ABW Ambassador
    Login Down???
    I can enter my login name, password and security code but it then stalls and eventually times out to Page Cannot Be Displayed. Others???

Thursday night is traditionally when we push new code updates, and that is the case. The problems should be resolved shortly, thanks.

Things should be OK now. Thanks!

Unfortunately things are NOT ok. I can login now, but when trying to access links for merchants, the result is:

"Your request was interrupted. We cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

This has been consistent over the last hour or so.
    - I am not young enough to know everything

Still dead....same error message as kmkimmo

Seems to be working now.

ABW Ambassador
    I got in this morning.

Swear to the Goddess of all the networks, SAS seems to have the fewest problems. Not that they don't have their moments. They do but it is rare. All the others seem to have nothing but glitches and down times.

Have CJ and LS both been up and running more than three days in a row at the same time? Probably. But, when was that? 1999, maybe? Surely, not in this century.

What the heck is the matter with them, both? Do their technicians need an adjustment in medications? Do they use the same doctors?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Should we start a betting pool over whether reporting goes dead for the whole weekend again?
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Yeah, but who would we bet against?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

By far, SAS is the most reliable.

Ssanf, I share in your cynicism - especially when I am just trying to put up a few links before calling it a day, and can't even get past a login. It can VERY frustrating.

I, for one, depend on being able to use the networks whenever I need them -- which could be at any given hour of the day or night, 7 days a week. That is, after all, the nature of the internet!

It seems that if these folks were in any other service business, they'd be gone overnight for lack of dependability (and perhaps accountability?) (As an example - my web host who I have had for well over 8 years, has only gone down a total of 5 minutes during that time. Believe me, I track it. I have clients who depend on ME for uptime, so I have to use a hosting service 'I' can depend on.)

I saw in one post the reporting comparison between CJ and SAS - I believe the excuse was volume. Well, it seems only logical that if you have more volume, you have more profit. If you have more profit, you have more to invest in resources. More resources = better service = better reliability -- IF you are smart about it. Of course, that goes for networks other than CJ as well.

If you can't grow and accomodate your increased volume, it's time to revisit Business 101. There simply is no excuse these days.

Too bad there is not more GOOD competition as far as networks go. I think there would be some serious improvements if there were more choices. (I literally have dreams about starting the ultimate network - but wake up and realize I just don't have the knowledge, skills or resources to do that. Too bad.)

Maybe there aren't more networks starting up because merchants sign exclusivity contracts? I don't know, Just a guess.

anyway, ok, I'm done ranting....My rant for the month is complete.

See ya in April

I'm not here as a company spokesperson, just a cog in the wheel, so take this for what it's worth, OK?

Guys, the problems are just as frustrating to us as they are to you, trust me. And by us I mean everyone at Linkshare, from the bottom to the top.

Though we try to test any new code changes well in advance, sometimes some fine tuning is required, other times a monkey wrench just plain ends up where you don't want it. And maintenance, upgrades and occasional glitches are part of running a system as large as ours. Outages happen, to us as well as people like Paypal, Google and others, to name a couple from recent memory.

I can tell you that people in my group are well into their 60th or 70th hour of work for the week and continuing to work to ensure that any lingering issues are resolved.

As I've pointed out in the past, outages happen not because Linkshare doesn't care about our affiliates, or because we want to sabotage your reporting and stats for the weekend, but because we're continually refining and introducing new functionality. Many of the changes we have been working on are things that were discussed at our recent Executive Summit event - improved reporting, better control of who our affiliates are (or claim to be) and so on.

I know it sounds like a pitch, but honestly - our goal is still the same as yours - to help you make money and receive that money as quickly and efficiently as possible.

After reading the above, I realized it may sound defensive, and that was not what I intended. I know that you appreciate having some updates from us when there are issues, so that's my goal.

Many of the recent issues are due to the introduction of new functionality. I think once you see the improvements, you'll be pretty pleased.

Time for some much needed sleep now

You don't sound defensive. I found your discourse refreshing. It didn't sound like so much of the technobabble shell game that comes from some AM around ABW forums.

Your heart came through and I thank you even if I am pissed about the outage!

Fiddlestix!

"Your request was interrupted. We cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Thanks for checking.
    We had to roll in one last change for the night - it should be all good now with no further changes planned for the weekend. I personally verified login and reporting are up, but do let me know if there are any lingering issues.

we're continually refining and introducing new functionality.
    Well, stop it. People don't want a system with "new funtionality". They want a system that works!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread