Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Got a brick and mortor store I can borrow?
    Hi all,

The topic sounds crazy but bare with me. I have a vendor that will not sell me products unless I have a Brick and Mortor store (They changed there policy and stopped accepting internet only and ebay store applications).

THe product I am trying to purchase is exclusive to the manufacturer and cannot be purchased elsewhere at wholesale. So my delima(SP?) is that they need either a picture of a storefront (with my company name on it, I assume, but maybe not, Ive seen many stores with a little sign that displays there company name) "Jpegs of store fronts " is what they specificaly noted in the reseller agreement, or a letter head from a store/mall that tells them that I have been setup and selling products there for at least 6months.

I really have nowhere left to turn, and I am willing to grease palms if need be (Im still the small guy happy to recieve commission check for 56$ so keep this in mind )

If anyone can help me out.. please pm me.. thanks a million.

take care.

This may help "So, we do need to be able to document your booth/table space at this mall. Maybe you can ask the owner of this property to send in a letter on their company letterhead stating your business dealings as a vendor. This would need to include the frequency of your selling dates. Usually we ask for the past 5-6 show dates you have sold at, if they are conventions or shows. If it more like a kiosk in a mall, then any contract from the company you are leasing from would be sufficient."

Can anyone help out? maybe tell them I have a small corner in your store that I sell products on the weekend or special events. I dont know if this sounds like a lot to ask, if it does, please let me know. I am willing to sell my libido for this account.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbalkent
    This may help "So, we do need to be able to document your booth/table space at this mall. Maybe you can ask the owner of this property to send in a letter on their company letterhead stating your business dealings as a vendor. This would need to include the frequency of your selling dates. Usually we ask for the past 5-6 show dates you have sold at, if they are conventions or shows. If it more like a kiosk in a mall, then any contract from the company you are leasing from would be sufficient."

Can anyone help out? maybe tell them I have a small corner in your store that I sell products on the weekend or special events. I dont know if this sounds like a lot to ask, if it does, please let me know. I am willing to sell my libido for this account.

I don't know about you but, all that sound like cheating and lying and not been honest.

Why do you not rent a small corner in a Flea-Market in your City and then be able to sell products on the weekend or special events, that way it will look like you're at least, really trying to run a legitimate business.

I don't know where you are located but, in most Cities the rent at the Flea-Markets are not that expensive.

Sal.

I do have a flea market booth, but they need at least 4 events under my belt, I just started, so Ive only done 1 event (1 weekend). I do not intend to be dishonest in any way or form. But it will take a month before I even qualify, and we all know a month is a life time.

I do really need this account, as they have an item that my customers demand, and I can only get it through them (They are the the only distributor).

I am really at a loss

I take it my libido offer isnt good enough?

I do have a flea market booth, but they need at least 4 events under my belt, I just started, so Ive only done 1 event (1 weekend). I do not intend to be dishonest in any way or form. But it will take a month before I even qualify, and we all know a month is a life time.

I do really need this account, as they have an item that my customers demand, and I can only get it through them (They are the the only distributor).

I am really at a loss
    In that case, here is one idea.

Why don't you ask the others flea-marketers that have their booth near yours, maybe one of them will help you with that.

Many years ago when we had a booth on our local Flea-Market, sometimes we traded space with one of our flea-marketers neighbor. We used a table to display some of their merchandise on our booth and they used a table to display some of our merchandise on their booth, that way we both benefit whether the foot traffic was going North to South or East to West.

I take it my libido offer isnt good enough?
    You sound so, before you make a deal with try talking with your flea-marketers neighbor first.

Sal.

I will do that, thx sal.

oh, and the devil stopped making deals with me something about needing a picture of my fire and brimstone before he would set up my account.. buh dun dun

Talking
    I am willing to sell my libido for this account.
    sounds like your desparate...

Send me a PM... maybe I can help..

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

and the devil stopped making deals with me something about needing a picture of my fire and brimstone before he would set up my account.. buh dun dun
    Take your pick:

Just look at the

OR

Just look at the

Sal.

I would go to a nearby store and take a picture and change the name of their sign to yours using photshop on the computer.

NYFalcon... lol, i did think about that., lol, even thought of sending a picture of my desktop with a storefront wallpaper, (since that wouldnt be lying too badly.,)

The more i think about this the more it is easier to do, You dont even have to take a picture. Borrow one from the internet. I stink at photoshop though so I cant help you there. Make belive its my store I gave you permision you will not be lying.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Darnit, NYFalcon beat me to the photoshop suggestion!

How about just printing off a letter yourself? Letterheads aren't that hard to generate in a word processor program...

Another thought is, maybe you can go to the manufacturer itself and skip this idiot distributer altogether? Or become a distributer yourself, and wreck the idiot's monopoly big time, muaa haa haa...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Just get a d.b.a. certificate at your local town hall and send them a copy of that. This and sales tax certificate are usually the only two documents that a vendor will expect you to furnish.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's only if the vendor has sense. Unfortunately, they have the same range of stupidity as online merchants.

I know of one my mother dealt with, who wouldn't deal unless the customer had a business phone and a listing in the phone book! They didn't even ask for the standard stuff.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

thanks leader and Choco Chicken,

But the distributor is the merchant. I thought about the same thing, skip the middle man, inquire direct with the manufacturer, but that would work if the manufacturer and distributer where seperate entities. But they arent. kinda sux too since its got to be thier way. I can see why they may have stopped taking applications from internet only or ebay only stores. but if they took a look at my site and the past dealings ive had with other manufacturers they would see that it is in both of our best interests to start this relationship. But i doubt they will want to talk about or negotiate those means.

choco, ive sent them my d.b.a, resale certificate, and ein#, they still want proof of a brick and mortor,

Im going to try some of the things you guys said, and we'll see what goes.

ABW Ambassador

Hi, Verbalkent,

Would it be possible to rent a storage shed with an electrical outlet
    and go into business youself manufacturing this "widget" thus bypassing this Little King?

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

I do not intend to be dishonest in any way or form.
    Of course you do. That is what this whole thread is about. Your mother never told you lying and decieving are dishonest? What kind of upbringing did you have anyway?

You not only are willing to sell your libido for a month advantage but your integrity, such as you may have left, as well. And, you are trying to get others to help you do it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

In todays day and age and all the fraud that is going around, as a manufacturer I would also want to know where my product is going. They probably have been hit too many times with shipping product out and it being stolen. Unfortunately for you, you are paying the price for a few bad apples. Find a way to do it legitemately, if they discover you tried to scam them, then they won't ship you product. So you are ou either way. It is unfortunate that the honest have to pay for the dishonest.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sounds like someone's bent idea to circumvent a highly sought after BRAND who's distribution methods demand 100% accountability to their customer base. Sony -Panasonic -Xerox are just a few who do require customer facing storefronts to get reseller prices.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

If you can do it legitimately by having a flea market stand for a month, then do the requisite up front work, cool your jets and do it that way.

Not saying I am so goody two shoes that I can't be bought. But, tell you what. I sure as hell wouldn't be cheap! Sounds like you can be had pretty darned cheap.

(Of course, no one is standing in line making offers, either! So, not sure I can be bought at any price at all. Just leaving the door open for my own human fraility.)
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

You know what amazes me is that the are a bunch of you folks who do nothing but rant and rave how unscrupulous people are stealing your clicks and that your industry needs to be cleaned up from these folks. Now read this string and you'll see a bunch of suggestions to scam a distributor into giving you product. Before you demand integrity from others demand it of yourself first.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlink
    You know what amazes me is that the are a bunch of you folks who do nothing but rant and rave how unscrupulous people are stealing your clicks and that your industry needs to be cleaned up from these folks. Now read this string and you'll see a bunch of suggestions to scam a distributor into giving you product. Before you demand integrity from others demand it of yourself first.
    My suggestion on this thread was, is and still be a legit one.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlink
    Now read this string and you'll see a bunch of suggestions to scam a distributor into giving you product.
    Bunch being the operative word.
    I did not say all suggestions, refer to the fake letterhead, someone elses storefront with the name change.............. I am glad to see others encouraging legitamacy and integrity.

I have no intention to scam, I really would like to this the legit way, but as a business and with customer demand for a product that is offered from only 1 outlet, I have to find alternatives to aquire these goods, unfotunantly, there is no alternative if I want to get the product in a timely fashion. I have emailed them with the possibility of putting me into some sort of probationary period, giving me enough time to establish and achieve the needed criteria while also showing them that I am a serious purchaser, thus making the relationship a positive for both of us.

Starlink, and others thinking Im doing this for negative reasons, pause, and look at it for what it is. I am not trying to manipulate the system in order to cheat the end user, if I had affiliates, my trying to aquire a promising product which I will purchase with legal currancy in no way can be compared to click stealing or the such.

simply put, I have the money and the necessary legal documents which are (commonly) required by manufacturers in order to set up a reseller account, but in this case, I have no brick and mortor store (Yet). With the majority of us on this board who's business is NET ONLY, then this should be familiar with most of you. A brick and mortor store is not possible for me at this time.

What if you opened a site, started putting affiliate links on to it, and one day, you get word of a great product that hits your niche right on the head, but the requirements to become an affiliate is to have proof of a Brick and Mortor store? will you roll over and give up?

This is all I have, so giving up is not an option. I have all the legal documents such as a D.B.A., a EIN, Reseller Certificate, etc, so im not a half shot fly by night ebay net store, or play play business. I spent time and money to acquire the necessary legal documents to build my small business legaly. So I again say.. I do understand why they have stopped taking apps from ebay and net stores, becuase the majority of them think the extent of opening a "real" business is registering a domain name, and bulding the pages. Not I, I took the necessary courses of actions to establish a real business and would like the manufacturer to see that.

What Im going to do, is send them a photo of my desktop.. and a photo of my front door to my apartment. That is my business, Ive even had local customers come to my doors (though not the preferable method of transactions) to make a purchase. It aint a lie, and it aint dis-honest, if that plus the documentation that I have is not enough , then I have to find other means..

Its easy to point the finger saying that some of the suggestions givin to me are un-ethical when the whole of your business plan is comprised of a domain, a site, and some links. But when you have all of the documents required by state and federal law to conduct business, then wouldnt it seem a little fustrating to have a wrench thrown in that plan by 1 factor that has nothing to do with legality?

did I mention that I have ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY STATE AND FEDERAL LAW TO CONDUCT AND OPERATE AS A BUSINESS?

ok, time for a big bowl of apple jacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast