Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    15 years and counting
    Legal Entity Registration
    Was looking for my Feb payment report status and saw the new "Legal Entity Registration"
    You need to log in
    Than go to "Your Account"
    At the bottom of the left column just above Deactivate My Account and below the new???? Merchant Payment History and Payment Reports.

"LinkShare has introduced an enhanced affiliate registration and management system. We think this enhanced affiliate registration and management system will provide you with greater control over your business activities with LinkShare through one master account. This is a necessary first step toward paving the way to future enhancements that will give you and your merchant partners better tools to manage your affiliate programs. It will also help you create different marketing channels within your master account. These marketing channels will help you track your transaction activity on a channel-specific and targeted basis. Most importantly, this enhanced system will also set the stage for our launch of consolidated payment and direct deposit services later this spring. "

well, that wasn't too painful. only screwed up the first time I tried to enter date of birth. didn't realize the example was to be taken verbatim: use the "/"'s.

I just updated my main account without any problems. Now I have questions that I see no answers to on Linkshare.

I have another account with Linkshare (thanks to merchants that migrated to them and conveniently set me up a separate account) and I can't update that account because it needs the same company name and tax ID. I see no where to combine this account with the main account.

Has anyone done this yet? If so, how?

And there has been mention of "channels". Where are they? Where do they get defined?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm going to wait till other people test this out

Does anybody know the last day we have to do this by?

Wink Beware (Linkshare's) Ides of March
    I have another account with Linkshare (thanks to merchants that migrated to them and conveniently set me up a separate account) and I can't update that account because it needs the same company name and tax ID. I see no where to combine this account with the main account.
    Linda, I was wondering about the same thing. I presume that if we enterthe same company name and tax ID for the second account then Linkshare would have to combine them automatically - These are just my thoughts Could anyone from Linkshare confirm this - Sarah please?

Does anybody know the last day we have to do this by?
    according to what I understood from the letter sent out by Linkshare, the legal entity registration has to be done before the end of March.

Linda, I was wondering about the same thing. I presume that if we enterthe same company name and tax ID for the second account then Linkshare would have to combine them automatically
    Nope, won't work. I tried that and received an error stating that "that company name and tax ID is already assigned to another account. Contact LS fraud department."

Sorry LS but I don't have the time or inclination to contact the fraud department to hear them say that they don't know anything about how to fill out their new form.

The least they could do is put up instructions on the site explaining how the form should be filled out. 99% of it needs no explanation but I would like to see something on the missing 1% like how to combine accounts.

If they don't come out and explain it, I'll just drop the 3 merchants that I have on the second account just to not bother with it.

15 years and counting
    Linda - If they don't come out and explain it, I'll just drop the 3 merchants that I have on the second account just to not bother with it.
    You can also apply for these 3 merchants from your main account, then just do a search and replace of your LinkShare ID on your websites and deactivate your second account.

I filled out the new forms. Relatively painless. I don't have multiple accounts, so I didn't have to worry about merging anything. It doesn't look like they have those options yet.

The only question that I had a hard time with was the "Legal Entity Birth Date". Huh? My business has a birth date? So I entered the date I started my main web site. It said it had to be at least 18 years ago. (Stupid rhetorical question: "So is Linkshare now only going to work with businesses that have been established for 18 years?") So I entered my birth date.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

You can also apply for these 3 merchants from your main account, then just do a search and replace of your LinkShare ID on your websites and deactivate your second account.
    It is not this simple - According to Linkshare, if affiliates do not register their legal entity by the end of March they will not get paid afer. Suppose you apply to the same merchants from your first account you still won't get paid for commissions earned on the second account - Also the two accounts might have different URLs attached to them.

15 years and counting
    marcelle - if affiliates do not register their legal entity by the end of March they will not get paid after.
    I can't imagine LS giving only 30 days to their affiliates. It took them over 6 years to come up with this new registration.
    you still won't get paid for commissions earned on the second account
    There's no reason why you could not be paid for commissions earned during or before March.

Zeus - I can't imagine LS giving only 30 days to their affiliates. It took them over 6 years to come up with this new registration.
    lol I like your sense of humour! By the way, once Linskhare froze all affiliate payments and THEN gave notice to foreign affiliates that they should update their W8 BEN forms. Based on their history 30 days notice seems to be quite genereous.

Linkshare - ...affiliates that have not updated their registration information to obtain a master account will no longer be eligible to recieve payment of commissions.
    you're right! I misinterpreted. I suppose that this means that affiliates will not be paid for commissions earned after the end of March.

Special Liaison
    Hello Everyone,

Heres the information you need to combine your accounts. Further information can be found in your Affiliate Resource Center.

What You Need to Aggregate Existing Accounts:

Please note that affiliates will not be able to register more that one legal entity with the identical registration information. If you attempt to register identical information as an already registered legal entity the following notice will appear at the top of the screen after submitting the second step: "Please contact LinkShare to initiate a fraud check." If you wish to aggregate this affiliate account as a channel to an existing legal entity follow the steps A and B and skip to step 8 below.

Click the "Please contact LinkShare to initiate a fraud check" link
    This will open a form to e-mail LinkShare Affiliate Support
    Steps to Aggregate affiliate accounts:

Login to the first affiliate account that you want to register a legal entity.
    Go to the "Your Account" tab.
    Click on the "Register Legal Entity" link.
    Complete the legal entity registration.
    Record the username/login associated with your newly created legal entity.
    The system automatically aggregates the first affiliate account (now referred to as an affiliate channel) to your newly created legal entity.
    Send an e-mail to LinkShare affiliate support from the following link: http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/a.../support.shtml. You can also access this e-mail form from "Support" link on the lower left portion of the affiliate interface.
    Please type the code 20050304 into the subject line so we can process your aggregation request efficiently.
    In the message body, include the username/login for the 1st legal entity account that you already created successfully. Please do not send your password.
    Also in the message body, include the username/login for all other affiliate accounts that you wish to aggregate to this legal entity account. Please do not send your password.
    Message Body Example:
    Legal entity username: john
    1st Affiliate account username to aggregate: jane
    2nd Affiliate account username to aggregate: bill
    3rd Affiliate account username to aggregate: alex
    Click the Send button.
    LinkShare will verify your account information and process your request.
    LinkShare will contact you with the status of your request via the primary e-mail address associated with your legal entity.

Regards,

Gloria

ABW Ambassador
    Now that is intuitive, I love that you don't type "aggregate accounts" or "merge accounts" in the subject, oh no - "20050304"

Intuitive as always from linkshare.

I wouldn't expect anything less.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Noxid - LinkShare will verify your account information and process your request.
    In case that the URLs are different for the two accounts what will happen once the request is processed. Would there be a place to have more than one Web site under the same legal entity. I know that I am asking the obvious, but with Linkshare you never know.

One more question: do you have to enter a tax ID for a foreign account? Some countries' taxation systems do not function with tax IDs as we know them

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    In case that the URLs are different for the two accounts what will happen once the request is processed. Would there be a place to have more than one Web site under the same legal entity. I know that I am asking the obvious, but with Linkshare you never know.

One more question: do you have to enter a tax ID for a foreign account? Some countries' taxation systems do not function with tax IDs as we know them
    Different URL's are ok, but they will all fall under one legal identitiy. Once you have created that Legal identity you will beable to create as many channels that you like with as many URL's as you manage.

I beleive we follow what the US governement requires so the process and forms literally just come from them and thus need to be filled in. If there is not ID in the country you are in and the form requires it just send me an email and our legal group will have to check with the government forms to see what to do.

I hope that helps,
    Steve

If there is not ID in the country you are in and the form requires it just send me an email and our legal group will have to check with the government forms to see what to do.
    Well Steve, could you please advise on this matter anyway?

Steve could you confirm the procedure as described by Gloria in this thread as to how to aggregate accounts under one legal entity?
    many thanks
    marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    So we would have to switch out links/id's (secondary account to main) after the merge since it will all be under one account? And the cutoff date is March 31 to do all this? Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    >>So we would have to switch out links/id's (secondary account to main) after the merge since it will all be under one account?

That's exactly what I came by to ask, whether all those links will have to be changed.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    This happened to me, too. I am also wondering if I will need to update my links (ID) for these odd merchants when the account is merged.

This happened to me, too. I am also wondering if I will need to update my links (ID) for these odd merchants when the account is merged.
    Not only that but...

We send an e-mail to LinkShare affiliate support for them to merge the accounts and then they will verify the account information and process the request. Then LinkShare will contact us with the status of our request.

Now this is not meant to be negative but this sounds like a human at Linkshare will be doing the verifying and processing and remembering to contact us. And we all know how slow Linkshare is to act and then to contact.

I see a lapse in time between someone merging the accounts and then contacting us to let us know. I do not see it being instantaneous. Then if we do have to update our link ID on the merchants that have been merged, we'll have to drop everything we're doing and immediately change out all our links or we have dead links or non-tracking links. Plus if they don't notify us instantly and the links need to be changed, we have dead links between the time they make the merge and we get notified, too.

If our second (or third, etc) merged accounts do not change link IDs, then nevermind on the above as everything should work without any more work on our end.

Special Liaison
    Dear Gr Sacc

To answer your questions:
    When you email you can send all usernames as part of your merge email.

Do affiliates with aggregated affiliate accounts (channels) under one legal entity need to change their links?
    No, affiliates do not need to change any links because the tracking code remains the same.

You can view the answers to many of your questions in the Affiliate Resource Center.

ABW Ambassador
    How long does it take to get any secondary accounts moved on over into the main?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    Well Steve, could you please advise on this matter anyway?

Steve could you confirm the procedure as described by Gloria in this thread as to how to aggregate accounts under one legal entity?
    many thanks
    marcelle
    If you let me know which country you are concerned about I can give you a better answer. We would just need to look up the rules around that country which the IRS gives out. I was unaware that certain countries had no Tax number. From what we saw in the IRS documentation they all have some number. Once you give us the country I will make sure that we provide you with information.

With regards to the number in the header: The number was used to ensure that our CRM filter finds any emails quickly. If you use words, it can tend to make more mistakes so the concept of using a number to do the filtering was developed to try to avoid past problems that we had seen with the filter. The number stood for the year, month and date of the launch of the tool, not that you would care, but it meant we could always go back into history and know that any email with that date most likely referred to Athena. Sorry if it seemed a bit less intuitive.

Finally, the procedure that Gloria gave is correct. At the early stages of launch a lot more of the process is intentional manual because we wanted to see what types of potential problems we might run into before we automate the account information. While for many of you it may seem straight forward, we deal with a lot of registrations where the managers only run the sites for a separate owner. That owner may or may not want to be merged with the managers site so if we automated this process (using user name and passwords) we feared that many accounts would be merged without proper authorization. This is just one example, but there are also others. So while I hope that this does not create any delays, with the introduction of people, we felt that at the early stage of Athena it was more important to make sure that it was done correctly then quickly. I hope that this does not delay anyone or cause you any inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Steve

Steve, I sent you a Private Message with the info requested

I do appreciate the fact that Linkshare has initiated the process manually in fear of mix-ups like the one that you desribed. However, I am concerned regarding the time frame of one month given for everyone to comply. One month might be a tight squeeze if affiliates encounter delays with the manual process.

The fact that Linkshare stated that no affiliate will get paid for commissions earned in after March 31 if the aggregation of the accounts is not completed by then somewhat worries me.

marcelle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast