Affiliate Manager
    TV Commericals
    I just finished a meeting with my new producer.

We have decided to do a few TV commericals - I'm looking for a couple of different results.

1. My phones to ring for orders
    2. Increased internet sales
    3. Credibility
    4. More press exposure.

I keep running into distributors, etc who say - You only advertise on the internet and everyone knows if its only sold on line its not for real.

I gues the saying "If its on TV it must be true" applies.

I'd love to get some feed back.

Thanks
    Melissa

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Playful Melissa
    I just finished a meeting with my new producer.

We have decided to do a few TV commericals - I'm looking for a couple of different results.

1. My phones to ring for orders
    2. Increased internet sales
    3. Credibility
    4. More press exposure.

I keep running into distributors, etc who say - You only advertise on the internet and everyone knows if its only sold on line its not for real.

I gues the saying "If its on TV it must be true" applies.

I'd love to get some feed back.

Thanks
    Melissa
    Our situation is, obviously, quite different, but we've found great benefit to multiple media outlets.

We use TV, radio, billboards and newspapers (obviously!) to promote a number of things on the site. We're looking for a bunch of different things, but a large portion of it is branding.

Our sales reps find that potential clients are comforted by the marketing effort. For example, when we launched our Homes and Auto verticals, we went heavy on billboards in the market, creating top of mind awareness, a pre-sales call, if you will. Repeated mentions of top advertisers in our promotional ads (for example, major players in our Car Search product are featured in print ads), not only pleases that advertisers, it helps create demand among competitors.

Anyway, the nutshell is mutliple media works for us!

Affiliate Manager
    I found this resource to be invaluable in this process.

http://www.infomercialmedia.com/index.html

right now, I only have one product the branding well thought out just not implemented.

Again I'm looking to expand my market and provide credibility.

Print will be a secondary phase - it didn't provide enough exposure in a timely fashion - based on the whole 3x theory.

We live in an instant gratification market and this product is all about impulse buying.

Thanks for the feed back Phil - it will come in handy when I look at the full 30 minute infomercial.

ABW Ambassador
    Free Tv Ads
    If you can get a mention on Ophra or Dr. Phil it could melt your servers.

I had a client [company sold mid 2004] that called me to ask what I had done to the traffic.
    I told them I had done nothing new.
    My wife walks in and says Dr. Phil's wife mentioned the company during an interview.

Affiliate Manager
    I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Melissa
    I found this resource to be invaluable in this process.

http://www.infomercialmedia.com/index.html

Again I'm looking to... provide credibility.
    lol, then I wouldn't do an infomercial.

Speaking for myself, I rarely watch them and for the most part find them VERY hokey.

If it were me and I had the money to spend - I would run some ads in magazines and Sunday newspapers.

Good Luck!
    Ebudae

What wishing? Send freebies ... to Good Morning America, Oprah, The View -- all of them and follow up.

You've got tangible product ... tell them to put it to the test

Radio (local market) is cheap as dirt, why not try that before the tube?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Radio (local market) is cheap as dirt, why not try that before the tube?
    This area must have gold in its dirt, then...

When I checked that out a couple of years ago, around here they wowed people by saying stuff like, "Only $15-30/slot" (mostly on the higher end of that range)... But then they ask exactly when you'd like your 100-400 spots to be aired! The least they were willing to sell me was 100 slots. And the big channels wanted more. More money, and more slots.

The only one that was really cheap was in the middle of the night, and told me they had very dedicated listeners. Each one of the FIFTY guys who listened to the show could be counted on to turn on the program!

Maybe compared to TV, it's cheap, but I certainly wasn't interested in buying $2k worth of ads and having them all aired on one weekend, which is what the radio stations had in mind.

lol, then I wouldn't do an infomercial.

Speaking for myself, I rarely watch them and for the most part find them VERY hokey.~Ebudae
    Personally I don't like them either. But from promoting "as-on-tv" products, I know that some people must like them--a lot!

But infomercial products do have a..."downscale"...image IMO. Kind of like velvet Elvises
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks phillyBurbs, you just answered a big question I had about another project I'm working on.

It's a nice knowledge nugget for anyone trying to get attention in a local market.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Affiliate Manager
    I've been sending freebie to all of them including the radio shows -

Currently in production for the commerical - :30 to :60 spot on the chocolate.

Targetting the demographic - i.e. men - 25-55 so look for me on ESPN, SPIKE, TNT, USA, FX, Comedy Central, E! end of March to beginning of April.

I'm also putting the spot on the website - and putting up a :10-:15 second spots in my affiliate tools

What do you think? Too much?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread