Cool Any Affiliates REALLY making money here ?
    Hi There

After almost 3 months of never ending hours of work building a website-tying into search engines-signing up as an affiliate with over 600 Merchants....... I've YET to make even one penny from any of it.

Obviously, I'm just getting started with all of this and accept the fact that it takes time to build up website traffic, which is fortunately slowly but surely happening.

We did 6 TEST purchases through our own website/banners..... and guess what.... 3 of the sales/commissions were NEVER reported and placed in my account UNTIL I had to PROVE the sales took place to the merchants who checked my links saying they were all AOK, but had no valid reason why my sales did NOT show. VERY TROUBLING ! ! ! ! How many of my "click-throughs" are possibly generating SALES that are NOT being reported and credited back to me ???? As I said, we're just getting started...... but have had over 500 "click-throughs"...... yet NOT one penny in "reported" sales ? Does that sound right ?

What should the rough estimate percentages of "clicks vs sales" be ? ? Is it an average of 1000 click-throughs for an actual sale ? All of our web visitors and click-thru statistics are increasing daily......but what's it going to take a million click throughs to generate some simple pocket-change ? YES, we're fairly well "targeted" .......and it's why we're getting the "click-thrus" we're getting from the small amount of website visitors we've had in these first few weeks since we started, so I don't think that's the problem.

Or is it that there is something fishy about all of this and the FACT that when we personally tracked sales, 50% of them never got reported ?

We OBVIOUSLY have NO means of KNOWING "if" our "click-throughs" are generating actual sales UNLESS the merchant reports it..... which in our "test", they DIDN'T in 3 of 6 instances. What are we supposed to do, personally buy someting from each of our merchants inorder to see if the sale is actually REPORTED ?

We're using CJ - Link Share - BFast - Performics....... 2 of the NON-reported sales are Link Share Merchants..... two of the "big-boys".

HELP !

Willing to work an additional MILLION hours "if" it's all ACTUALLY worth it ! !

Mark

Am I having Deja Vu all over again or did I just read this exact post in another forum?

Special Liaison
    Mark,

To have this issue investigated, please email contact@linkshare.com with your username, merchant with the missing sales and order numbers. In the subject line of the message please write ABW posting.

Regards,

Gloria

Am I having Deja Vu all over again or did I just read this exact post in another forum?
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

sorry :
    its one of those days.

you all know that I get married on Friday..
    so I am having my last few days of irresponsibility..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

>>>After almost 3 months of never ending hours of work building a website-tying into search engines-signing up as an affiliate with over 600 Merchants....... I've YET to make even one penny from any of it.<<<

uh huh, and I wonder how many of them will ever convert for you?

when you can look at your site stats and hits vs. sales on those networks, try to determine who to get rid of some time in the future. keep the ones that are working for you. The online-mall model works for some, but it has to be done carefully or the visitors get confused.

ABW Ambassador
    I have 0 sales from cj today. I used to have dozens of sales daily. With each upgrade, sales fell. Now, $0 sales days are common.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, wrong forum. Please delete my post. I am surviving on linkshare sales now. Thanks Linkshare!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread