Question Home Depot Product Links
    Today I cannot get any products to show up for Home Depot with the "get links" tool. Anyone else?
    Mel

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cool
    I've been trying for 3 weeks to get Computer Geeks to realize 90% of their individual product links have no valid image and probably don't set a tracking cookie if you even used them, after changing the gutted domain computergeeks.com to geeks.com. If they can't serve a image how can the dufuss's program a product link and set a cookie. Office Depot is a LS affiliate managed run program, so don't expect them to be computer literate enough to cure it quick. They can't even expect any expert advice from the lame idiots running Computers-4Sure or Tech Depot. Thank God they are competing networks. Competing to see who can destroy their user base quicker with incompetence normally left to dumb blond jokes.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

It's not a matter of images alone....I literally get Zero results for products I know are there. They sent out an e-mail regarding new copy and such, but it's seems pretty screwed up now?
    Mel

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    More then screwed up it 's a complete disaster. I spent an hour this morning just trying to get some of my hand coded main pages to even load on my site that had ComputerGeeks links. Most all Geeks Images, even when changed to www.geeks.com from the BF provided codes, didn't display. Any Dynamic links, be they text or images locked any affiliates pages from loading if you use layout tables like most.

None of the Befree links displayed in the "get links" section worked properly or took ages to load. No Geek cookies were being set on my system from the links I clicked that went through!!! Seems they, or Befree, or both either have fuc*ed up the data mining redirects or someone HACKED the Geeks server as the address bar URL display locks up with some strange siteID code for referrrer.....the Geek code and my site ID service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37919189&siteid=38727820&bfpid=SR1132CU-B&bfmtype=3 gets whacked when clicked. Home page banner tries this crap coded URL ... http://www.geeks.com/default.asp?sou...BfhzOhAk7wjLbN

http://www.geeks.com/default.asp?sou...BU6zrwAk7wjAER Is someone internal changing ID#s and BF cookie sets, setting a house cookie, or hijacking the affiliate click stream to the GEEKs.

Above all this crap has been going on for over a month with no real action taken... It's about time the Geeks affiliates cherp in here and write the Geeks AM to fix this commissionable link breakdown. They are destroying our own sites page displays and functionality with this cheapskate driven madness. They refuse to pay for hosting images, proper cookie sets and content on the 2 former sites still showing the the BF interface.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread