Digitalpoint
    My first post here folks. A lot of you folks have probably come across Digitalpoint, and their free link exchange. Well, I must say it works. Over 2,420 backlinks on my site. I have nothing to benefit by pumping it, but it works. You'll have to put in some php but you can also use it on.htm.

Moved to the Café.

DigitalPoint is a good site and offers good resources and is run by good people, I just hate when I see the join the co-op link spam, thank you for also legitimizing them and not spamming air2air ... it's quite refreshing.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I'm in coop too - You can jump on first place in Google/MSN pretty quickly with them
    Victor
    [url=http://dir.seo7.net]FREE Website Directory[/url] <- add your link NOW!
    [url=http://seo7.net/buy]Buy links[/url] <- cheap

ABW Ambassador
    I'm skeptical about things like this, although I do like the tools at digital point. Are there any drawbacks? I mean, is it something that the search engines will fight and if I try it with one of my sites, will things go bad? Know what I mean?

Can you guys give me more info on this?

I'm thinking of joining the network as well.

Does anyone have any negative things to say about the network?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    From my experience, you can expect Google and Yahoo to ignore all those links, even if you aim them at a site with no out-links rather than at the site you have your co-op code on. (I think they're onto the fact that they change with every page-load and have compensated for the effect.)

I've got a few sites in there, and the two SEs I mentioned seem to love it for all of a week or two and then they go back to their former positions.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen a few banned sites that ran those rotating ads and some sitewides from other sites. There was nothing else wrong with the sites that I could find, it just didn't appear that Yahoo liked their linking habits.

Thanks for the warning. I came *this* close to signing up.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Test Results
    Update:

As a test, I decided to take away the coop links from GoodBulbs. The site wasn't ranking well at all for a particular keyphrase--it was #80 in Goofle.

After removing the incoming co op links, within only 2 or 3 days it has plunged further into invisibility--after dredging around the SERPs I finally found it hiding at #207.

So, it turns out that Google was NOT ignoring the links as I previously thought! But, the algo doesn't pay *enough* attention to them to bring SE mastery, either. If a site had fairly good ranks, and just needed a little extra "push" to nudge it up a tad, the links may help. (Remember that what makes a 120-listing rise in the Rank Ghetto only equals a rise of a slot or two (if that) up in the high, seriously competitive, end of the SERPs! Kinda like how $10 is "rich" compared to a destitute guy but is hardly anything when comparing with millionaires )

If the drop turns out to be a limited-time effect, I'll update this post. But, the experiment will get messed soon, by the fact that the lilies will have confirmed availability any time now, causing me to change a boatload of other links. So I don't expect to be visible under the old keyword at all, soon, and I won't be trying to change that until the item in question is in season again (hence my willingness to play with it at all!).

Edited to add: I didn't monitor Yahoo's SERPs during this change at all. If I start noticing them as a referrer, I'll pay more attention to them.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread