I've been on many forums of this UBB type, and the one that I find easiest and quickest to read is one wherein the posts are newest at the top of the page. This is, obviously, the reverse of what we have here.

I'd like to suggest maybe you could check out this board, and see what you think. It's at YuleLog Ornament Collectors Bulletin Board.

It's just kinda nice, especially when a topic gets really long, that you don't have to scroll past a bunch of messages that you've already read to get to the new ones.

BluOrchid2,

In 2.0 you'll be able to do that and have that set as the default view, amongst other things, including cutom colors and many other goodies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haiko

That's a really interesting website you pointed out BluOrchid2... I'm surprised they didn't have GoCollect on their links page anywhere?

Haiko.... is there a way to change the default settings as a work around until the new version? Or is it not even worth it at this point with the new one so close to launch?

Regards,
    Lou

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh, please don't!

It would be too weird to have to scroll UP to see the last few posts, as opposed to reading downward in a book-like fashion!

I know it would be more convenient if the last post was all that was new, but usually there are 4 or 5 that come up in an active thread after a few hours away from ABW!

I would constantly be reading the top post and then going "what the heeecckk??" when it was really a response but looked like the start of the page...

This seems to work well. I am of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    BluOrchid2,

In 2.0 you'll be able to do that and have that set as the default view, amongst other things, including cutom colors and many other goodies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Haiko
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goodies?? Like drinks and a 24 hour buffet/snack bar? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ...

I'd rather have the newest at the bottom also, and read down rather than up -- but what *would* be nice is that when you click on a thread that you've visited before that it takes you to the newest thread (the newest post you haven't read yet) ...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread