I applied too early- Got rejected
    Ok- I got all excited and applied to a bunch of affiliate programs through linkshare and CJ. My website is under construction and not publicized at all.
    Anyway I got rejected by a bunch of the CJ programs with possible reasons including: website under constuction/unaccessible, not enough traffic...

There a few merchants from CJ that I am really interested in that rejected me. Also I have more respect for CJ than Linkshare now- as Linkshare approved me for (I think) everything I applied for. It is nice that CJ is selective and don't just jump into business with every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Now when signed into to CJ I can't even find the merchants I am looking for How do I reapply (not going to be ready for about a month)? I don't really see how you do that.

"My website is under construction"

You shouldn't have applied in the first place.

You'll have to write to the merchants with the site of your working site and ask them if they'll reconsider your site.

Good luck.

Affiliate Manager
    know the feeling
    I'm an affiliate manager for a company who havn't launched as well. We are currently underconstruction and it's hard not to recurit but the key is to NOT. I've rejected many affiliates with the same problem so I know the feeling. Hope everything works out and maybe we could team up when we launch next month. I'll put you on my list to get in the future.

cheapmom:

for now just focus on your site. i would get that off the ground.

it is probably not worth your scarce time resorces now to be applying for progams and all that. I'm not sure how many programs you are talking about here... sounds like you already hav a number to work with.

On the CJ page which displays the complete info on the affiliate programs, its commissions, link category options, there is a email address of that programs manager. You can email them directly and ask them to reconsider their decision. Consider waiting until your site is working smoothly, and maybe even have a few CJ sales. Some vendors are just pickey.

Good luck,
    Steve

On the CJ page which displays the complete info on the affiliate programs, its commissions, link category options, there is a email address of that programs manager. You can email them directly and ask them to reconsider their decision. Consider waiting until your site is working smoothly, and maybe even have a few CJ sales.
    Thanks Steve- I will definately wait until I happy with the site and getting some traffic/sales.
    Thanks everyone else for your input- I didn't realize they would reject me for being under construction. Lesson learned.

I won't approve anyone's site when it is under construction because there are too many liablities out there.

I will though approve someone if they have a homepage that gives me an idea of where they are going and I don't get slammed with a download offer from eXact or Gain...

It also has to be somewhat themeatic. We sell vitamins so please don't apply if your entire site is devoted to credit cards... If you are a shopping mall, sure...

Anyway, that's my rant.

-Lee

P.S. Did you know in 2003, Americans bought $10 BILLION, yes Billion dollars with of vitamins?

hi cheapmom
    we have not launched yet.
    but are going to announce our skin care brand soon.
    if its up your street, give us a shout
    Neil

Hi Cheapmom!

I'm another mom. Started the Affilite thing in October. PM if you have any questions.

Mel

A potential problem though is that merchants are put in the position of guessing as to the marketing strategy of the affiliate. Case in point -- a credit card site which has a section that is geared toward the pharmaceutical/herbal medicine industry may want to market vitamins on a particular page.

Quote Originally Posted by ProHealth
    We sell vitamins so please don't apply if your entire site is devoted to credit cards... If you are a shopping mall, sure...

Under Construction....
    I am an Affiliate Manager on CJ as well. I normally do not let under construction sites into my program just because you never know what the site will end up being. I like to get an idea of the site and if I think it will work with our products.

But sometimes companies have emailed me after being declined and have convinced me to give then a chance. So, go for it! Just get emailing.

All the Best.
    Amanda

Most programs won't accept you if your under construction. It would be like buying a used car without a test drive. With in CJ I try to keep an eye on those pages still under construction just to be sure that maybe they were over anxious by a day or so.
    To find your merchants you can simply click the "Get Links" button.
    on that page you will find all of those merchants applied to. You can even search for them.
    Good luck with your site!

I went through that same instance....... really difficult to get started ALL AT ONE TIME........ "what came first ? the egg or the chicken? " Same with this........ I needed Merchants for my website...... but merchants wanted an already existing website for approvals......... I'm now affiliated with over 600 Merchants...... all done in less than 3 months of ENDLESS hours of work for our shopping website.... now wondering how many "click-thrus" it takes for ACTUAL sales.... have had 500 and NOT one penny in commissions yet......

[QUOTE=Shane Graper]Most programs won't accept you if your under construction. It would be like buying a used car without a test drive.
    [/QUOTE

Yeah, comparing us affs to used cars really shows how clueless you are.

1. Many established affs are not going to put a new adv on a well established site until the program has been tested and proven, if even then.

2. To convert, generally a site or area has to be setup especially designed to promote that adv. That site or area is not going to be set up until the aff has been accepted into the program.

A used car doesn't judge its driver. We affs most certainly judge the AM's and if they treat us like used cars, their program is bound to fail.

Better AM's let people in for a mutial testing period. If it doesn't work, either of you try to end the relationship in the most friendly way possible by doing the "its not you, its me" routine. Or sometimes we affs just stop increasing promotions until it seems things with the program have improved.

Chuck

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread