Google Banned Sites List?
    I read in another Google group that you could loose rank or worse on Google if you link to banned Google sites. Is this just one of those Google rumors? Is there a list of banned google sites somewhere?

Still struggling after 12/17/04 google drop
    Tami

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Closest thing to a Google site bann list, since they abhor drive-by or hidden bundling BHO install sites, is the restricted site list built into www.spywareblaster.com Another key is never get your site triggered by the Google Bar's popup blocker as that one reports to Google's database. Getting a negative ranking there, if your not a major news portal or destination site, could trigger some negative action. Just brainstorming here as I do very little SEO/SEM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Another key is never get your site triggered by the Google Bar's popup blocker as that one reports to Google's database.
    I never thought of that. I will look into it. Thanks!

I think the cause of my big drop in google is due to the sites that are redirecting to my site and getting google cached in my name. I have just spent the last couple of hours emailing them.

What a pain!

Tami

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread