Springhill Nursery, Brecks, Gurneys, Henry Fields
    Hi Everyone,

Springhill Nursery, Brecks, Gurneys, and Henry Fields are all represented by the same A.M. Recently "they" made changes to all of the websites. Since then I've noticed that all four sites have major problems - itermittently. Graphics don't appear (just boxes with x's); when I use the search box, I get a page error telling me that the page doesn't exist; or when I click on a menu item nothing happens. Other times all is well. I can work on links for hours and all is okay, then it just falls apart.

AM tells me that all is okay. Is it just me? All the other sites I visit are working just fine. Has anyone else noticed these issues?

While these merchants are also at Performics, they've disabled the build your own link option because of the changes they made to the site. So I'm using the CJ interface.

Feel like I'm losing my mind. But my site is all gardening all the time, so I need to work it out.

Thanks JazzTimes

I made a few sales through Springhills, there's a Gurneys sale that was parasite intercepted or not tracked (the customer emailed me asking about the order she bought from my site - except there was no record) and the others have been useless.

Gardening is particularly parasite infested and these merchants seem amongst the worst affected so I dropped them some time ago. There are others that work far better for me.

The ones you mentioned recently put their comission rates up to 30% or even 40% in the case of Brecks, which is way above industry average - maybe the parasites are going hungry and need new meat to feed on?

Thumbs down
    "Gardening is particularly parasite infested and these merchants seem amongst the worst affected so I dropped them some time ago. There are others that work far better for me."

Right on! I've pulled all of the merchants you listed - waste of time working with the parasite lovers.
    ~Ernie

gardening is parasite infected?
    Well that's a little discouraging to hear! I have a couple gardening related sites and have some of the above merchants plus a couple others from shareasale.

Maybe I'll work in some off topic ads and see how they do. I won't mess with it too much since I'm still building traffic.

I'm not surprised that some of these companies like the parasites. Many of these plant and seed catalog companies have a history of foisting quick-growing low quality plants on people and are looked down upon by the green industry. Poplar trees are one example of a "miracle tree" that grows fast and gives short term satisfaction to become a large dead tree removal project a few years later. I should probably steer clear of them on that basis alone!

Sorry, I have trouble sticking to one topic if I type for long...so I'll stop!

Paul & Erninator,

Thank you for the insights. Links are coming down. The sites haven't been up consistently and my links don't work all the time. The AM thinks I'm crazy, I'm not. So I'll join those of you who have pulled your links.

JazzTimes

Pulling those links mentioned at the top of this thread. I love/hate finding out about infested programs.....

They made liitle or no sales anyhow.....Uh, I wondered why.
    Guess I got my answer
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread