RSS Equalizer, thoughts?
    Little of a background what I am trying to do: I have hobby site (celebrity fan site) more of a content than a sales site. Want to add News/headlines only related to that "celebrity". While searching for a tool to incorporate headlines to the site i found Rss Equalizer. Has anyone used it or know if its worth it.

Or can anyone please suggest any alternative(s)? Please note that I am not that tech savvy in this area/RSS.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Maybe it was lost in the pitch-speak, but it wasn't clear to me where they were pulling the content FROM. The information in the RSS has to come from somewhere?

I do use RSS here and there, and it's a nice way to pull in a few snippets of dynamic content. There's plenty of free scripts out there. I use an object in my CMS wrapped around one called "Magpie RSS" that works good (PHP).

As for data sources, there's lots of free ones out there, but some of them have stipulations that you can't use them for commercial pages without paying a fee. Topix.net is a good one.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Maybe it was lost in the pitch-speak, but it wasn't clear to me where they were pulling the content FROM. The information in the RSS has to come from somewhere?
    Exactly, I am wondering the same thing. And thats the main question, where to get the data from?

Thanks for "Magpie RSS", seems to be good. Let me see if it works for me.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

From what I understand they pull content from Ezinearticles.com and sites such as this. Hope this helps...

Actually I was thinking of Article Equalizer. Here is a review of both and more: http://www.shermanhu.com/software-reviews/

Leadstampede.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread