Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CJ reporting supposedly OK but...
    CJ Today:
    "All issues causing delays in transaction reporting have been resolved, and reporting is now functioning normally ..."
    Although my traffic is as ussual I have only few commissions posted. Also the EPC is only $10 compared to $60 average last month.
    I don't care if the posting is delayed or if is posted within the 2 hours from the event! All I care about is that I make enough commissions to make a profit. With the $10 EPC I will be out of business.

Is everyone else OK today?

My EPC has dropped as well. Things have been waaaaaaay off for the past couple of weeks. But my clicks have remained the same. I am not pleased.

There are a few CJ threads on the Webmasterworld aff forum from others with unusually huge sales declines that started when the reporting went bad. Sounds like something is surely not right.

Voloda and others... I actually do hope you're right and that sales will improve (to abnormally high levels in my case since things were fine for Feb. as a whole) whenever the system is straightened out completely. But once again, why are you not testing all your merchants and making sure sales track on your own?

All issues causing delays in transaction reporting have been resolved, and reporting is now functioning normally ...
    I don't know. My last transaction:

SALE 2-Mar-2005 09:44 PST was POSTED 2-Mar-2005 15:02 PST

I hope I've had a few sales since 9:44 am PST.

Tracy,
    My last was at 8:40 AM and nothing since then. The message from CJ doesn't make sense.
    TODD, Could you please take a look!

Well, at least I know I've had a sales since 9:44 am

2-Mar-2005 10:51 PST POSTED 2-Mar-2005 15:49 PST

I'm seeing a 5 hour lag. But then I went and read the rest of the message at CJ:

... We are still experiencing some intermittent instability in the CJ Account Manager, and are now fully focused on resolving this issue. Tracking and recording of transactions remains fully functional. Thank you for your continued patience.

had a sale with just normal delay, recently.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    had a sale with just normal delay, recently.
    My sales have been normal all morning and afternoon; all within the hour range, a few this afternoon almost two hours but all in all very normal and steady.

Last sale:

2-Mar-2005 15:03 PST 2-Mar-2005 16:25 PST

Oh, so it is just me?

I sure it isn't just you, Tracy. Things are back to normal for us, too. However, I'm sure there are still some problems or they wouldn't still have that message on their site.

ABW Ambassador
    Latest message from cj - All over!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhutch
    I sure it isn't just you, Tracy. Things are back to normal for us, too. However, I'm sure there are still some problems or they wouldn't still have that message on their site.
    It's not there anymore. The latest message says it's all over:

CJ Account Manager™ Issues Resolved [Updated: March 2, 2005 5:43 PM PST]

The issues causing CJ Account Manager instability and delays in transaction reporting have been fully resolved. All transaction tracking and recording remained functional during the issue period. We thank you for your patience.

Actually, I went back and looked more closely. Retail sales from regular merchants are posting in about an hour. It's the eBay dimes and registrations that are taking five hours. I'm guessing it has something to do with the new no-reversals policy. They must be having to put the sales through an extra process or something that is making the posts take longer.

ABW Ambassador
    I had sales coming in this morning and then all of a sudden at 1250 PST it all stopped. Anyone having a similar issue. Sales have really slowed during the last few weeks. I can't imagine what kind of trouble CJ is having, but I sure hope they fix it quick!

ABW Ambassador
    I did a test purchase which posted (tracked) within less than 2 hours. The only way to find out what is going on is to do test purchases.

If you do have a spare PC, you could load some of BHOs that CJ approves of and then clean up the cookies and do a test purchase after clicking on your link. See if that tracks to your account, whether those are in compliance. If those purchases don't track, then bring it up to your merchant, to cj and to this forum.

ABW Ambassador
    Ugh this always happens to me. Soon after I make a post I get a sale. Unfortunately it's dinky and not more than an hour delayed. Which means I really did have nothing since this afternoon. That kind of stinks.

Oh well, better something than nothing.

Robin

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not so sure it's fixed now. Wednesday was like the worst day I would have before the reporting crisis.

I switched to other networks for several merchants, and I certainly don't feel inclined to move back at this point.

Same with me
    Quote Originally Posted by rem
    I had sales coming in this morning and then all of a sudden at 1250 PST it all stopped. Anyone having a similar issue. Sales have really slowed during the last few weeks. I can't imagine what kind of trouble CJ is having, but I sure hope they fix it quick!
    My sales stopped at 10 AM and there was nothing untill 5 PM. Before and after the gap sales was very steady. Strange?
    I thought all issues were resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    I did a test purchase which posted (tracked) within less than 2 hours. The only way to find out what is going on is to do test purchases.

If you do have a spare PC, you could load some of BHOs that CJ approves of and then clean up the cookies and do a test purchase after clicking on your link. See if that tracks to your account, whether those are in compliance. If those purchases don't track, then bring it up to your merchant, to cj and to this forum.
    Hi womanht,

How do You do a test purchase without spending money?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish

Hi womanht,

How do You do a test purchase without spending money?
    Simple...use Charlies credit card as he can't read the bills to pay them.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Why the heck should we have to do test purchases??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Voloda and others... I actually do hope you're right and that sales will improve (to abnormally high levels in my case since things were fine for Feb. as a whole) whenever the system is straightened out completely. But once again, why are you not testing all your merchants and making sure sales track on your own?

I'm sure all of us are in this business to make commissions, not to fork out our own money. It's indeed a sad day when we have to do test purchases to make sure that things are working normally. I would think we should be able to trust both our merchants and the networks to ensure that tracking is 100%. I for one do not have the time (or the money) to sit and do hundreds of test purchases and then have to cancel them again just to satisfy myself that nothing is wrong with tracking. I know what my normal conversion rates are and right now something is terribly wrong, which has absolutely nothing to do with Google or any other search engine as my traffic is normal and clickthrough rate is high.

Same thing today...
    Pretty steady sales untill 9 AM and then: "STOP" No sales or leads since then. Very strange! The issue may have been resolved with the delays but the EPC is still very low.
    Yesterday less then $10 and today less then $6! This is crazy!
    My average last month was over $60 and I am getting the same traffic.
    Anybody else with a same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Simple...use Charlies credit card as he can't read the bills to pay them.

Mike please PM me Charlie's credit card number and expiry date.

So what's does the CJ sales situation seem to be at the moment?

I started a PPC campaign a couple of weeks back to sell a CJ merchant's products , and it was looking quite promising... Then all this bad craziness started, the sales stopped, and I decided that there was no point throwing my money away so I've paused the campaign.
    The trouble is I can't tell whether my lack of sales was genuine, or whether sales were happening but not being reported, and until I have some confidence in CJs reporting I see no point in promoting their merchants.
    CJ are now claiming that everything's back to normal - is this reflected in a return to normal sales levels, or is everything still way down?

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like everything is back to normal. Sales every hour, the normal hr. delay or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast