Google problems
    For some reason this week google has been really messed up. Since Monday at about 4pm every day my ads just stop. After 4 days Google support answered that is was probably because my daily budget was set too low. Well their budget is WAY off target, but I changed everything to $1000 even though it's not even close to what I would spend. It was still happening after the change, yesterday at 4pm all ads stopped. I went in and tried the budget at $10,000 a day and everything screeched to a halt. I had no impressions at all, nothing. So this morning I changed all the campaigns back to their recommended budget, but still nothing.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Have they just shut me down and I just don't know it yet? I have no idea why, my ads are all in compliance and they have a valid credit card for billing. I just don't understand (and I'm still not getting answers from Google support). I'm new at this (only been a few months), but I think I know enough to get around. Any solutions out there?

Thanks in advance
    Kristina

You say you're new at this, but are able to afford a budget of $10,000 a day?

I must be doing something wrong then, because I been doing this for more than five years and I don't know what to say.

Sal.

No, what I said is that Google is telling me that my daily budget has been exceeded. I had my campains set to $100 a day, though I only spend about $10-15 a day at the most. It's not that I would even imagined I could do $100 a day... it's what they MADE me put in. When I run the 'recommend budget' as the adwords support told me to, it said recommended at $2500 a day. I can't imagine why this is happening? Something is definitely wrong with either google or at least my account is corrupted. There's nothing I can do about it. I even tried starting a new whole account today and start over from scratch (I don't have that many ads)... but it wouldn't let me. It says that my keywords don't exist and I'm over my daily budget. Support says my account is fine, but obviously if my ads are not running, there is a problem.

I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to computer problems and advertise elsewhere.

ABW Ambassador
    Question Google's Programmers

Perhaps Google has lost some highly experienced programmers and the new
    replacement "credentials" are just flailing away trying to understand the Google system.

Somewhere I read an opinion that software is the hardest thing Mankind has ever attempted.

RadarCar, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Saw the same thing here.
    There's something wrong with their budget prediction model for sure.

Hi kristinacy,

Sorry You're having trouble... I wouldn't go over their recommend daily amount You may confuse them or something... Are You sure Your bids a high enough to compete with Your competitors?... I was having that problem until I gave it a little bump to get my ad up to where it could be seen... Becareful with that credit card though.

Hope You get it, and Love You,
    HumbleFish

Apparently there is a problem with the "New and Improved" Google billing system. Please don't try this (because it will shut your ads down completely), but when you go in to change a credit card, which I did on Friday, it declines EVERY credit card... no matter what you put in... and shuts you don't completely. A totally wasted weekend in Google world. I'm not thrilled about this, to say the least... but there is nothing I can do. They say they are 'working on it'. Just don't change your credit cards or budgeting or you'll be in the same boat as me and many others.

Wow! This weekend I finally bit the bullet and set up my first adwords campaign since my traffic has been so dismal lately. I guess this must not be affecting new credit cards because my new account set up just fine.

Affiliate Manager
    That makes sense, if google couldn't charge new cards then you won't have a balance in the first place to draw from. We are investigating our google account also.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread