Anyone use Yahoo hosting?
    I'm interested in finding out if anyone uses Yahoo for ecommerce hosting. I have approximately 30,000 items in my catalog, using Miva Merchant, but am looking at possibly switching over to Yahoo. The 10G storage and 200G transfer seem pretty enticing. Now that they no longer charge a monthly fee per item, it now makes it viable to transfer over to them. Would like to hear any positive/negative comments about them and their catalog builder that they include with hosting.
    Thanks

I would like to hear any good or bad stories about Yahoo hosting as well.

I am getting out of the web dev business, and a few customers are looking for other reliable hosts that are not local small businesses.

Thanks

John

We are thinking about using GoDaddy hosting.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

We don't need ecommerce, however.

Not sure if they still do it, but at one point Godaddy was blocking search engine spiders. Yowch!

No Way! Thanks for the heads up! How long ago was this????

I used godaddy briefly but was hit with some down times at the worst possible times. Not much support for their hosting either. I went ahead and signed up with yahoo and have been playing with their ecommerce package. So far it seems pretty good and I haven't had any problems. There is a bit more of a learning curve versus using say Miva Merchant for ecommerce. Can't beat the price however and by the looks of how many cj,shareasale merchants using Yahoo, I would say they're probably a safe bet for quality hosting.

Like how easy it is to setup with Yahoo but they can be very strict about some of their legal and policies so if your comfortable with that then you should be ok. But I had a friend's site get shut down because he was doing banner traffic on an "unapproved yahoo marketing partner". Pretty lame sounding to me, but yes definetly a learning curve from Miva. A good hosting company I have been using is interland.net they offer great programs and free adwords if you sign up with them for some of their packages, reasonable rates, and always super FAST turn arounds on support or anything I require from them.

Dane Calder
    Technology Manager
    Market Leverage
    www.marketleverage.com

I have seen numerous search engine problems with sites hosted at Yahoo. It may be due to their network architecture, but if you do a reverse IP lookup on one of their IP addresses, it shows that they host 40,000+ sites on a single IP address.

Also, the performance is generally horrible. This is likely due to a grossly excessive number of sites on each server.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread