Linkshare order reports - When do they update?
    Does anyone know when the reports for actual orders show up? Do they do these updates on the weekend, or is it only done on business days?

Normally they post daily, but they my stats show they haven't posted all weekend. This happened last weekend too.

Question
    Well, are they going to have live stats with the new system? I have no idea.

huhu

...and the weekend before that, and the weekend before that...
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare updates at various times throughout the day depending upon when the merchant transmits data to them. When the system is working properly I get an update for a particular merchant at the same time each day. For example, at 2:45 a.m. Eastern, I get order data for a particular merchant each day. For another merchant, that time is 6:45 a.m. Eastern and so on.

Linkshare has been reporting on a timely basis all of this past weekend so if you've received no updates, either there is something occurring with a particular merchant or you had no sales.

>>>or you had no sales

oh, well . . .

Affiliate Manager
    The "no weekend sales issue" can usually be tied to if a merchant ships on the weekend or not. Merchants do not report a sale to LinkShare until that order is shipped - if a merchant does not ship during the weekend then it looks like there were no sales.

You can usually expect to see a large Tuesday for merchants like this - as they are catching up and shipping out weekend orders then.

Plow & Hearth, HearthSong, and Magic Cabin are all merchants like this except for peak seasons such as Holiday when orders are flying out of the warehouse all week long.

Best,
    Joey Porterfield

I have a merchant that posts every morning at 1:00 AM EST. I hadn't seen a single sale since the beginning of the month ... UNTIL 1:00 a.m. this morning, when sales dating back to 3/1 totalling $900 finally posted.

Same thing happened last weekend. No sales for four days, then all of a sudden they posted. Usually, they post every day, including the weekends.

That's pretty common for me with a few merchants. Nothing all weekend and then 3 days of backfilling.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I just did some test orders on 2/27 with LS for Avon and the Body Shop. These orders still have not appeared in the reports. Is this normal? It seems the other affiliates are reporting nearly the same day.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Snapmobile,
    Some of our merchants report transactions on the date the order ships. I know that Body Shop reports on the ship date. Every merchant is different. This also depends on when the merchant sends LinkShare the transaction data. Some merchants send us data hourly, while others send it daily.

If you are having problems with a certain merchant, you may want to contact them directly. There should be a contact email in the merchant's profile. To get this information go to Program Controls listed under Your Account tab and select the merchant from the dropdown menu.

Ranae

I don't think I have ever seen a sale over the weekend post.

I just figured they didn't post on the weekends, because on Monday or Tuesday I see orders.
    At first I thought, hey these sites & merchants are popular on Mondays, ha ha.
    Could be, but now I believe the merchants I use don't post sales and/or ship over the weekend.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread