ABW Ambassador
    Competition Is Coming - YPN
    Woule be nice for somebody to give them a little competiton.

http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/...ahoo_profi.php

I always felt as though something like this was on the horizon. I wonder if they will keep the percentage payout per click a big secret like google does.

ABW Ambassador
    You can see them here in the left column:

http://emmanate.org/wretch/

I sure hope it's better than Quigo. I'd definitely love to give this a try. Google has some restrictions on Adwords/AdSense that I dont like very much, so this is a more than welcome change.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hmmm....Overture has a very profitable and long contract with Gator. Gator announces it is turning over another leaf and will be applying all the 'behavorial' marketing they've learned through data mining to form an new Advertising Network. Yahoo comes up with it's version of competition for AdSense through Overture.

My mind wanders down the conspiracy theory avenue when I'm tired.

ABW Ambassador
    http://publisher.yahoo.com/

You can sign up for updates.

I just dont see it happening at all at least not in the current form. The yahoo ad box looks like a trademark violation to googles. I would expect a huge lawsuit once they release their version. I am actually surprised that the overture publisher that has it running in beta form on his blog has not been asked to have it removed by google.

ABW Ambassador
    The Pepsi-Cola can has the same shape as the Coca-Cola can and they both have cola in it, except Coke tastes better . There's no TM violation. Overture has actually had something like this for major publishers for awhile now. And there are plenty more places that have advertising boxes or contextual advertising boxes. When they do come out, try them out and see who pays you more. They might since the bids at Overture start at 10 cents vs. Google's 5. Have to see how this plays out, might push Google into giving us a bigger part of the unknown pie.

The pie is not unkown, it just isnt told to you. I think its 60% now it was 75 % It would be nice to know what my cut is on every click but to tell you the truth it just doesnt matter. I signed up for the yahoo product update but doubt I will make the switch to yahoo

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look at the source code on several beta sites as I sure like to see which network merchant programs want to jump first on cutting the legs out from under their affiliates.

common :
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    ctxt_ad_partner = '1731275039';
    ctxt_ad_section = '41';
    ctxt_ad_bg = '';
    ctxt_ad_width = 728;
    ctxt_ad_height = 90;
    ctxt_ad_bc = 'CCFFCC';
    ctxt_ad_cc = 'FFFFFF';
    ctxt_ad_lc = '0000FF';
    ctxt_ad_tc = '000000';
    ctxt_ad_uc = '999999';
    // -->
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript" src="http://ypn-js.overture.com/partner/js/ypn.js">
    </script>

Some of the script codes were different (without the oveture.com calls) displaying some BF/CJ/ ValueClick mass advertisers in the boxes. The advertising mindset moves into practicing Darwinism explaining why the networks sped up moves into side deal SEO/SEM with datamined stats. Like Ms.B sees this, I too agree the major networks are seeking to pop-poo and sedate the legit ABWers, while their puppet masters prepare the coolaid.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    "The pie is not unkown"

" I think its 60% now it was 75 % It would be nice to know what my cut is on every click"

Since we're both affiliates, that's how i typed it. You don't know, i don't know.

"but doubt I will make the switch to yahoo"

Even it pays more? Why wouldn't you? The only way to know for sure is to try.

Mike give it a try. You can make lots of money from people clicking the nearest thing they can find to get off your site. You can be rich

Google paid Yahoo awhile back to settle the PPC copyright lawsuit from Overture.
    [url=http://www.onlinemarts.com][b]Online shopping deals Free Coupons[/b][/url]

Looks like this is scheduled to go live tomorrow, on ABW's B-Day :-)

http://news.com.com/Yahoo+to+launch+...3-5815551.html

Tuan

the article mentions the yahoo ads "will add human editorial judgment to the selection of ads for content pages"...

this could be good in that you get better targeted ads... but usually when a human has to do work that means he has to get paid, which could mean slightly lower pay out to us webmasters...

maybe... just letting my brain run there a little. it will be interesting to see how google reacts with their payments too.

Either way, we should make out good.

Just Lurking
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by DSC Advantages
    this could be good in that you get better targeted ads... but usually when a human has to do work that means he has to get paid, which could mean slightly lower pay out to us webmasters...
    Will be interesting to see what they come up with to compete with Google but either way competition is good.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

I'm quite excited about this new tool. There are certain things Google doesn't allow you to promote through AdWords while Yahoo does. This will bring a whole new set of ad possibilities to a couple of my sites that don't do extremely well with AdSense. Can't wait!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    the article mentions the yahoo ads "will add human editorial judgment to the selection of ads for content pages"...
    That also means closer editorial scrutiny of sites in the program, which a lot of people have been wishing Google would start doing.

Just Lurking
    Well anyone get an invitation to the beta program?

http://www.jensense.com/

There's a link to the beta program on that page. Looks like an affiliate link ... sooooo I'm not posting it here.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

Given Yahoo's history of ripping webmasters off (Yahoo Directory listing, Inktomi bait-and-switch), I assume that Yahoo will manage to somehow rip off either publishers or advertisers with this new scheme.

Don't trust 'em. Like a lot of ABWers, I've been burned by Yahoo's scams in the past. Can't say I'll trust 'em again.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I'll probably throw it on one of my sites just to test it out and to see the pay... though to be perfectly honest, I'm more interested in Google's response (hopefully higher pay for us).
    [LEFT][URL=http://www.dcgolfreview.com]www.DCGolfReview.com[/URL]
    - Professional golf course reviews in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC area
    - Reliable equipment evaluations
    [/LEFT]

I did get an invitation to the beta, but I see its only for publishers in US ... lol I can't join.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread