ABW Ambassador
    Question Overstock's Stand On Parasites??

Hi, All,

I am thinking of adding Overstock to my web site.

Are they parasite-free? Have they made any public
    statements regarding parasites?

Are they profitable? Are they honest?

Any comments are appreciated!!

Thank you!!

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Did a little search and they seem to be associated with these. Don't know how current the info is.

schoolpop.com
    mypoints.com
    boxtops4education.com

I can't say much about those except do an ABW search for them and read what you come up with.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    Are they parasite-free?
    They are listed with all the known parasites.
    SSanf forgot eBates and iGive, just two of the most notorious but they are working with many others.
    They want us to think they are not part of their downloads so it's fine, but they are financing crooks whose main ambition is to find new ways to steal our commissions.
    Have they made any public statements regarding parasites?
    That's their dilemma. As long as the public don't know it, or nobody talk about it... Do a search on Shawn Overstock, it's several years old.
    Are they profitable?
    I'm not a stockholder, but it seems they are.
    Are they honest?
    With their customers, I think so. With their affiliates, No. But, it's just my opinion.

You can add Upromise to that list as well!! I think they're in bed with just about every parasite you can conjure up.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    yes they're profitable and wiped the matt on every other new IPO since the day they went public. They never took the hint to split the stock in Dec/Jan period to make a buy-in easier and shield themselves from the post Christmas doldrums in retailer stocks.

The purchases came a year after Patrick Byrne bought $12 million worth of Overstock shares, which surged 250 percent last year, from a low of $17.90 to $77 on Dec. 6. However, the stock fell 13 percent immediately after it reported earnings on Jan. 27.

The Salt Lake City-based seller of closeout items posted its first quarterly profit in two years, with net income of $2.5 million and revenues of $221.3 million. But the stock tumbled after Overstock said it had squeezed almost all the cost savings it could. The stock touched $46 last week and has since recovered."

They are one affiliate enabled merchant who could clean up their entire act and boot out all BHO's and cookie stuffers and wannabee LS Titanium Award winners. Heck they threw legal bucks at some hated competitors using BHO attack dogs. They could see the overlap between "incentive" affiliates and e-mail- SERP -browser spammers by filling some test systems with BHO drive-by installs and TopMoxie apps and spend the day watching the OS shopper experience Googling the term "Overstock Coupon".

I sure know how Overstock could clean house while doubling sales through the affiliate channel. Problem is the cleaning house part and enticing affiliates to focus shoppers from their own OS promotional niche' pages. Doing this in the current environment is a effort in futility as cookie overwrites is a hourly occurance.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Question Overstock and Parasites

Hi, All,

It doesn't sound very good for affiliates at this point.

(Time to start drinking coffee and do more research
    on this parasite issue.)

Thanks, eveyone !!

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread