Arrow Is Corey Rudl genuine or is it just hype?
    In seven years of working full-time on the net I've never been tempted to buy any online business success package because of my cynical nature. But the testimonials on Corey Rudl seem soooo genuine and he seems to be genuine in what he says (his site is marketingtips.com BTW).

Have been doing a lot of research on Corey Rudl to see if he is legit or not. Some of his techniques seem dubious - such as promising a huge discount before a particular date; the date, of course, keeps changing ad infinitum - but can anybody give an insight into what his rather expensive webmaster package contains? Are there really 'secrets' out there which explain why the people on his site are making more in a month than I do in a year despite me working my socks off?

Cheers in advance for any feedback

Three letter answer: MLM

MLM does not equal AM
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Is Corey Rudl genuine or is it just hype?
    Not only is it pure MLM garbage, he has been reported to overwrite his own affiliates cookies with his own.

Hmmmm .... no real great shock there!

So, I'll dare say that he's a genuine MLM garbage man in my opinion.

{some may not agree with "my opinion" ... so visit his MLM garbage sites for your own educated decision factoring}
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I met Corey about six years ago at a trade show conference. I was impressed with some of his ideas and methods. Like anyone else he is in the business to make money. If you can filter through some of the hype you will find some nuggets that work quite well. Use your descretion and trust your instinct.

Anna

He's smarter than the people who purchase his "product".
    I say we hit it hard and we hit it fast with a major, and I mean "major" leaflet campaign.
    Arnold J. Rimmer : Jupiter Mining Corporation

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    because of my cynical nature
    Your cynical nature has saved you allot of money. He is legit, HYPE!

He is good at what he does, with a great sales spin. Just like late night infomercials.

Save your money and buy 2 more "keyword" product domains instead and create your own sales page (site). Your ROI will be quarranteed even if you don't update your site for six months, but will not be quarranteed with Corey Rudl.

Affiliate Manager
    How does "MLM" differ from a "pyramid scheme"?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    >How does "MLM" differ from a "pyramid scheme"?

Please don't confuse MLM / pyramid schemes with multi-tiered affiliate programs.

Although I'm not in favor of tiered affiliate programs, if you do not have to pay ANYTHING to get in it may not be a MLM / pyramid scheme.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    How does "MLM" differ from a "pyramid scheme"?
    In this State at least, it seems to be more of a some type of legal definition/distinction. In a small town a few miles from me a few years ago the Sheriff's Department all fell for some type of Internet pyramid scheme. Sounded like MLM to me when it was described. Turned out here it was considered a pyramid thing which is illegal. Media loved it and the Sheriff's Department was more than embarrassed. Needless to say the folks behind it went down.

[/QUOTE]How does "MLM" differ from a "pyramid scheme"?[QUOTE]

Hope this helps...

What is a Pyramid? (Ponzi or Chain Letter)

"A fraudulant, illegal, business practice in which the chain of distribution of products is artificially expanded by an excessive number of distributors selling to other distributors at progressively higher wholesale prices."

SOURCE: Barron's Business Guides-Dictionary of Business Terms

What is Multi-Level Marketing?

"A selling technique involving direct contact with the customer through the network of independent distributors so named because the system makes use of sellers at a number of different levels in the organization. Each buyer taking responsibility of finding further sellers as well as trying to sell the products."

SOURCE: "The Oxford Dictionary of New Words" Oxford University Press

An example::

"A pyramid scam rocked the state of Kansas in the mid 1980's. In this scam, Activator Supply Company sold ''activator kits'' to investors that would allow them to grow milk-based bacteria cultures for resale to “Culture Farms” who, according to the marketing hype, processed them and sold them to “Cleopatra's Secret” who used them to make cosmetics.

This was a dream come true for anyone wanting to make a good living from home, everyone who joined was paid as promised and every single mom in Kansas frantically worked, borrowed or begged to raise the money necessary to buy the “activator kit” necessary to join the program. It was a real moneymaker until regulators shut them down.

Investigators determined that the program was a hoax - there was no existing market for the cultures that these home based entrepreneurs were growing. The companies involved were empty shells and no cosmetics were actually produced. The system was set up like a circle where the “cultures” the people grew and sent to “Culture Farms” were returned to the Activator Supply, Co. to be resold as “activator kits.”

The people who invested had no idea – although they were making money, and lots of it, they had no way to know that the money they made was taken directly from the investments of subsequent investors.

This case is a classic example in which the entire scheme is exposed when you peek behind the curtain."

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    the money they made was taken directly from the investments of subsequent investors.
    That's the key of a Ponzi scheme! The newbies are the real source of the supposed "profits" paid to the old-bies. But no REAL profit is happening.

A lot of times, these eventually collapse under their own weight when the con artist(s) running them can no longer recruit enough newbies to deliver the promised (fake) "profits" the ever-growing amount of old-bies.

These schemes aren't confined to product sales. Sometimes, a Ponzi-schemer will claim that the source of it's "profits" are from amazingly (to the point of unbelievability) profitable investments in some kind of financial instrument. When it crashes, it turns out that they never really invested anything of note, and were just cycling the money through from new suckers.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

In seven years of working full-time on the net I've never been tempted to buy any online business success package because of my cynical nature. But the testimonials on Corey Rudl seem soooo genuine and he seems to be genuine in what he says (his site is marketingtips.com BTW).
    Be happy if you have not spent any money on that package yet.

I joined that program in 1999 and last year I took notice of that program after I saw this thread: Marketing Expert is Scamming his Affiliates

Why do I wait all that time to do a real check of that program?
    Well...... since It was on one of my old pages and I made $65.00 profit once and since it never cost me any money, I didn't bother to delete that page.

All I can say now about that program is sorry, just do your own search on ABW and figured out but, don't waste your money before you search here and in other places.

Sal.
    Hint: 5 years, from 20 to 75 direct clicks a month, 1 sale,

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    That's the key of a Ponzi scheme! The newbies are the real source of the supposed "profits" paid to the old-bies. But no REAL profit is happening.

A lot of times, these eventually collapse under their own weight when the con artist(s) running them can no longer recruit enough newbies to deliver the promised (fake) "profits" the ever-growing amount of old-bies.

These schemes aren't confined to product sales. Sometimes, a Ponzi-schemer will claim that the source of it's "profits" are from amazingly (to the point of unbelievability) profitable investments in some kind of financial instrument. When it crashes, it turns out that they never really invested anything of note, and were just cycling the money through from new suckers.
    Bringing this close to home you can Google Cyberebates MLM/Ponzi scheme run through the Linkshare network. Lovely concept feeding off the greed mindset fueling a slew of ebay auctions. Buy something for 80.00 with your CC that's selling everywhere for 49.95. Post it for sale or reserve auction price at 39.00 on the PROMISE you'd get a 50.00 rebate from CyberRebates base of Adwhore merchants. A few Lear jet purchases, some Mgmt mansions and Boxters for everyone dented the Ponzi scheme float money. BAMM as those couponer/rebate abritrage playas all took it in the shorts, when guarantees turned to broken payment promises collapsing like a house of cards.

Smart players like Upromise learn to push the promised payout
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thank you for the feedback. Think I will stay away from this one.

For what it's worth, MLM programs are not the only ones run by people who might let you down (as you know too well, Haiko, with the work we commissioned you to do for us - (remember i-matchbooks.com?) and 20 emails and six months later hadn't even started + the talk about your affiliate tracking software which was never launched).

Affiliate programs are no more ethical than MLM. Despite their sharp suits, the merchants and advertising agencies running them have few scruples. About 25%-30% of the purchases I make through my own affiliate links don't earn me any commission. Over 7 years full-time in affiliate marketing, I have dug-out numerous merchants who have had faulty tracking. When I report the problems, they will eventually concede there is/was a problem, but just say "it was a temporary hitch". Trying to get any compensation for them for lost revenue is like getting blood out of stone. Just imagine how much money we've all lost.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread