We've got forums for designing good pages, how about text reviews?

That could apply to text for adverts on ppc engines, meta description tags, text on the page, etc.???

I suppose it still comes under site review tho... just feel like the writing good advertisment text maybe deserves it's own place... the text can make or break huh?

Just a thought... cos I'm in a situation at the minute where I'm trying to do it without much experience of selling.

[ 03-23-2002: Message edited by: WebSearchEngines.net ]

Maybe this could go along with a forum for writing newsletters..

-Joey

Yeah or writing in general... we'll see what happens... I have to say, I really need help with this type of thing and I'm sure others do to....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We've got forums <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> We have forums
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>for designing good pages<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>for designing pages well / for well designed pages / for inticing pages / for pages that sell.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That could apply to text for adverts on ppc engines, meta description tags, text on the page, etc.???

I suppose it still comes under site review tho... just feel like the writing good advertisment text maybe deserves it's own place... the text can make or break huh?

Just a thought... cos I'm in a situation at the minute where I'm trying to do it without much experience of selling.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where does one start?

I need money for this...

Doc

WSE,

The next ABW newsletter will have an article I wrote for a major merchant about preselling, it will help many.

I think a copywriting forum might be best, I'll mull it over, as I doubt many would post answers.

Haiko

Haiko
    Where do we signup for the ABW newsletter?

potato,

By being a member, you are signed up.

I have been so busy that I have only sent one so far ( http://www.abestweb.com/Newsletter/1.htm ),
    anyone who wants to contribute please PM me (4K affiliates reached).

Haiko
    PS No one can accuse me of spamming [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Big Chuck's tip on writing effective ads:

Lie like hell [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    BC, ROFLMAO!

But seriously, (in case anyone is thinking of taking BC's "advice" seriously) if you "lie like hell", you will also get "reversed on like hell" when disillusioned customers send the stuff back! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Haiko is right, though...except for a few general comments, I know *I* wouldn't make many (if any) posts to a forum like that, and I doubt others would be quick to volunteer.

Those who have tried to differentiate themselves from 100 other people trying to sell the same thing, for the same merchant, at the same price...know what I am talking about. In those situations, it comes down to the ad copy and/or the site design (among those with visible listings. If the listing's too low, then THAT becomes an issue)!

[ 04-03-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Some useful reading here would be just about anything by David Ogilvy. He was a print advertising guru in decades past, whose agency became one of the largest anywhere. He did a lot of testing to zero in on what kinds of ads actually sold products, and found they were often quite different from the ads that won creative awards! I can't give exact titles because all my books by him are lent out to friends, but one was "Ogilvy on Advertising" and another was something like "I Can Sell You Anything".

Definitely worth a read if you can find them.

Elisabeth Archambault

Cool... I'll look at that, I'm right at the start really and just trial and erroring... wanna know the right way.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread