Is there going to be a March Dance?
    I'm ready for a new Google Dance! I was creamed on the last one, for the first time in years. I saw a huge drop in trafffic beginning on February 4.

But it is not just me, it seems that none of Google's results have been very relevant since the last dance. I was doing some research for a client on a totally unrelated subject last week, and a search at Google produced garbage. So, I searched MSN, and what I was looking for was the very first result.

I was so frustrated, I sent Google an email telling them how badly they screwed up their search results. Their response,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please be assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our search quality team who will use the information to improve the quality of our search results.
    I guess I was wasting my time, but you got to figure that for everybody who writes to complain, there should be at least 10 people who don't bother to write and just switch to another search engine.

I even changed my homepage from Google to MSN. But I just can't get used to that busy screen. I prefer the blank white screen with minimal noise. So, is Google going to fix itself any time soon?

ABW Ambassador
    Do an allinurl search for the site in question. allinurl:yourdomain.com

If you find pages outside yourdomain.com in the list, check the cache. If it looks exactly like one of the pages from yourdomain.com, the site is a victim of a 302 redirect spamming operation that kills your site's position in the SEs.

All that came up were four sites linking to my site.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread