Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I have been actively looking for an alternative to CJ, and have found AffiliateBot which I will try for a while. Anyone care to join me?

Elisabeth Archambault

Elisabeth:

Took a look at their site but couldn't find their terms. When do they pay?

ABW Ambassador
    Aggg. Their terms page is 404ing, and I'm leaving right away for a few days. This is embarrassing. I signed a few days ago and I don't remember what the fine print said, and the terms must have made it past my BS filters, for whatever that's worth. I understood it to be a consolidated check, though. I'll have to do more digging when I get back.

Sigh ... everyone have a chuckle at my expense, and have a Happy New Year!

Elisabeth Archambault

Where the heck are they from???

quote:
    Registrant:
    Ezer LG Ratchaga (AFFILIATEBOT-DOM)
    Lot 863, 7 1/2 Miles Cheras
    Taman Cuepacs, Selangor 43200
    MY

Domain Name: AFFILIATEBOT.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Billing Contact:
    Ratchaga, Ezer (ER580) ezer@PC.JARING.MY
    Ezer LG Ratchaga
    PO Box 86
    Selangor, SELANGOR 43207
    MY
    603-905-8263

Record last updated on 07-Mar-2001.
    Record expires on 25-Feb-2003.
    Record created on 25-Feb-1999.
    Database last updated on 29-Dec-2001 04:53:00 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.FREE-BANNERS.COM 216.15.157.34
    NS1.EZER.NET 216.15.223.226
    NS2.FREE-BANNERS.COM 216.15.157.35
    NS2.EZER.NET 216.15.223.227

BOO to other networks, you'll get your tracking switch turned off with talk like that

stick with cj
    christmas may be over but the cash registers ar still ringing arent they? KA-CHING

I guess this place is in Maylasia
    http://www.hoteltravel.com/malaysia/selangor/maps/

I wonder how long it would take to get a check from there?

quote:
    you'll get your tracking switch turned off with talk like that

Yep, and I hate it when CJ turns off my Tracking Switch. I've apparently been "good" lately and they have appeared to have left my "Tracking Switch" on.

Huh! Turned off! Sheet they ain't turned mine back on yet and I have been soooo GOOD!

No thank you .... I'll stick it out with CJ for the next few ... till a real one comes out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] *hint* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Nah, going to Selengor MY to sue isn't in my plans...and it'd probably take a trip to get a commission check out of them!

And the terms page is now 404ing? Brrrr...

The name AffiliateBot doesn't exactly inspire confidence, either. That's a name that ought to inspire RAW FEAR in the hearts of MERCHANTS (an affiliate bot striking me as "A program [bot] for generating commissions falsely")! So I would figure that merchants who aren't put off by that name would have a reason for their bravery--namely, they don't intend to pay anyway so they don't care!

My registers are still ringing at CJ too and I don't consider a place I need a GLOBE to find to be a place I'd like to diversify to!

PS Haiko--CJ is too a REAL network!

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

I totaly agree with you there Leader,
    It's bad enough when the merchants change their name
    When the bloody country changes its name as well it's time to give them a wide birth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I joined them. They have a lot of the merchants that CJ does so I am glad I did. It will be nice to test the difference of reporting and so on. I was hoping for a little more lead programs but they do have quite a few sales merchants. Now if I can only figure out how to apply to the merchants. It says I'm joined with each merchant but I think they must have to aprove you and then join might change to active. Time will tell.

Leader my good friend and I say that with meaning. As smart as you are I believe if you dared to venture beyond the entrance way of CJ's you would double your intake. Just because of bad experiences in the past and maybe even now is no reason to not take the chances. Like I said in another post the most money I have been taken for is by CJ merchants.

Elisabeth, wish me luck with the SE, 10% is riding on it.

Gordon, LMAO. I just saw your post.

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Packy ]

errrrrrrrrrrrrr....correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the merchants mention that this area of the world (actually I guess they usually specify Indonesia most often) is one of the worst for falsified cc numbers?

My first impressions of Performics (I'm not up to minimum yet, since I'm not bringing enough traffic to those pages yet) is good, Elisabeth. If it was a better interface, it sure would help.

As for LS and BF, well I won't take the "chance" until I am making my $10k/month. Except when I have a page that isn't making any money on tons of free traffic anyway. Am currently sending free traffic to one LS merchant after the CJ merchant got their share of almost 500 clicks and no sales. The other CJ merchant on the page has only had two sales, so I know that the page itself is a problem (tire kicking keywords).

Ah for perfection, eh? If I had a merchant with cookies who converted as well as Amazon and paid 10% I'd be on my way to buying a cruise ship.

ABW Ambassador
    >Just because of bad experiences in the past and maybe even now is no reason to not take the chances.

Diversification is the key to controlling your own destiny.
    When I read here in the CJ threads, control of destiny does NOT jump out at me.

We don't do affiliate marketing - hehehe
    We "nitch market" and find an affiliate program that fills our need for an e-commerce solution.
    Each market is served by a separate domain that relates to that market.

In choosing between one affiliate/partner program and another we look for the following:
    USA or UK based
    A program that stays in place for at least a year
    Cookie duration of 30 days or more
    Current agents who will verify timely and consistent payment
    AND LAST
    Is there a better paying program out there that can kick our butt in PPC

Take Cellular Phone Services as an example:
    We kicked butt at $50 per sale
    Then the vendor reduce the commission to $35
    We can get $35 from anywhere - and so can a 100 other guys/gals
    So we put that promotion on hold
    I'm meeting a vendor rep in Vegas on the 7th who says they can better $35.
    If that is true, we will be back in control of our destiny in that nitch.

Happy New Year to all !

Agreed Adam Ward. My free traffic to the LS merchant will go to my site where the vendor has a contract for commissions on and off line. I build the site, so if they don't play nice... the site becomes an affiliate site to a cj or other merchant again.

However, to build the site, find merchants to trust, and all that, is more work than another cj affiliate site. I'll do it to diversify and keep my future from being totally dependant on affiliate networks and google, but in the mean time, the niche pages work and they are funding a larger effort.

Cheers.

"Just because of bad experiences in the past and maybe even now is no reason to not take the chances~Packy"

Packy, there is no "bravery" in blindly signing up for places, period! I'm not "chicken"--I'm using my SENSE and if you exercised sense in picking merchants, and got off the idea that "fear" or "bravery" has a darn thing to do with good business, I'm sure you would find your "tracking switch" ON all the time. This AffiliateBOT obviously has DOG written all over it and that's not going to change because of your refusal to read the handwriting on their wall.

I just pulled up that page. The FIRST THING I see on their front page, is a lie, or at least incorrect: They say they are the WORLD'S TOP affiliate network, and in the same line, claim 150,000 sites. Erm, I know CJ claims more sites and as I recall the Snare can also beat that figure...

I also see their spin: "Incorporating AffiliateBot's ICS (Intelligent Context Serving){I've heard THAT before--oh yeah, it was CJ's Encontext}, web publishers can now optimize on products and services that can generate several times higher returns for their traffic, as oppose to the dwindling banner marketplace.Like we don't know the advantage of affiliate marketing" (The bold's mine, obviously)

Still no Terms appearing. In other words, no terms that say they have to PAY! Whatever it said before, does not mean Squat! It doesn't say they have to pay ANYMORE!

Packy, I am flabbergasted and disappointed and yes, angered that you would try to convince me to sign up for that OBVIOUS DOG, and act as if blindly signing up for shady-at-best networks is somehow SMARTER than using SENSE!

PS Sorry Elisabeth, but after reading those cracks of Packy's, I had to respond...To you I say, don't invest any money in promoting that place until you are holding a nonbouncing check! And until those Terms are at least showing again, I personally wouldn't give them a pixel of web space. I have seen lots of tricks out there and the Disappearing Terms Page is a fairly old one...you sign up, the Terms disappear, and the next time they show up, some BS has been inserted (usually in a very hard-to-see spot so it'll be missed). If those Terms come up with NO changes I'd be floored... If they Pay I'll be even more floored!

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

quote:
    Incorporating AffiliateBot's ICS (Intelligent Context Serving)

what the heck does that mean? when i read that i thought i was at the toptext or savesU website

quote:
    errrrrrrrrrrrrr....correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all the merchants mention that this area of the world (actually I guess they usually specify Indonesia most often) is one of the worst for falsified cc numbers? - webmistress

yeah!

seems like it is a cheap knock-off of cj?
    Brass and Winds for Musicians

Leader, Inever said for you to join this program. What I said was to explore other opportunity's. There is more than just CJ out there. {oops, there goes the stats for next week}

quote:
    Packy, I am flabbergasted and disappointed and yes, angered that you would try to convince me to sign up for that OBVIOUS DOG, and act as if blindly signing up for shady-at-best networks is somehow SMARTER than using SENSE!

What I said was:

quote:
    Leader my good friend and I say that with meaning. As smart as you are I believe if you dared to venture beyond the entrance way of CJ's you would double your intake. Just because of bad experiences in the past and maybe even now is no reason to not take the chances. Like I said in another post the most money I have been taken for is by CJ merchants.

As for this particular company who knows. I decided to join and see what it was about. They have a lot of top merchants listed there so I find it very hard it is not on the up and up. However it is posible. I survive on taking chances. I think we all do. Who knows if tomorrow your best performing merchant isn't gonna take a walk with their pocket closed. Any merchant at any company at any time can do this . It will always be like that and there is nothing we can do about it.

CJ doesn't pay if the merchant doesn't pay. Let me ask you this Leader. Do you belong to OnResponse, Websponsors and others that pay whether they get paid or not by the merchants? That is where bravery isn't needed. As for obvious dog. Lol. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. But I can tell ya that I won't get burned by them for as much as I did by CJ and a couple of their merchants.

As for diversity, I will say CJ is probably gonna be my best performer this month. It's a first in awhile. It is still a close race between them, Linkshare and Websponsors. 2 months ago I think it was AffiliateFuel who took top honors. Last month was Linkshare with CJ's coming in third. Next month I can see Direct Leads being in the race for top spot and maybe even CPA. Overall for this month will be over $2000.00 profit. Not a lot compared to some of the affiliates here but enough to keep me changing links and company's if I have to. Will I see all of it. I can't see why not. Well most of it depending on how many reversals from CJ's this month. The best thing about it was 95% of it wasn't xmas related. So yes I believe in diversity and taking chances. Every company is taking a chance for the fact that every merchant we put up is taking a chance. Unless we get paid in advance Affiliate Marketing is one big chance to take. Hmmm! Kinda like Google.

chance, n.
    1.The happening of events; fortune: hap. 2. Something that befalls as the result of unknown or undonsidered forces; a happening; often, Archaic, a mishap; mischance. 3. That which happens to one: fortune;luck;lot. 4. An opportunity; as, a chance to escape. 5. In games of chance, any on of the contingencies on shich a player takes a risk; as, number nine is my chance; hence, in general, a risk or gamble. 6. A possibility of something happening; as, the chances are against him. 7. A hypothetical agent regarded as determining what happens; fotune; fate; -- often personified. -- Syn. Accident, fortune, luck, hazard.

Okay, the Webster's dictionary I have is old. It is true that there is "in general" a "risk or gamble" in any of the networks, or any in-house program, or even running one's own merchant site. However, "chance" can be minimized: I notice that service programs drop like flies from cj. Hard goods merchants far less. I know that I have had little trouble (yet) getting paid for commissions earned at cj, so I don't call it "chance" that the deposits arrive. I see that although household goods get sold a little more slowly than clothing, the household goods seem to stay sold more. As I get more data, the "chance" is defined a little more clearly.

Given what I've heard of getting paid over at LS and BF, it is more along the lines of "a mishap; mischance" to find the right merchants. Once you do, great, you get paid.

I have yet to figure out how to run a successful lead campaign. For me, it's a lot more a "chance" to put up lead links on a page.

U-yup, life is about taking "chances", and "calculated risks" and all that. Still, the more calculation one can do, the less risk.

Leader,

When I said "real" company I was referring to the "dog" ... not CJ! - I am the #2 CJ fan remember?

Haiko

Packy, in the context of this thread, your comments which you quoted do indeed sound as if you're trying to persuade me to try out this Dog, and insinuating that avoiding unnecessary risk is unsmart somehow.

The presence of big-name merchants anywhere does not impress me at all--most of the complaints on these boards about LS merchants mention the big names as the worst offenders--Wal-Mart, Martha Stewart, etc. And other big name merchants (The Sports places at CJ, and The History Channel at CJ, and some at BeFree that I can't remember just now) have also been flamed as some of the dodgiest merchants there are.

I have learned not to give too specific of figures but I will say that I did beat that profit, without wondering if my Deposit would ever show up, what I'd do if a merchant left, what I'd do if Google ignored me, etc. You can have a total monopoly on that kind of STRESS!!

As for doubling my intake outside of CJ, I seriously doubt it!!! All I can see happening with extra networks is that I would end up wondering if half my money would ever show up. There's certainly no shortage of ways to make money at CJ! There's about 1,000 or so merchants as I recall... whether I promote more merchants at CJ or elsewhere isn't going to make the money rise faster. 10% commish is 10% commish. But I would double my Stress Level with some of these other networks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

EYES-OPEN diversity is good, but it's not necessary to put on more networks to make more money! What's good about careful (eyes-open) diversity in my book is the fact that it would REDUCE unnecessary risk.

(Surviving on risk...)
    Taking REASONABLE risk is something I'm not totally averse to...but your idea of fun would only give me ULCERS!

If I want a shot of Risk, there's always a few $0 EPC, CJ merchants I can promote... [being serious]

"Kinda like Google" you said. That's exactly what's wrong with the kind of risk you mention... it's WAY too IFFY! (Reminds me of why I keep my paid listings up...)

Webmistress, Good post and I agree with most of it. Don't get me wrong either. In no way am I slamming CJ's company. They are a top notch company. But, there are others that are also. That is the point I am trying to make. Some of the newer or less know company's may also be or turn out to be top notch. I have always been one to take chances. Usually because I have no choice though. I was happy when Cj's had most of what I needed. They no longer do. They forced me to explore other programs and it just so happened it worked to my advantage.

quote:
    Given what I've heard of getting paid over at LS and BF, it is more along the lines of "a mishap; mischance" to find the right merchants. Once you do, great, you get paid.

Linkshare has come along way in the last few months. You have more information about the way a merchant pays than you use to. I will always be a strong backer of Linkshare even more so now that they are moving forward in the right direction. Don't get me wrong. I have had problems with them in the past and I will in the future. I've yet to find a company that I haven't had something happen. As for Befree, no comment.

I've said it before and so have others. What CJ's needs to do is let us see who is up to date with their payments and who is running behind on payments. How they pay. They have yet to do this although we have asked. The only way we know is when they become deactivated for non-payment and then sometimes it's too late. A good example of this is Chet at Fineclicks. Although I don't really push them I like the way he keeps you updated on who is getting low on funds. Obviously he must get merchants to pay up front. Lessening the chance that the affiliates have to take. I would love to see every affiliate program have to pay up front like we have to when we use the ppc engines again taking another chance that we will make money from them. It will never happen. The company's give the credit to the merchants so they can sign them up thus increasing the risk for us.

With CJ's new policy that took affect in July where if they don't get paid we don't get paid they removed some of the risk from themselves and put that risk on us. Is that fair that they have all the info on a merchants payment patterns and we don't even though we are the ones that now have to bear the risk. I know what my answer to that is.

Now another example is Websponsors and OnResponse who from what I have been told pays us whether they get paid by the merchant or not. They hold all the risk or chance. You can bet that they are gonna do their best to make sure the odds are in their favor to get paid by the merchants. Another company is DirectLeads and Affiliate Fuel. They show you how many leads, clicks or whatever the merchant has left in their account. Thus lowering the chance we have to take.

As for the company that this thread is about. I will take the chance. Mostly because I have no choice unless I want to limmited to what I have.

Leader, what I said to you has nothing at all to do with this so called Dog, lol. You know I have said many times about not just counting on one company. Obviously we don't agree on this. So I'll leave it at that.

I agree with you about the big name merchants. That doesn't impress me either for the reasons you stated. What I am saying is that it would seem to me to give this company some legitamacy(spelling, something I can't do). I would find it hard to believe that some of the well known company's are gonna do business with a company if it wasn't legit.

quote:
    Taking REASONABLE risk is something I'm not totally averse to...but your idea of fun would only give me ULCERS!

Yup! Got em, but it was fun getting them.

Packy--Okay, Peace. It's not like I think relying on one company is exactly the hottest plan in the world--it's just that all the other places I've seen are Ppbbbttt [img]tongue.gif[/img] compared to CJ...

You've actually GOT ulcers!? Are you serious?? (I hope that doesn't come out as another Occupational Hazard along with sore tailbones, carpal tunnel, and watering eyes!) I hope you were joking...

Haiko, I see I misinterpreted that
    "I'll stick it out with CJ for the next few ... till a real one comes out *hint*" comment! I THOUGHT you always said you liked CJ best, but sometimes it's hard to tell! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast