Hiako,

You emailed me this morning and asked for a response to "dumped for no sales". Then you didn't post the reply. What give?

FYI, she still has her links up to American Blind and Wallpaper Factory, although she claimed otherwise. In fact, she has an ABWF banner posted on the right hand corner of this page.
    http://buckworks.com/home-garden.html

I guess it takes all kinds.

Arden Kirschner
    Affiliate Program Manager
    American Blind and Wallpaper Factory

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hiako,
    You emailed me this morning and asked for a response to "dumped for no sales". Then you didn't post the reply. What give?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Adren" -
    First you said it was Herby that asked you to respond and didn't post, now you say it's Haiko. Make up your mind and get your story straight.

What a wonderful attitude for an affiliate manager. Great way to recruit new affiliates! No wonder you've got *soooo* *many* affliates making money!

Arden,

I sent you the post last night and yes you did answer it in the morning but I, honestly, thought it was an answer to me not to the post, please forgive the miscommunication.

I have been deluged all day with quite a few issues (gator, a few of our merchants issues and also member rules orientated) that I did not have the chance to answer the 10 times I tried to today.

Best,

Haiko
    PS. FWIW - I know that ABWF / decoratetoday are parasite free

FWIW,

I send many (95%) of the merchants all complaints to facilitate their joining and answering ... many never answer but some do.

Haiko

Haiko,

Thanks for the opportunity anyway. It’s not a problem; I was curious. I posted a reply this evening.

American Blind and Wallpaper Factory, and www.decoratetoday.com have been on line since 1996. We started our affiliate program 15 months ago, and I’ve been with it every step of the way. My goal is to keep our program fair, equitable, and profitable.

I’m lucky. As a “brick and mortar” store, we have a perspective on sales and profitability that many dot coms lack. I am also lucky to have the support and an infrastructure second to none. We have programmers, web designers and developers, a large technical staff, financial and administrative personnel, all committed to the promise of the Internet and our place on it.

Our site is constantly evolving, getting better. It takes an extraordinary amount of time and work to maintain it and make it run smoothly and efficiently. For example, we host over 3 million images, and add hundreds more each week.

To bring business to our site we rely on old fashion print and media, direct mail, email, search engines, relationships with other brick and mortar stores, and our affiliate program.

I work with our affiliates when they ask for assistance. Their success is my success! We are all held together by the same desire to learn and succeed, and none of us have time for ignorance, sour grapes, or unproductive sarcasm.

Archambault, (eaglefire), was wrong. I called her on it, and that’s that. I don’t believe she has the depth and insight to understand her mistake at this time. But I think we all learn from our mistakes, so there is hope for her in the future. I’ve learned over the years not to hold grudges, it’s not good business.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and most importantly,

<“PS. FWIW - I know that ABWF / decoratetoday are parasite free”>

Best regards,

Arden

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Archambault, (eaglefire), was wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The way you worded this makes it seem as though you think "Archambault" and "eaglefire" are the same person. They're not.

Archambault (as you ever-so-politely call her) stands by her comments about not liking your ethics. In the other thread you plainly said that you did business with WhenU and are only NOW in the process of dropping them. Archambault is not exactly impressed with the strength of your commitment to doing the right thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don’t believe she has the depth and insight to understand her mistake at this time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Archambault will let others on this board who have known her for a while be the judge of that.

Elisabeth Archambault

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Archambault, (eaglefire), was wrong. I called her on it, and that’s that. I don’t believe she has the depth and insight to understand her mistake at this time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the contrary. Eaglefire, has the depth and insight to realize that any affiliate manager that publicly bullies and berates an affiliate, posts her sales data, stops just short of calling her a liar, and otherwise acts in such a rude and unprofessional manner for all to see, in response to her polite and professionally written correspondence, is shooting himself in the foot.

Something you apparently do not have the insight to see for yourself. I've seen the page Elisabeth was referring to. You apparently haven't which indicates you don't even take the time to look at your affiliates' websites. It's no wonder you have to "cull to cut costs" when your program could and should be growing.

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

What eaglefire said.

Now that I know who my affiliate manager is over there, and how patient, polite, and helpful (NOT!!) that manager is, I think I'll drop the program.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eaglefire:

On the contrary. Eaglefire, has the depth and insight to realize that any affiliate manager that publicly bullies and berates an affiliate, posts her sales data, stops just short of calling her a liar, and otherwise acts in such a rude and unprofessional manner for all to see, in response to her polite and professionally written correspondence, is shooting himself in the foot.

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

here here, well said!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

>We have programmers, web designers and developers, a large technical staff, financial and administrative personnel, all committed to the promise of the Internet and our place on it.

And my, won't *they* be pleased when they find out who, precisely, is to blame for them all being in line for food stamps?

If your company is that keen on cutting costs, I suggest they start with you.

>none of us have time for ignorance, sour grapes, or unproductive sarcasm.

And thats why. Brick and Mortar man. You screwed up big time in a way that costs more than goodwill. If, despite your antics, you really do have your companies best interests at heart you'll hand in your notice right now and send us a more civilized replacement.

And never ever go anywhere near a job requiring interpersonal skills again.

Bullyboy office tactics fall flat outside your own turf. And pulling that kind of crap online will have you filing Chapter 11 faster than you can say 'put option'.

I

ABW Ambassador
    One word: WHAMMO!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Evil:
    One word: WHAMMO!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and we are not talking about frisbees! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread