Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    Need some input
    I have just finished my previous site, and other than updating and promoting, it is pretty stable. I have a week off in a few weeks and I have a goal of building two more sites... I just don't know exactly what i want to do. I have some ideas, and just wanted to know some of your input.

1) A magazine affiliate store: Focused on clean, family magazines. Is this market too saturated?

2) Lyrics site: Would it just be way too much work updating and builiding a large database?

3) Random Fact site and newsletter: A daily (or less often?) newsletter that has one random intresting fact, and a website full of archived facts.

4) Pick a popular toy genre (Harry Potter, Legos, Barbie, etc.) and make an affiliate store for it or store plus content.

5) Image Site: Heard they are good at attracting traffic?

I know I have listed quite a few ideas... just wanted to get others views. Which of these would be doable and monetize well? Or are they all not suitable options.

In the past I have been able to think of ideas, but I seem to be in a rut. Any comments would be great!

Thanks

Chad

A lyrics site might be fun if you enjoy that. I would pick a type of music you enjoy and work on that.

As far as the image site - that would get a lot of people just looking to hotlink to your images. If you want to do an art site - pick a topic and have good content. Like the magazines, this can be added to most any kind of content site on topic.

Popular toy site - I would pick a toy that would stand the test of time.

Magazines - yes, lots of competition. But if you could add some on topic to another type of site.

Good Luck!!
    Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    Do what you love. What works for one person might not work for another. Go with your interests.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Make sure that "what you love" includes a lot of stuff to buy, and not too many people selling it

If you love something like video games, you may find that when it comes to a sales site, "what you like" and even "what doesn't bore you completely to death" are just fine after all!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Like womanht said, do what you love. If you love pda's and smartphone's - pm me - idea for you - no strings attached.

I like to fish around for emerging niche opportunities using andale.com's "What's Hot" research tool. You can preview/demo it under >> Research Tools >> What's Hot >> Start -- to validate an idea or find out how saturated a potential niche may be.
    Any other interesting methods?

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    I can't PM yet donuts.... not enough posts.... i guess i lurk too much and post to little. :-)

skin care
    you could always build a skin care
    cosmetics site, just in time for the launch
    of my affiliate program. there is going to be a great
    incentive competition attached to launch
    Neil

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread