Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    YES, Tracking is/remains a problem at CJ!
    Since all the CJ tracking problems (yes, I said 'Tracking' and not 'Reporting') started a few weeks ago, my conversion rate has dropped 50-75%. Please spare me the 'Jan/Feb are bad months' and 'did you try a test purchase' replies. Over the past year I have consistiently averaged $10,000+ per month in commissions, so I do have ample data to support my claim. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has experienced a dramatic drop in CR over the past several weeks.

CJ is done. Kaput. Alta Vista. MC Hammer.

Throw it away and get a new one.

ABW Ambassador
    When reporting never catches up completely, what do you call that? The second half of February is now locked in as the worst 2 weeks I remember, going back quite awhile.

There are several notable coincidences with all this. It seems as though the mishap was designed to happen when it did. It begins in a month known to be a slow down period after the holidays. It begins at a time when Google made major changes in policy directed at affiliates, and around the time of a major Google update that left quite a few affiliates losing traffic.

Some of us, like myself, are not primarily dependent on search results, and engage in little or no PPC campaigns. I depend primarily on type-ins, reputation and repeat visitors. A much smaller percentage of visitors are coming via search results. During the tracking/reporting crisis, search results didn't change for me. So, what happened? Why was the second half of February the worst I can remember? In all respects, traffic was as good as it ever was, with the first half of the month a record high.

Kelly I'm right with you there.

It's hard, and it sucks, but it really is time to just toss CJ onto the woodpile with the rest of the dead branches.

When I look at a chart of my conversion ratio at CJ by month, January and February are comparable to October and November. It's lower than December, of course, but I don't see any problems.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

All you have to do is realise how much CJ loves the parasites and how much they promote them to their merchants at every oportunity they get and you can understand why our ratios are going worse and worse.

We have had it in writing on these froums that CJ promotes the worse of the worse to almost every merchant that is in their Network. Don't forget CJ does not give a toss for us smaller affiliates, if they can write one big check to a parasite rather than 1000 checks to us they would much rather do that because it saves them money. The days when they helped us smaller affiliates are well gone and I doubt they will ever come back without some new drastic Internet laws being passed.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    "Over the past year I have consistiently averaged $10,000+ per month in commissions, so I do have ample data to support my claim. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has experienced a dramatic drop in CR over the past several weeks."

Can you post some screen shots of your CR. I checked mine and it's pretty steady.
    Jan 4.8%
    Feb 4.1%
    Mar 4.0%

ABW Ambassador
    We have been doing test purchases on clean machines.

Now we should try doing test orders on PCs that have parasites to see if the so called compliant parasites are stealing our commissions. Make test purchases as and when you feel like it, from a PC with ebates MMM or any of the top moxie applications that CJ loves, and see if it tracks.

The moment any of these orders does not track, let CJ know that that application is not compliant and has broken the TOC, and post the details of the cheating publicly on this board as well. OR you could keep quiet about the details (not tell CJ or anyone else) and instead contact Haiko or Kellie or Ben Edelman who are good at tracking down parasites and let THEM know the details so they can gather the necessary evidence to hopefully stop the theft.

ABW Ambassador
    I should never have posted that a sale tracked. Now my sales stopped. Last sale, event date
    3-Mar-2005 12:21 PST

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Great advice WomanHT giving the results of the infected system test purchases to the experts for analizing who hijacked or got the commission. Add in the 180Solutions wanks to the tests done by ABWers to see what fellow affiliates are doing the dirty with our earnings. Pick know infested parasite friendly merchnats and remember to cancel all the sales after a suitable reporting period.

Just the act of installing the crapware and surfing your best SERP keywords and browsing the SERP sites, putting yourself in the shoppers shoes, and click through to the checkout process will enlighten all testers to how evil and persistant these bastards are... Some may even become adept at seeing the forced cookie overwrites and even view pops on their own pages. Some friggin BHO apps will actually pop and set cookies when your not even surfing web sites....LOL.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ilsconn
    Since all the CJ tracking problems (yes, I said 'Tracking' and not 'Reporting') started a few weeks ago, my conversion rate has dropped 50-75%. Please spare me the 'Jan/Feb are bad months' and 'did you try a test purchase' replies. Over the past year I have consistiently averaged $10,000+ per month in commissions, so I do have ample data to support my claim. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has experienced a dramatic drop in CR over the past several weeks.
    I have the same problem. About $8000 a month every month and February drop to $5000 although traffic was the same.
    CJ is Kaput!

Nice to see the larger income affiliates come forth and tell all us normal 200.00/month affiliates that their CJ commission are dropping substancially. Like I said last month. For the first time since I joined CJ shortly after they opened shop ...I didn't make the $25 minimum to get a check for January. As Ecomcity goes ...so goes all other legit affiliate earnings.

I for one will allow the drive-bys and a few hidden bundled load of crapware onto my system with shields down to see what the general shopper sees. I suggest the large and small affiliate legit players to do the same and OUT the commission stealing bastards and notify the merchants here who are targeted by the sleezeballs.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Here are my recent conversions on CJ:

Oct: 8.49%
    Nov: 10.57%
    Dec: 13.91%
    Jan: 10.13%
    Feb: 8.57%
    Mar: 9.04%

My mix of merchants has changed somewhat over that time. I added Ebay in February, and they're pulling the numbers down a bit. Looking at CR charts for individual merchants, I'm seeing very consistent numbers across the board. In fact, for some I'm seeing even better numbers in January, February, and March than in December. About the only exception I see is ecampus.com, which is very seasonal.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Nice to see the larger income affiliates come forth and tell all us normal 200.00/month affiliates that their CJ commission are dropping substancially. Like I said last month. For the first time since I joined CJ shortly after they opened shop ...I didn't make the $25 minimum to get a check for January. As Ecomcity goes ...so goes all other legit affiliate earnings.
    and I didn't make the $25 minimum to get a check for February, so I won't get a payment from CJ this month. But, c'est la vie.

I will think positive, December is almost around the corner.

Sal.

Cool
    For those not in the know... Michael is a legit couponer/deal site playing the cart abandonment game to achieve above normal conversions as many of his cookies get set when customers are already in the checkout process. Wonder what he'd do if Google/Yahoo banned the term "coupon" from their SERPs and PPCSE's. I'm sure a feed plays right into his hands too as those few hundred thousand SERP fodder pages snag shoppers coming through that "incent" cart backdoor seeking coupons/deals.

I'd suggest to all newbees they develop this proven "incent" affiliate mass marketing plan coupled with e-mail list marketing for starters. This will allow you to scew conversion stats in your favor and maybe, just maybe, allow you to come here and consistantly show these common tricks out produce the labor intensive showcase pre-sell tripe that is just cannon fodder for incenters and BHO's.

Just remember it is impractical to practice cookie stuffing from anything but a coupon/deal site as the prior Titanium Award winners so easily grasped.

One day last week I had 5, 22.00 commissions show up for citibank. I was 99.9% sure they weren't mine. Sure enough today they have been reversed. Whose were they? Where did they come from? How many other things are messed up?

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, maybe it shows that when you give people what they want or what affiliates should have posted on their own site, conversions are high. Also that he gets a lot of return traffic. Building a sticky type of site also helps your conversions.

For those not in the know... Michael is a legit couponer/deal site playing the cart abandonment game to achieve above normal conversions as many of his cookies get set when customers are already in the checkout process. Wonder what he'd do if Google/Yahoo banned the term "coupon" from their SERPs and PPCSE's.
    Mike, you're clueless. I don't "play the cart abandonment game". Don't presume to know what percent of my customers are already in the checkout process when they visit my site. I suspect that it's very few, and I'm in a much better position to know than you are. I don't stuff cookies or trick people into clicking my links, which is one reason my conversion ratios are so high. Google and Yahoo can ban "coupon" from SERPs and PPC and it would have virtually no impact on me.

Whether I run a coupon site or not makes absolutely no difference. The point I made is still the same. If there were tracking problems, I would be affected too. My conversion ratios have remained consistent.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

???????
    please take into account the newbie,
    [still learning status] that i have..
    but why are some of you working for networks
    that promote others to steal your commision,, ???
    am i missing somthing here???
    if so, please wise me up,
    if not, then some of you need a check-up , from the neck-up..

My drop has only been the last week or so. I was making a steady 10k and up a month, but now only a bit over 100 a day.

What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!
    Some chipper, motivated folks are industrious enough to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off to keep current coupon codes on their site. What a great service!

If I lose a customer to a coupon pusher because I didn't bother to post a current code on my site (I hardly ever post coupon codes), so be it. They earned it.

Still, it takes some strange sort of paranoid delusion to attribute sudden 80% EPC drops to "cart abandonment to go find a coupon code", as coupon/promo codes are not a new thing under the sun.

I agree with Ecom. However, when I look at some of the monthly commission figures being thrown around in here I can't help but smell some If I was getting anything near to 10K a month I sure as hell wouldn't be in here complaining.

I think the attitude of "my tracking/reporting has been fine, so all of it must be" doesn't make a whit of sense.

The problem could be attached to particular merchants or even caused by one or two of the assorted cj urls.

Too many variables here to assume because you're not seeing anything wrong, others aren't.

If I was getting anything near to 10K a month I sure as hell wouldn't be in here complaining.
    I'll bet you would if it was inexplicably decreased by 70%.

I don't believe I was complaining...just talking part of a conversation. And I also bet you would be if it decresed by 70%, whether you're making 10k or 4k...it's a big/painful drop.

"I'll bet you would if it was inexplicably decreased by 70%."

With increased traffic, to boot.

""my tracking/reporting has been fine, so all of it must be"

Yep it's easy to say "ohh, I got a sale a few hours ago" and figure everything's OK, if that's what you are used to.

When you're used to at least several hundred dollars on your worst day, it's not easy to say everything's OK when the same traffic levels barely generate lunch money before the sun goes down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast