Custom affiliate program …
    Hello everyone,

I am new to ABW but want to first thank everyone for being so helpful, a lot of your experience and insight is priceless.

We are starting to build a custom affiliate program and my programmer is searching for an 80% open source solution that we can customize to our own specs.

Does anyone know of any open source programs we should be looking at?

Currently we’re looking into:
    http://www.affiliatewiz.com
    * They seem to have some good features, but a lot of time between updates.

And there is also a list of others posted here but they all start to look the same after a while:
    http://www.codejunction.com/scripts/...liate-programs

Thanks for any feedback!!

Talk Soon,
    Ron

P.S. On another note, we really want to learn what affiliate managers need to be successful so we can have it implemented from day one. Any help in this area would also be appreciated.

Ron

We recently put an affiliate program together as well. We decided to use a product called trackingsoft. www.trackingsoft.com

It was high customizable, offers a two tier structure and you can use either a monthly ongoing commission or a one time spiff. The customer service there is awesome, the people are friendly and helpful and will work with you to customize the program to fit your needs. The costs are very reasonable.

Anna
    www.FastTransactOnline.com

Anna,

Thank you! How did you find these guys? Are you using them for any other types of programming?

Thanks again,
    Ron

*Your merchant account site looks nice, and seems more than competitive. If I wasn’t already set up we would have to talk, if I can help you with anything please let me know.

Ron

Just stumbled across them We needed a robust software that could track in multiple ways. we use it for more than affiliates. We have our external sales reps set up as affiliates so they can log in and see their approvals, pendings and declines. Right now we are making a proposal to offer a fully integrated version with our payment gateway. We have several of our merchants that are requesting a package deal.

We have just a wonderful association with these people so I hope they can help you out as well. They sent us a free trial version of their ROI software and we are going to test it out. It is supposed to track marketing campaigns and different sites. Currently we are running four separate affiliate programs from it.

Anna

Anna, thanks again.. I am going to check them out.

If anyone else knows of any other solutions, please let us know.

Ron

Hi Ron,
    I just purchased a script called Post Affiliate Pro. It's in PHP and open source. Relatively easy to modify if you know anything about PHP and-or HTML.

I got the script at http://www.webradev.com

I would post a link for you to see it in action, but that would be a link to my affiliate site and I think that is a no-no here. I'm still new here (under 1 hour old) so I'm walking on tip-toes trying not to violate any rules.

Good luck,

Roy

Roy,

Thanks for the referral, how did you find these guys? Have you noticed any security problems with their software? If you were to do it over again would you use them again?

Thanks again, and please if you would send me your URL I would like to check it out.

Talk Soon,
    Ron

Ron,

I found them while searching for scripts at HotScripts.com. They had received high votes from previous users so I decided to give them a try. They have a forum where bug reports are posted by users - but most of the bugs being reported are actually problems created by new users who aren't sure of what they are doing.

I have not yet discovered any security issues with the script. I have taken a quick walk through much of the code and have not noticed any injection vulnerabilities. There is also a large amount of code within the script tailored towards thwarting attempted exploitation via SQL injection.

Some (but not much) of the HTML used in the scripting is "broken" - tags are not properly terminated. This is easily fixed if you only take a look at the code and know a bit of HTML. Also, I really like the fact that these guys code isn't spread out all across the pages. It's fairly well formatted for ease of reading.

I have spent thousands of dollars purchasing all manner of cgi and php scripts over the past year - including several scripts for management of affiliate programs. In comparison to what I received from these guys at Webradev, I can't believe I wasted so much money on the others. To answer your question bluntly - "Yes", at this time I feel most confident with the PAP script that I mentioned to you.

As for the URL, thanks for asking. I'll be sending it to you after I post this response via PM.

Kind regards,

Roy Pope

Sorry Ron,

I just discovered that I don't have enough posts under my belt to send you a PM. Since this is your thread, and you did specifically request my URL for your review, I'll post it here.

(Moderators, if this is a no-no, please delete)

http://www.VBBranding.com

Just click on the menu items to the left in the Affiliate Programs to get into the script and see it in action.

Regards once more,

Roy Pope

Roy,

Thanks for your help… I will give these guys another look.

Talk Soon,
    Ron

Ron,

Just got off the phone with trackingSoft about their ROI program. It sounds like an awesome product. It will track your marketing campaigns and do datamining. They are currently working on a feature that will track sales on certain sku # if you have an integrated shopping cart.

They sent us a test account to try out for two months to see if we like it. We are getting ready to launch on April 1st to see how it goes.

It is an extremely powerful marketing tool for those of you who are trying different avenues to market your websites. It is written from an affiliate point of view.

Anna

Anna,

You're the greatest... thanks for bringing this to our attention.. please let me know how it goes.

We are going to be working with atlasonepoint.com to do the ROI for our PPC stuff... let me know how your tracking tool compaires.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Ron

Anna,

Craig forwarded me this thread this morning. Thank you for the referral.

Ron,

I know it is rather late in the game, but please feel free to contact me if you are still in the market. If not, keep us in mind as your business needs grow.

Since you mentioned that the scripts are open source and PHP, you should look into PHP 5 compatibility. There is a lot of open source stuff out there (especially content management systems) that is breaking when a web hosting company upgrades their servers from PHP 4.x to PHP 5.

Hi Ron - so what did you end up doing? Sorry my site wasn't up when you were searching and comparing affiliate software features.

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread