ... she has a mortgage to pay and the kids are 8 and 11 and I'll post more on that later, I'm still *TIME* and sad for the loss of a good friend.

Here's what they got set up in Manitoba for March 5th ...

Welcome to the First Annual Brian LeClaire 24 Hour Ice Fishing Marathon for Cancer Care Manitoba.
    The following is a brief schedule of events

Saturday March 5/05

8:00 AM- The site will be open for people to register, drop off pledges and pick a spot to fish.Holes will be drilled at this time
    10:00 AM – Let the fishing begin! The first event will be the Media/Celebrity Challenge, where any participant who wishes to go “head to head” with the Media can put $5 in the ‘pot’ and there will be a “fish off” for 2 hours. The team who catches the most fish will have their team names engraved on the “Media Challenge Cup” and proceeds will go to Cancer Care.
    12:00 PM – Lunch and presentation of the Media Challenge Cup
    1:00 PM – Family Mini Marathon. For a donation to Cancer Care families can come out and fish with the Marathon participants for 3 hours. Each family member will be given a raffle ticket and additional raffle tickets will be awarded for each fish caught and released by children under the age of sixteen.
    4:00 PM – The raffle draws will be held for the mini marathon participants. Afterwards the Early Bird draw will take place for all entries received prior to February 15, 2005
    5:00 PM – Supper. There will be an on ice hog roast for a small fee and will be open to all to enjoy.
    Sundown – There will be a brief dedication ceremony in memory of Brian LeClaire (Walleye Warrior) followed by a Fireworks display.
    Sunday March 6/05

8:00 AM- Breakfast out on the ice. At this time family members of the participants are invited out to fish with them for the last 2 hours.
    10:00 AM – End of the Marathon. The draw for the prizes for all 24 hour participants(including the Lund boat) will take place.

Where do we get Registration forms and pledge sheets?
    Registrations are available at Travel Mb(Forks), Fishin Hole, Ernies, Interlake outfitters(Selkirk) Jay Cee's (Selkirk) Pro Am and by clicking the link below. Pledge sheets are sent as soon as the reg form is sent or faxed to the address on the form. Pledge sheets may be obtained by emailing me at morissd@hotmail.com if you have sent in your reg form.

What do we do with the pledges we raise?
    There will be a Cancer Care booth set up as you enter the fishing area in Gimli. There you will drop off your sheet and money and receive your participent package and ID tag.

Can we bring our own auger, shack and snowmobile?
    Augers and shacks are very welcome, we will be on hand to drill holes for anyone who does not have an auger but no motorized vehicles on the ice please.

Will there be washrooms and food available?
    There will be pota potties set up near the fishing areas, and Expressway Pizza will have a concession truck on the ice for food and beverages for the full 24 hours.

Can we keep any fish we catch?
    Because we are under a competitive fishing permit all walleye must be released but perch and marias can be retained.

Where can we fish?
    There will be posted rules onsite, with the exact boundaries for the contestents. You do not have to fish in the provided tents, but it will be very comfortable in there!
    I'll be posting Manitoba cancer care donation links as well as paypall addy's for donations to Monique and the kids.

Rest in peace my dear friend, God Bless!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thank you for informing us of Brian's untimely departure. My thoughts and prayers go out to Monique and the kids during this difficult period.

Rest in peace Brian ... ABW won't be the same without you here.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    This is sad news indeed. Brian really was one of good guys with great courage and will be sorely missed. I had the great fortune of meeting him in Vegas. He began having some problems again while in Vegas, but his whole outlook was so positive and inspiring. He was grateful for every day that he had to be with his family and his main concerns were for them. Affiliate Marketing for him was a way to provide and support for his family while fighting the cancer.

God Bless Brian and his family and may his family find comfort in this time of lose.

Animal Lover
    That's just too sad. My deepest condolences to his wife and kids.

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    What a sad day, my thoughts are with Brian's family.
    He will be missed.

ABW Ambassador
    My condolescence to Monica and kids.

On a practical note, we could guide Monica so she can continue to support herself and kids through Brian's old sites.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'll miss him too. My condolences to his wife and kids.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Our condolences to his wife and kids. We too met Brian in Vegas last year.

Rest in peace, Brian.

One of his friends sent me this picture of Brian (WW) ...

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm so sorry to hear that Brian has passed away. He was a nice guy. I'd been wondering recently why he hadn't been posting but I was afraid to ask.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Very sad, condolences to his wife and kids.

While I never met him, sounded like a good friend to many here and to you Haiko, let me know when I can donate to help the kids.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Sad day indeed....

Brian was a great guy, one of the good ones.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Vegas as well...

He wasn't sure he would be able to make it to Vegas, he wanted to go so bad. He wanted to meet the rest of us, wanted to learn all he could to support his family with affiliate marketing.....

I'm so glad he was able to share those days with all of us that were there. We spent some time together talking shop, talking about life....it was a real pleasure meeting you my friend...

In your honor, one of my favorite poems on LIFE:

With time…

... we learn that being with someone because they offer us a good future signifies that sooner or later we will want to return to our past…

With time…

... we realize that getting married only because “we are remaining alone” is a clear warning that our marriage will end in failure…

With time…

... we realize that only one who is capable of loving us with our defects, without intending to change us, can offer us all the happiness that you desire..

With time…

... we realize that if the only reason we are at the side of a person is to accompanying our solitude, we will finish desiring not to see them again..

With time…

... we realize that the true friends are worth a lot more than any quantity of money in the world...

With time..

... we understand that the true friends are counted, and the one that does not fight by them, for them sooner or later will be surrounded only by false friendships…

With time…

... we learn that words said in a moment of anger, can continue hurting those to whom you verbally wounded, during all their life..

With time..

... we learn that that to excuse is simple, but to forgive is only for large souls..

With time..

... you understand that if you have injured a friend harshly, it’s very probably the friendship will never be the same again…

With time…

... we realize that each experience lived with each person in our lives is unique and valuable ...

With time…

... we realize that one that humiliates or despises a human being, sooner or later will suffer the same humiliations or despises multiplied..

With time..

... we learn to build all our roads “in the today”, because the land “of the tomorrow”, is too uncertain to plan and is not guaranteed to anyone…

With time..

... we understand that to hurry things or to force them, will cause that the final result not to be like we expected..

With time..

... we realize that in reality, the best time was not the future, but the moment that we are living right now, in this instant…

With time..

... we will learn that to try to forgive someone, ask for pardon, to say that you love someone, to say that you miss someone, to say that you need someone, to say that want to be a friend.. .

In front of a grave, has no sense…

“We get old very quick and wise very late”.

... just when …

“There Is No Time”

Rest in peace my friend...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Oh, no.

I am so sorry to hear this.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I hung out with Brian quite a bit when we were in Vegas. He was SUCH a good guy. It's truly a shame. The world lost one of the good ones. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and kids.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Passed on perhaps, but never forgotten. My condolences to Monique and the children.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Please send his family my deepest condolences when you next have a chance, Haiko. Right along with every other members here.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

My condolences to his family.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Oh my - he was such a nice person!

He will be greatly missed by all.
    Ebudae

All the best to his family and friends.
    This is truly sad news
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Animal Lover
    I still remember him posting this in his affiliate goals for 2004 :

I never posted my real ultimate goal last year, but this has been a tough year for my family because of the stress of my health. issues. I will divulge it this year though. My ulimate goal is cancer no more in 2004 and I will have the opportunity to see my children grow up and be here next and many Christmases after for them, for they are truly my inspiration and not the mindless pursuit of this business on front of a screen.
    he will be missed greatly,
    Oscar

http and a telephoto
    I've lost too many family memebers to cancer, I hate it. Good-bye Brian, say hi to my sister for me?

Condolences to his wife and children and the friends he has here.

I'm glad I got to meet him in Vegas, my condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.
    Make sure you post those links Haiko.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    This is very sad news. He was a class act, always willing to help others.. He will be missed by many.. My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife and children..

I met Brian and his 2 sons in Edmonton in the later half of last year, we had a very enjoyable chat and a meal together. I consider myself privileged to have had the oportunity to talk to him, although he was feeling under the weather at the time you could tell he did not dwell on it. He was a very brave man, I hope his two sons are as proud of him as he was of them.

Heartfelt condolences to his wife and children.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

This is very sad news indeed, and as with everyone else I'd like to send condolences to Brian's family.

Walleye had been an ABW member since the very beginning and a prolific poster until last month. He was always willing to share his expertise with other, and I guess that in this strange world of affiliate marketers he must have given sage advice and inspiration to hundreds of people (if not more) in many different countries over the years he was here.

A sad loss.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast